jorge del norte

Bronze Member
Dec 22, 2005
nc
Detector(s) used
Nokta Simplex - Tesoro Conquistador Umax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I went to my mom and dads last weekend for a visit, asked my dad to drag out his coin collection, he is not a aggresive collector but been collecting since late 1950's.....as he was showing me his coins, we came across a buffalo nickle and he said, "do you remember this one?" and he told me i had found it in a crack on top of the mantle when they first moved in the old grand house. I said i forgot about that.......then I thought... I wonder if there is anymore....got a flash light and removed his antique clock form the mantle, and took a peek....to my amazement.....covered with dust in a small crack was a 1939 mercury dime......wow!!!
*and today i went to a old park....( est.1903).....no luck at all....alot of beer has been drank there.....I got so pissed...cause I never find any old stuff...my batteries...were getting low....i still had 45 min to get to work...so i went a got some new batteries...and beat feet to a local play ground, determined to find something....in about 30 min I got 40 clad coins.....totaling $ 2.04.....1 quarter, 1 nickel, 14 dimes, 24 memorials.....still pissed......i never have enough time....I'm always in a rush....md'ing is fun but hard sometimes.

Upvote 0

Pennyworth

Bronze Member
Jan 1, 2006
Nice story about the Buffalo nickle and congratulations on the Mercury dime. :) I also had to laugh several times while reading your post because I've felt the same way at times and said I'm not going home until I find something. Keep on detecting.

OP
OP
jorge del norte

jorge del norte

Bronze Member
Dec 22, 2005
nc
Detector(s) used
Nokta Simplex - Tesoro Conquistador Umax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
gypsyheart said:
Nice finds ...Did he give you back the Buffalo? :)

Naa....I let him keep it for memories.....he had wrote how it was found, where, and when on the coin card......I think he was pretty proud of it. He did give me the mercury though.... since I did'nt have one....and it was a double of what he already had. chao

mws

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread