Walking the cornfields and creeks back home.

ridge_runner

Jan 15, 2006
Fort LeonardWood, Missouri
Detector(s) used
DFX, XLT
Hey folks,

This is only my second post. I'm here in Missouri not far from JD and a few others. I have only met JD and hunted with him a few times. He's a pleasure to hunt with and really knows what he's doing. I have signed up for the upcoming hunt and can't wait to meet ya'll. I think it's going to be a great hunt. Kudos to JD and all who is making it happen.
I have yet to do alot of hunting here in Missouri due to my work schedule and the need to recoop on the weekends. JD also lives a good distance away from me so it's tough to meet up sometimes. Not to mention all the hunting partners JD has. Lord, I couldn't keep up with them all. ha! He's really the only hunting partner I've met up with since I've been here. I'm sure after the October hunt that will change.
I can't wait to start posting some good finds. I've researched this area pretty well (Waynesville, St. Roberts, Fort LeonardWood) and there's tons of history here. Lot's of areas with Indian artifacts too. I'm going to post my first picture today. It's of a few arrowheads that I found last week back home in Tennessee, I had to take some leave and go home to support my father during his open heart surgery. They are not the finest specimens but I thought I show them off anyway. I've found much better pieces but these are the most recent. I'm from Athens, Tn and the native Americans were pretty established in that area. Athens is in the foothills of the Smokeys and it's a beautiful area. I frequent the same fields and creeks and never come away empty handed.
Outside of relics and coins I love Indian artifacts so if any of you folks near me ever need accompanyment on hunts just let me know. I'd be proud to be your newest hunting partner.......
Well, here's my pic. Enjoy. As I said, I look forward to meeting you all and can't wait to be a poster of wonderful finds in the future.

HH,

rockscott00

Attachments

• arrowheads.jpg
    arrowheads.jpg
    14 KB · Views: 404
Upvote 0

Boobydoo

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2006
Michigan
Hi Scott
Welcome to the forum, great to have you here.
If you know and hunt with JD,
you're a lucky man, he's a pro and personally,
one of my treasure hunting idols.
Wish I was going to the big hunt, but can't get there, bummer.

Nice points here. Looking froward to seeing much more from you!

Smiles!
BDoo

OP
OP
ridge_runner

ridge_runner

Jan 15, 2006
Fort LeonardWood, Missouri
Detector(s) used
DFX, XLT
Thanks for the reply. I surely appreciate it. I look forward to becoming a posting member of the forum. Guess I'd better get out there and start hunting. I'm actually thinking of braving the 90's degree weather today.
Thanks for the warm welcome BDoo...

V/R,

rockscott00

oberkill

Aug 12, 2005
Looking good on the points! Glad to hear your back in state, if the ground by you is even half as hard as it is here save yourself for when it cools down! lol Hopefully I can get down your way in the next month or so. I have a spot to try out, its an abandoned softball field I am not sure on the age but the school near by is from the 50's.

Alan

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread