newbie with a $3.00 MD

S

sloany66

Hi all , I've been reading this website for about a month ............ completely awesome ......... even more awesome is all your wonderful finds CONGRATS . I had MD when i was A young lad, had the bug going found the usual clad and junk , but was really fun . then the md died on me . so I was done as a detectorist , until recently my wife and i was looking on ebay and found a cheapy for $40 won the auction , and i was feeling like a kid again wishing i had the MD right now . So after the auction and some coffee we went to some garage sales found a old Jetco treasure hawk MD for $3.00 i was so stoked . later that day i went out and found some junk tabs etc. and 2 nice fishing lures value about $8.00. then went fishing with some friends .... caught 3 bass .... 2 lil guys and one 2lber . come home have dinner . look on ebay again (one of my hobbies) and what do i find the same jetco i bought earlier , 2 days later i goes for a whopping $62.09. hmmmmmmmmmmmm wondering if i should list mine , well not until i get this Other MD figured out , anyways one heck of a day . sorry so long . happy detecting , find it , its there .

Upvote 0

Pennyworth

Bronze Member
Jan 1, 2006
Welcome to TNET! :) Definitely figure out how the $40 detector works,get comfortable with it and if you still want you can sell the $3.00 detector. It's also good as a back up for only $3.00. Good luck,find some stuff and post pictures.

bk

Bronze Member
Jan 19, 2005
SE Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE pro, Minelab Explorer XS, Garrett Freedom II (3), Garrett pro-pointer.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I too started out with a Jetco Mustang. That was 32 years ago. I've been hooked ever since.
Welcome to the obsession.

A

Angela (Australia)

Welcome back to the best hobby you can have! It hasn't let me down. :)

OP
OP
S

sloany66

ty for the replies , i will have my wife post pics of my finds . also when i found the lures i found a 1996 P nickle , wooooooooo hooooooooooooo gotta love free money , also anyone wanting 2 team up that is in the northeast pa area im 90 minutes from erie on the pa / ny border (bradford)

OP
OP
S

sloany66

sorry northwest , rough day lack of sleep lol

Gypsy Heart

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
Ozarks
Wow that was a great buy! And you will have it paid for with your finds in no time!!!! ;)
Welcome to our crazy little world!

Bavaria Mike

Gold Member
Feb 7, 2005
Bavaria Germany
Detector(s) used
Minelab XT70, Fisher 1280, Garrett Ace 250 and MH5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to the forum. That's an antique in the electronics world, LOL! HH, Mike

Mona Lisa

Gold Member
Jan 13, 2005
Great Falls, Montana
Detector(s) used
White's DFX & a Sunray probe
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Hey, neighbor, Welcome to TreasureNet. You've joined the best forum on the web. :)

Learn your machine and you'll make some great finds. Alot of neat victorian houses in Bradford.....I'm sure there's some old coins in those yards. ;)

By the way, I'm from Northwestern PA, too. 8)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread