Tuesday silver and gold! first ring and silver since Ive started!!! NEW PICS!!!

mfitzy111

Mar 6, 2011
NEPA
Detector(s) used
garrett ACE350 (traded off!), minelab E-TRAC, AT-Pro
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Tuesday silver and gold! first ring and silver since I've started!!! NEW PICS!!!

Yesterday at the local park I made some clad finds as usual, I was working an area near some pine trees near the play ground and got a signal for a nickle - so I started digging a six inch hole and out pops an older ginger ale style bottle cap- in the same plug I see a glimmer of gold and figure it's part of the bottle cap- it turns out to be a ring- looking at it in the dirt I figured it was costume jewelry so I keep on swinging and digging- same park about two hours later I'm in an area where it looks like an old sand pile was- I get a deep signal- about eight inches down. and I start digging in the sand. I can't find the dime so at my final depth I start probing- it's not in the hole. I start working the dirt pile and manage to find a nice 1906 barber dime!!!! I'm not selling it so I cleaned it. the back looked like new, the front has a little wear- but hey it's a 1906- so I'm happy I finally found any silver in that park- I'm surprised that in place where all I've fished out is clad there is silver...nice!

ok so I give the ring to my girlfriend and she's cleaned it in cleaner- says it looks nice on her- so on her lunch hour she and I run over to a local small town jewelry store. the guy tests it and he says it look 18k but it tested at 14k- he had no idea about the stone (and pink is my girlfriend's color!) but thinks it might be a garnet, maybe ruby or even just glass- he's not a gem guy, but it's all good at that point! :) my first gold ring! double nice! sorry for the low res camera phone pics. I'll have to get my camera out and take a few real pics when I get some time. :laughing9:

I just added new pics all! Thanks for checking them out! :)

Attachments

• 035.JPG
    035.JPG
    86.7 KB · Views: 335
  • 032.JPG
    032.JPG
    68.1 KB · Views: 325
  • 033.JPG
    033.JPG
    79.7 KB · Views: 335
Upvote 0

search and recovery

May 6, 2011
Halifax, N.C.
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal II, Whites Surfmaster Dual Field, Fisher CZ 6a,Teknetics G2,Deeptech Vista Gold, Tosoro Sand Shark, Minelab Sovereign GT, Sunspot sand scoop
Re: Tuesday silver and gold! first ring and silver since I've started!!!

Really great finds! :icon_thumright:. But you don't sound very excited by it. Enjoy the good days when they come, and this, my friend, is a really good day!

windage

Apr 3, 2011
Mason-Dixon Line
Detector(s) used
eyes, ears, wet finger in the wind and old willow sticks, when that don't work; Minelabs
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Great ring and silver....good day!

Wldbil

Bronze Member
May 10, 2010
Claremore OK
Detector(s) used
White's XLT/ Garrett AT Pro/ Ace 250

Congrats on a couple of nice finds... :icon_thumright:

desert dog

Oct 27, 2009
kingman az
Detector(s) used
new coinmaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

nice way to go

Attachments

• 4_17_209.gif
    4_17_209.gif
    10.9 KB · Views: 464
  • msn-emoticon-thums-up-059.gif
    msn-emoticon-thums-up-059.gif
    40.9 KB · Views: 460
  • 4_17_209.gif
    4_17_209.gif
    10.9 KB · Views: 462
  • msn-emoticon-thums-up-059.gif
    msn-emoticon-thums-up-059.gif
    40.9 KB · Views: 469

TerryEastTexas

Oct 26, 2004
Palestine. Tx.
Detector(s) used
Nokta Simplex+, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV.
Primary Interest:
Other

Nice finds. Good going.

Briz06

Jan 1, 2011
Phoenixville, PA
Detector(s) used
White's V3X, Garrett Ace 350
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Re: Tuesday silver and gold! first ring and silver since I've started!!! NEW PICS!!!

Very Nice RIng... Great Color! :notworthy:

Chug And Red

Gold Member
Feb 18, 2010
Vancouver WA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Chug)Whites Classic 5 ID, (Red Whites Coin master Pro)

Chug and Reds New Additions

Give It Up>> Garrett's AT Pro
Buttercup>> Garrett's Ace 250
Show Me the Money>> Garrets Ace 400
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Re: Tuesday silver and gold! first ring and silver since I've started!!! NEW PICS!!!

:icon_thumleft: Absolutely gorgeous ring, looks like it may be pink saphire, the color is amazing. And congrats on the dime, I'd keep it too!!!!!! :icon_thumright: Red :hello2: :headbang:

testing123

Bronze Member
Mar 29, 2009
United States
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030, TDI SL

WOO HOO. Congrats on the gold! Any gold, whether new or old is one of the greatest sights in a hole.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread