Plucked a Gold Victorian Cameo Ring from the sand Sunday... (Updated more pics)

fir469

Dec 18, 2007
Picked up this beautiful 10K or 12K (tested under 14K) Victorian Era (1880-1920) Cameo ring from about 5" down in the shell mulch sand on Sunday. Best part was it was located right smack in the middle of 3 previously dug holes by another MD'er. He was moving way too fast for this trash laden beach and passed it up along with a ton of other targets. They key is to just slow down, sometimes way down, keep that coil flat and persevere... HH all!!

Added more pics as requested, including one of the beauty that stole it from me lol...

Upvote 0

Brian C.

Bronze Member
Jan 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
Whites and Garrett. I use several machines, the ace 350 is a nice machine. I have a 5900, 6000, whites.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
fir469 said:
Picked up this beautiful 10K or 12K (tested under 14K) Victorian Era (1880-1920) Cameo ring from about 5" down in the shell mulch sand on Sunday. Best part was it was located right smack in the middle of 3 previously dug holes by another MD'er. He was moving way too fast for this trash laden beach and passed it up along with a ton of other targets. They key is to just slow down, sometimes way down, keep that coil flat and persevere... HH all!!

Added more pics as requested, including one of the beauty that stole it from me lol...
Nice looking ring, it suits you. Brian C.

Elad

Apr 23, 2008
MA
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2SE
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice find. Living up juto the DVRR legacy, indeed!

davidtn

Dec 14, 2005
Tennessee
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites MX Sport, Eurotek Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A real Beauty indeed! Ring's not too bad either, har har.

Keep us posted as to what all you find out about it.

spitfire55

Bronze Member
Sep 17, 2008
Fresno, CA.
Detector(s) used
(Whites) MXT, MXT PRO, SURF PRO/PI and COINMASTER 5500/D, (Fisher) GOLDBUG. AT PRO(Garrett), CTX 3030(Mine Lab).
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
:thumbsup: That is a really nice find. CONGRADULATIONS. :notworthy:

creeper71

Silver Member
Dec 5, 2007
South Central PA
Re: Plucked a Gold Victorian Cameo Ring from the sand Sunday... (Updated more pi

fir469 said:
can't truly say enough how grateful I am for all your kind comments!! I'm gonna go see a few jewelers this weekend to get it appraised and possibly restored. I'm mainly a old coin and relic hunter but the frozen ground and snow has chased me to the beach recently. This is actually my first gold from the beach, so I'm thrilled it's a good one! I've found a ton of silver from the beaches but no gold. I guess i hafta thank old man winter for shutting down my normal hunting grounds!! Thanks again guys!!!

-Jason
Did you ever get this appraised?

windage

Apr 3, 2011
Mason-Dixon Line
Detector(s) used
eyes, ears, wet finger in the wind and old willow sticks, when that don't work; Minelabs
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yup, that is exactly where all my nice rings end up too! On her fingers. Best way to "display" your finds. Get used to it. Great Find! The ring is nice too.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions