A busy day full of digging!

bazinga

Silver Member
Oct 31, 2005
High Five!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Lee, Larry, and I hunted several spots today. One of the 1950s era schools had about an acre sized area or larger worth of top soil removed. Sadly, it was about 8" worth, and no coins sank deep enough to be left. It was a void of signals except for a few random bullets and a buffalo nickel that I found :) It is too cruddy for me to find the date on it right now. I am going to let it soak and check the date on it later.

Here are my total finds for the day:

50 Memorial Cents
4 Wheat Cents
3 Jefferson Nickels
1 Buffalo Nickel
18 Clad Dimes
15 Clad Quarters

3 Nice looking rings
3 Necklace charms
1 Basketball Medal

These are probably my 3 best looking ring finds in a while and they all came on the same day. Sadly, none of them have any silver or gold markings on them even though that's how they came out of the ground. They didn't require any cleaning at all.

07-23-06.JPG

07-23-06-02.JPG

Upvote 0

SHERMANVILLE ILLINOIS

Gold Member
May 22, 2005
Primary Interest:
Other
B,

looks like you did a ton of digging.

Nice finds.

Rings always make for a special day.

have a good un...........

Green1

Silver Member
Mar 20, 2006
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Mxt 6x10 coil Massachusetts
good day there,, and nice stuff,, i gotta say that does look like a silver ring , no mark even

surfrat96

Bronze Member
Mar 15, 2005
Hollywood, Florida
Detector(s) used
AquaSound
Looks like you had a busy day! Nice stuff ;D I'd still get the rings tested for gold. I've found some that didn't have any markings, acid tested, and was gold. You never know!!

HH 8) surfrat

Boobydoo

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2006
Michigan
Congrats my friend!

Awesome finds.

A couple of those rings definitely look "real".
Get em tested maybe?

Smiles!
BDoo

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks like a great day of finds!!!!!

Congrats! Love the rings!

Nana ;)

Huntin' 59er

Apr 27, 2005
Texas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on the finds! I like the ring with the dark blue stones. Looks like a pretty productive day to me. Thanks for sharing.

Huntin' 59er

civilman1

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
PA-MD
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium LS,White's MXT's and Surf II Lot's-O-Coil's
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I would still have the ring's checked out like everyone else said,no mark's don't mean a thing.Too bad about the amount of soil they took off too,what a kick in the A$$!!Good day anyway,nice find's and good luck if you decide to go back..HH!!

Postalrevnant

Silver Member
Jul 5, 2006
Mountains
Have to fully agree with Digginman about the stones in that ring looking very dark and nice. Nice haul.

Congratulations,

Postalrevnant

B

BIG61AL

DUDE YOU ARE ONE HARD CORE TREASURE HUNTER. YOU ALWAYS HAVE GREAT POSTS......YOU MUST BE SURROUNDED BY LOADS OF UNHUNTED AREAS!

Mirage

Silver Member
Sep 16, 2005
Cleveland, OH
Hey you. Nice finds. What, the basketball medal not worth of a cleaning and proper pic? I looks like a cool find.

Do you have the Sunray probe on your Exp II? I have one on mine and it really makes the whole unit heavy. After about 3 hours my hand starts getting numb(carpal tunnel).

Mirage

OP
OP
bazinga

bazinga

Silver Member
Oct 31, 2005
High Five!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mirage said:
Hey you. Nice finds. What, the basketball medal not worth of a cleaning and proper pic? I looks like a cool find.

Do you have the Sunray probe on your Exp II? I have one on mine and it really makes the whole unit heavy. After about 3 hours my hand starts getting numb(carpal tunnel).

Mirage

The basketball medal is in the rock tumbler right now with the clad. I wasn't in the mood to do any cleaning on it, haha. And the Buffalo Nickel is soaking in ketchup, mmm mmm good, haha.

Yeah, I have the inline sunray probe, and honestly,the weight doesn't bother me. Of course I have never spent any significant amount of time with any other detector to know how a lightweight machine feels. We hunted yesterday from 9-6.... and the right half of my arm cuff has been broken off for a while.... so my hand/arm did start to get sore because there was no support at the end of each swing.

You can do a search for Doc's Swingy Thingy and it is something that attaches to you and the explorer and makes it feel like you aren't holding anything, but it feels too awkward for me, but some of my friends swear by it.

OP
OP
bazinga

bazinga

Silver Member
Oct 31, 2005
High Five!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
BIG61AL said:
DUDE YOU ARE ONE HARD CORE TREASURE HUNTER. YOU ALWAYS HAVE GREAT POSTS......YOU MUST BE SURROUNDED BY LOADS OF UNHUNTED AREAS!

Surprisingly, all of the public places we have to hunt here don't have much left to offer except lots of trash... and then you might get lucky and find the occasional piece of trash, haha.

There isn't a town in the USA that isn't loaded with hunting spots. They are all private house sites and you just need to get permission to hunt them :)

birdman

Gold Member
Jan 28, 2005
Choctaw Beach Florida
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 and ORX, tesoro Cibola with garret,whites and minelab pinpointers
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
yOU ALL CLEANED HOUSE!! GREAT HUNTING.

Rusted_Iron

Bronze Member
May 25, 2006
Corrodedlargecentville
Detector(s) used
Tesoro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
1st class haul!! Love the rings and the basketball medal. Always a good day when you can turn up a Bison, too ;D

I concur w/ the others... looks like you got a couple "real" rings there.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread