AT PRO River Finds

Pull_tab_mike

Nov 20, 2009
Indiana
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Tesoro Cibola, Garrett Pro-Pointer, Whites CoinMaster
Hi All, picked up that new AT PRO by Garrett.. It's really well on land, water will that's another topic. I have not yet mastered the water part yet, if there is any AT PRO users out there reading this I could use some help. I got those really good signals like we get on land for coins/rings but in the water junk.... (eye candy) I did find some river glass and one geode about the size of a lemon, and then something that looks man made or natural....

HH

PTM

Attachments

• 676A0949.JPG
    676A0949.JPG
    148.5 KB · Views: 1,158
  • 676A0950.JPG
    676A0950.JPG
    124.4 KB · Views: 1,175
  • 676A0951.JPG
    676A0951.JPG
    130.6 KB · Views: 1,154
  • 676A0952.JPG
    676A0952.JPG
    143.5 KB · Views: 1,172
  • 676A0953.JPG
    676A0953.JPG
    137.1 KB · Views: 1,170
Upvote 0

Baldingboy

Bronze Member
May 17, 2007
Southeast Missouri
Detector(s) used
Minelab SE Professional with 6" Coil
Reminds me of finds I have made at our nearby Lake. You never know when one of those soda can tops is gonna be a silver dollar. I too pick up that glass that washes up. Its cool looking. Not a bad day bud.

Baldingboy

spitfire55

Bronze Member
Sep 17, 2008
Fresno, CA.
Detector(s) used
(Whites) MXT, MXT PRO, SURF PRO/PI and COINMASTER 5500/D, (Fisher) GOLDBUG. AT PRO(Garrett), CTX 3030(Mine Lab).
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

UTcoinshootR

Mar 5, 2008
UT!
Detector(s) used
Ace 250, DFX300
crappy finds dude! haha You opened the door, I just walked through it. Better luck next time

mfitzy111

Mar 6, 2011
NEPA
Detector(s) used
garrett ACE350 (traded off!), minelab E-TRAC, AT-Pro
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
don't beat yourself up about finding junk, it's probably a location problem, new machine frustration :-\ .... try some place where more people swam...and really cheer up man. your still finding stuff, so your machine isn't the issue...just not the stuff you want... it's a law of averages thing. pull some junk out, 1-100....my next detector I want to water bug too- or I might just spring for a minelab explorer and keep on dry land until I make back enough of my finds to buy a good water detector.. change your location to some place with sand that hasn't been used in a lot of years. and good luck man..I know this past friday I pulled so many pull tabs I was wondering where the soda machine is around the reservoir, I topped out at finding a nice men's Italian 925 silver bracelet (pics later). and a bag full of rusted junk cans like yours...expect to dig a lot of trash until you figure out what your detector is telling you- my ace 350 tells me if I sweep from one direction and get a nickel, then next direction get a pull tab, it's likely a pulltab- to can slaw ringing at 5 cents...or a gold ring. :tongue3:

I know a place on the local lake that the boats stop at along with the jet skis- once I get a water detector I plan on hitting that spot (but I also know I lost tons of hooks/sinkers there fishing, so I would also bet I'm going to find plenty of trash there...just part of the gig- :dontknow:) don't give up- just slow down and know that if you don't quit good things are coming your way.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread