AT PRO River Finds

Pull_tab_mike

Nov 20, 2009
Indiana
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Tesoro Cibola, Garrett Pro-Pointer, Whites CoinMaster
Hi All, picked up that new AT PRO by Garrett.. It's really well on land, water will that's another topic. I have not yet mastered the water part yet, if there is any AT PRO users out there reading this I could use some help. I got those really good signals like we get on land for coins/rings but in the water junk.... (eye candy) I did find some river glass and one geode about the size of a lemon, and then something that looks man made or natural....

HH

PTM

Attachments

• 676A0949.JPG
    676A0949.JPG
    148.5 KB · Views: 1,158
  • 676A0950.JPG
    676A0950.JPG
    124.4 KB · Views: 1,175
  • 676A0951.JPG
    676A0951.JPG
    130.6 KB · Views: 1,154
  • 676A0952.JPG
    676A0952.JPG
    143.5 KB · Views: 1,172
  • 676A0953.JPG
    676A0953.JPG
    137.1 KB · Views: 1,170
Upvote 0
OP
OP
Pull_tab_mike

Pull_tab_mike

Nov 20, 2009
Indiana
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Tesoro Cibola, Garrett Pro-Pointer, Whites CoinMaster
>:( >:( >:( >:( 125 lookers and no advice or WOW nice crapy finds,,, I wounder why I post on here, I get better results from Facebook...................................... >:( >:( >:( >:(

Briz06

Jan 1, 2011
Phoenixville, PA
Detector(s) used
White's V3X, Garrett Ace 350
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have the 350 Pro... havent used it in water yet so I cant give you any advice in that area...

At least ya got out to do some hunting, its been raining for like a week where Im from... Im sure someone will help ya tweak and get ya setup for hunting in the drink

EagleDown

Bronze Member
May 13, 2010
California
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, Whites TDI
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Pull_tab_mike said:
>:( >:( >:( >:( 125 lookers and no advice or WOW nice crapy finds,,, I wounder why I post on here, I get better results from Facebook...................................... >:( >:( >:( >:(

Well, let me think about this.............. It's Saturday, check. On the West coast it's 4:50pm, check. I just got in and read and viewed your post, check. Oh yeah, it's also somewhat of a holiday week-end. (Armed Forces Day tomorrow.)

O.K. now that I got that figured out, I guess it boils down to; a lot of members are still out detecting, and since you asked a specific question, someone experienced in the Garrett AT Pro probably hasn't read your post yet.

The first time I posted in "Todays Finds", it was a holiday week-end and I got pretty much the same response, but I waited and the next day, Whoa Nellie!! Everyone let me know that my great find was in reality, a counterfeit coin. I was kinda wishing that they hadn't responded. :laughing7: :laughing7: Sure popped my little bubble. :'(

Just have a little patience my friend, someone will surely get back to you. By the way, good job of saving trash. Makes things a little cleaner out there. (I know nothing about the AT Pro.)

Eagle

timekiller

Silver Member
Feb 10, 2009
Morehead City / Newport NC
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Pull_tab_mike said:
Hold on there Hause,
Replies can be a funny thing on here.Trust me I've seen my stuff go through with all kind of lookers but no replies either.Maybe it's a buddy things going on behind close doors (PM's) :laughing7: or just not interesting to some.But that's life can't make everybody happy.But with the quote above most likely not going to get better for ya!I just sit back in my own world and laugh it off. :laughing7:
Now for the Garrett question.I had a GTI 1500 so don't know nothing about yours really.But I can tell you about mine as best I can remember.And why I got rid of it.It just couldn't take the water deal & that's where I hunt.It did not like the water as it would go crazy and have you digging for things that were'nt there.Did not realize that about it when I got it. But is was no good to me for the water hunting.Up on dry beach done fine most of the time.But as soon as you started working down close to the waters edge off the wall it went.And even though I made lots of finds with it still.I now see since I've got the explorer se just how hard I was working myself to death for those finds.As my hit to recovery ratio is not even close to the same ball park.Get a hit now it's not wonder if something is there it's what will it be. :wink: But that goes back to picking a machine that fits you for what you intend to do with it.
Anyway best to Ya,
Lifes short to be worked up over things like that.
Take Care,
Pete, :hello:

TURNMASTER

Oct 13, 2009
Spokane WA
Detector(s) used
X-terra 705, Explorer SE, & At Pro
Is the rock that looks like Quartz, Quartz? And If so why is it sounding off, Gold?

I will not be much help I do not have but about 20 hours on land on mine. But, I expect to dig pulltabs, new and old, That's where the Gold is.
I hope I do better with mine in the water.
Oh yeah, people probably want to see if that new machine lives up to the hype.
GL
Jeff

timekiller

Silver Member
Feb 10, 2009
Morehead City / Newport NC
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's another good point too.As we here on the coast of N.C. have no rocks to deal with I know for a fact that certian types of rocks will make a machine sound off.Because we do have ballast stones from old sailing ships around and anytime I would get around a field of them they would make the Gti sound off on certain ones.So if your hunting river beds full of all kinds of rocks it's a good chance they could be messing you up some.

Lakemonster

Mar 20, 2011
Chandler Tx
Detector(s) used
White's VX3, Garrett AT PRO, Tesoro Cibola
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Old drink can tops like that run in the 80's like dimes and quarters. Running in pro mode helps a bit...hearing the target vs. The bell tone. Unfortunately, rivers tend to be loaded with aluminum, especially when the river is good for fishing.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Pull_tab_mike said:

Mike,

You forget we get hundreds of vistors a day, unless they register as members they can not post, only read, so having a 125 views does't mean 125 registered members read your thread, you also posted in "todays finds" where a lot of vistors go, then the TN members that did read it may know nothing about the AT PRO and or nothing about water hunting....

It sounds to me like you just need more practice pinpointing in the water.....What size scoop are you using...?

curbdiggercarl57

Silver Member
Nov 19, 2007
Largo, Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites Silver Eagle, DFX, Shadow X-2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
WOW, nice crappy finds!
I didn't post at first because I thought that it would jinx me,
then I realized that I'd be digging the same stuff tomorrow, and the next day,
either way.
Carl

(Would Banner help?)

J-dude

Sep 14, 2010
Greenacres WA
I have had my AT Pro for a few weeks now and have taken it into the water a few times. I noticed that some of the fishing weights rang up really well....at first I was frustrated but then I dug a silver ring! Just be patient and take the time to learn the machine!!! Hope this helps and happy hunting!!! John_Edmonton is a great person to run this by....I believe he can be found in the "brands" forum under "Garrett".

pakeha63

Nov 13, 2008
Stockton CA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE, Tesoro Lobo ST
Don't have any experiance with an AT Pro, but it seems like you are getting targets. Keep swinging, and you'll be rewarded. HH.

TN_MD

Jan 6, 2011
Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV , Bounty Hunter Pioneer 101 , Radio Shack 2v6 ,Cen-Tech Pin Pointer MD , And a Homebuilt M.D.
:hello: WOW nice crapy finds :thumbsup:

:laughing7: :laughing7: :laughing7:

Minrelica

Bronze Member
Mar 24, 2010
Minnesota
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab EQ 800, Minelab SE PRO, Minelab X-Terra Pro & 14 other machines
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Pull_tab_mike said:
Hi All, picked up that new AT PRO by Garrett.. It's really well on land, water will that's another topic. I have not yet mastered the water part yet, if there is any AT PRO users out there reading this I could use some help. I got those really good signals like we get on land for coins/rings but in the water junk....
HH

PTM

I will be getting the AT PRO in a few weeks and I plan on taking it into water so I'm watching your thread with hopes that I'll learn something. :thumbsup:

dfx willy

Bronze Member
Nov 7, 2008
boo hoo! poor me! nobody likes my post. cheer up bud and get out there and find some more stuff :icon_sunny: willy

leslie(nova scotia)

Silver Member
Sep 22, 2006
lower sackville,nova scotia
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garretts only
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
yo P

From the land of the Bluenose.....well me bouy when you find the correct settings send em me way.....in the same boat but haven't taken my new AT Pro International swimming yet. Gud luck and great photos of not so great finds.......dig and they will come! take care youz!

steelheadwill

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2010
New Castle NH.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Brain eyes ears and nose
Primary Interest:
Other
Nice story. interesting rocks.
When I shallow water hunt, I just bring shovelfuls of sand to shore
til I got the target.
Not the most efficient method, but it works for me ;D
not familiar with the AT :dontknow:

High Plains Digger

Bronze Member
Feb 1, 2008
As viewer 857, I would like to say "crappy finds" and Happy New Year. Just wanted to end with a plesant thought. At least the steel pull tops from aluminum cans puts a date on where you are hunting. Good archaeology. But still crappy finds. But then, I haven't even been out since the middle of April. No finds are the crappiest.

MUD(S.W.A.T)

Gold Member
Apr 15, 2005
Detector(s) used
I use, Whites MXT and Garrett AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Remember your coil has to go over it to find something good. :icon_thumleft: A random spot on a river is not necessarily a good place to hunt. :dontknow: You have to find yourself a nice active swimming hole from before 1964 and.... :help: Gold and silver are kinda heavy and rings and coins will act much like natural gold and silver. :headbang: Moving through swift shallow water and settling in the deep poles or getting stuck behind big rocks... :icon_thumright: I hope this helps, better luck next time ! :hello2:

Keep @ it and HH !! ;D :D

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread