First Half Hour with etrac (in my front lawn) ih

nhagan

Jul 27, 2010
Illinois
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
Pretty excited to have joined the minelab club! It was just delivered today (thanks again Mike)! I grabbed it read the manual from front to back at work and gave it a quick run with default settings when I got home. I only ran it a bit in my front lawn (I was told by the neighbor that my property has some history to it). I was able to snag a 1906 Indian Head and a pretty cool spoon "Armour's Extract Of Beef - Chicago USA" I can not wait to get back out there and ding around. Nothing real exciting here but knowing it came from my front lawn (which there is plenty more to search) gets me all excited. Glad to be a part of the etrac club!

P1010868_small.JPG

P1010870_small.JPG

P1010871_small.JPG

P1010872_small.JPG

Neil

Upvote 0

birdman

Gold Member
Jan 28, 2005
Choctaw Beach Florida
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 and ORX, tesoro Cibola with garret,whites and minelab pinpointers
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very nice!

cyberborikua

Apr 11, 2011
Chicago
Detector(s) used
BH 505, BH Tracker IV, Minelab Safari, Minelab E-Track,Tesoro Sand Shark, Cobra Beach Master, Radio Shack Micronta 3001
Very well conserved IH and loved the spoon! :headbang:

Jun 17, 2010
Middle,Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Detectors used: Garrett GTI 2500 and Garrett Ace 250,Garrett Treasure-Ace 200(retired) with Garrett PRO-POINTER
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome finds Congratulations!!
TTH

metman

Jul 28, 2010
Metamora, IL
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Well, you gotta be pumped now. New etrac and new find. I guess the history about your house may be true. Hope you find more!! Congrats!!! :headbang:

DPBOB

Silver Member
Apr 12, 2006
DES PLAINES IL
Detector(s) used

"Your going Metal Detecting
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang:
Neil....wtg....
I see you took my advise and got a hold of Mike....
Congrats on both the I H and the Machine... Your going to love it.....and you have a lot of old areas by you....
I'll be down your way on the 11th but I don't know if I can squeeze any detecting in.....since I'm heading back as soon as I load the car up with my son and his junk....

steelheadwill

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2010
New Castle NH.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Brain eyes ears and nose
Primary Interest:
Other
Nice Indian, Gotta love that Beef Extract :laughing7:
Spoons anyone?
that's all I find lately :thumbsup:

spitfire55

Bronze Member
Sep 17, 2008
Fresno, CA.
Detector(s) used
(Whites) MXT, MXT PRO, SURF PRO/PI and COINMASTER 5500/D, (Fisher) GOLDBUG. AT PRO(Garrett), CTX 3030(Mine Lab).
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
OP
OP
nhagan

nhagan

Jul 27, 2010
Illinois
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
D P Bob said:
:headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang:
Neil....wtg....
I see you took my advise and got a hold of Mike....
Congrats on both the I H and the Machine... Your going to love it.....and you have a lot of old areas by you....
I'll be down your way on the 11th but I don't know if I can squeeze any detecting in.....since I'm heading back as soon as I load the car up with my son and his junk....

Well if you get any free time at all hit me up or the old mans cell. We are both pumped to get out and do some swinging. I will have to post some pics of the other 'relics' I have pulled out of my lawn (older horse/buggy stuff, buckles etc..). I guess word has it there used to be an old 'tavern/motel' stagecoach deal right where my living room is back in the 1840s. I have looked on a map (best one i can find on my area from earlier on) and can tell that there was definitely something here called the 'germantown house'. I guess there was even a 'germantown massacre' that happened where my living room sits.

Dont know for sure but finding that 1906 gives me hope there is plenty more to come!

Neil

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread