odds and ends -- mostly odds

mlw67

Bronze Member
Apr 27, 2006
Portland, OR
I finally got out for a bit today, and depending on how long I was aimlessly wandering looking for hunting sites, I probably got in two to three hours of hunting.

I didn't get any silver this time, but I know where the old coins *aren't*, so I'm calling it "successful field research".

I found four wheats, the oldest was 1940. I found a sobriety token, and I'm going to assume that they weren't drunk when they lost it. I found a weird button with an anchor on it, but since I'm in Portland, Oregon instead of Portland, Maine, I'm just guessing that it is not an old navy button, but instead an Old Navy button. An agate, and some very strange triangular stones that I think the Sleestaks use to control the weather. And yeah, a pile-o-clad.

I had fun.

Attachments

• 061306.jpg
    061306.jpg
    70.5 KB · Views: 514
Upvote 0

ceejay64

Apr 16, 2006
New Hampshire, USA
Detector(s) used
BH Pioneer 505
Can we get a large version of that picture... I need some new wallpaper.
I seriously absolutely LOVE that. Makes me laugh every time. Where the heck did you find it?? ;D

OP
OP
mlw67

mlw67

Bronze Member
Apr 27, 2006
Portland, OR
Talk all you want, Gypsy--and thanks Ruth and Ceejay!

I found the pic on the web when looking for a good avatar for my poker games. You see, this is also the face I make when someone gets a good hand! I call her a name that has been a game-room name I have used for a decade now, mostly playing Quake, but also in other on-line games. Its "Dr. Spanker". I almost made that my name here, but a treasure forum has a bit different aura than a game room.

Here is a big version for your wallpaper needs:

Attachments

• spank.jpg
    spank.jpg
    19.7 KB · Views: 157

jopher

Bronze Member
Jul 20, 2003
Mid Michigan
Detector(s) used
IDX Classic SL-x2....Excalibur1000
Nice finds but lets get realistic...Sleazstaks used glowing crystals to change the weather.!..Joe

OP
OP
mlw67

mlw67

Bronze Member
Apr 27, 2006
Portland, OR
Thanks Joe!

What you don't know is that I arranged them symmetrically on a waffle iron, set it to '3', and it started raining.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread