Baldingboy & Mastereagle New Site

Baldingboy

Bronze Member
May 17, 2007
Southeast Missouri
Detector(s) used
Minelab SE Professional with 6" Coil
Baldingboy & Mastereagle New Site

Mastereagle and I got permission to hunt a place that was very active in the early 1900's in a small town around our area. We had high hopes of finding an undetected property, but it wasn't to be. It had sadly been detected very well, and there was very little left. Our finds, though meager, made the trip worthwhile.

We arrived right after work and went straight to work. As soon as I put on my headphones Mastereagle went "Circlemouth" and started talking to me. :mblah05: I heard about every tenth word he said and kept nodding my approval to which I would gauge his reaction (to see if I was answering correctly). Later on in the night, he would say "Hey, what do you get here" as he ran his detector over a hole. I would say, "Nothing...cause I'm detecting over here". He didn't show it...but I think he thought it was a pretty good joke. :sign10:

Anyway, I pulled this out of the ground and told Mastereagle I found a Civil War Horse Buckle or Blanket Roll Buckle. He laughed and laughed :laughing9: and said "You think everything is Civil War. If you dug a candy wrapper you would think that"! I held it up and he still didn't believe me. I finally pulled out my Iphone and Googled a picture of one and he finally said "Yeah, it could be, I wasn't denying it was one, I was just saying that you think everything is. I was just giving you trouble dude." (See what I put up with people?) ;D

Picture 845.jpg

I was detecting close to the hole where I found the buckle cover and found what I believe to be a knapsack hook. :icon_scratch: What do you all think?

Picture 855.jpg

Picture 863.jpg

I went on detecting and found this cool Catholic Cross. I am nearly certain it is silver. My SE Pro sang like an angel when I ran over this. It was about 6" in the ground. I felt bad for Mastereagle since he has always said he wanted to dig a nice cross item while detecting. I showed it to him and he said "Yeah… well you suck!" and ran away to the other end of the yard. I think he liked it. :dontknow:

Picture 846.jpg

Picture 856.jpg

Picture 862.jpg

The night ended with the property owner coming out and asking us if we were "just about done". Mastereagle told him "Yeah, actually we were just getting ready to leave". "I know" he said. "Actually your leaving RIGHT now". It's time for you to go". (I think he was trying to tell us something). I sure don't understand his demeanor. We had not been there a long time and had perfect ground conditions, thus our holes were absolutely invisible. He must have been getting pressure from someone else about us being there. I don't know...very strange! Mean people suck. :cussing:

Upvote 0

staydetuned

Aug 27, 2007
San Francisco, California
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Explorer II
Re: Baldingboy & Mastereagle New Site

As soon as I put on my headphones Mastereagle went "Circlemouth" and started talking to me. I heard about every tenth word he said and kept nodding my approval to which I would gauge his reaction (to see if I was answering correctly). Later on in the night, he would say "Hey, what do you get here" as he ran his detector over a hole. I would say, "Nothing...cause I'm detecting over here". He didn't show it...but I think he thought it was a pretty good joke.

Hahahahahaha, that sounds so familiar!

mastereagle22

Silver Member
May 15, 2007
Southeast Missouri
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Explorer II, Xterra30, Whites Prizm IV

[/quote]

mastereagle~ You just hurt my feelings. I am going to tell your wife. You'll be sorry then. :icon_pirat:
[/quote]

I MIGHT believe that if you had any feelings to hurt........ :tongue3: :tongue3: :tongue3: :tongue3: :laughing9: :laughing9:

aa battery

Gold Member
Oct 11, 2006
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

mastereagle~ You just hurt my feelings. I am going to tell your wife. You'll be sorry then. :icon_pirat:
[/quote]

I MIGHT believe that if you had any feelings to hurt........ :tongue3: :tongue3: :tongue3: :tongue3: :laughing9: :laughing9:
[/quote]wow u guys are funny :thumbsup:

{Sentinel}

Silver Member
Jan 11, 2007
Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
TEKNETICS T-2 LTD, Fisher F-75, White's MXT w/ 11 x 14" Excelerator Coil, WHITES Pulse TDI, WHITES Beach Hunter ID, Garrett Propointer and Lesche Digging Tool
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

That's exactly what it is, congrats.

OP
OP
Baldingboy

Baldingboy

Bronze Member
May 17, 2007
Southeast Missouri
Detector(s) used

{Sentinel} said:
That's exactly what it is, congrats.

Sentinel~
Thanks for confirming the ID. I was really blown away to dig that thing.

Mental Granny

Gold Member
May 8, 2005
Cherokee Strip
Detector(s) used
Cibola
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Such cool finds I love the horse buckle! An I love the my story your story as always ! :icon_sunny:

OP
OP
Baldingboy

Baldingboy

Bronze Member
May 17, 2007
Southeast Missouri
Detector(s) used

Mental Granny said:
Such cool finds I love the horse buckle! An I love the my story your story as always ! :icon_sunny:

Thanks MG.....the buckle was a BIG surprise. Mastereagle and I are hitting the road all day tomorrow, so I hope we have good weather.

Baldingboy

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread