Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The demolition site again. Found a key fob and a few marbles for a couple hours work just after daylight this morning. It got hot early and forecast to be over a hundred today.
The marbles are nothing extraordinary, but the key fob is a keeper. It is solid brass and made by the K-W Ignition Company, Cleveland Ohio. I googled K-w and it came back with information that they manufactured ignitions systems for the Model-T Ford. The first ignition keys were made of solid brass from 1913 until 19 16. I'm thinking this will help date the key fob. The face of the fob is shaped to resemble the old coil or magneto on the Model-T Ford and it being solid brass......just maybe it came with the ignition key? Well, I'm thinking it did so it might not be worth much but it is a part of history that put most of America on wheels and started the decline of horse drawn vehicles. Monty

Attachments

• Resize of DSC00598.JPG
    Resize of DSC00598.JPG
    37.2 KB · Views: 360
  • Resize of DSC00599.JPG
    Resize of DSC00599.JPG
    38.3 KB · Views: 352
  • Resize of DSC00600.JPG
    Resize of DSC00600.JPG
    28.3 KB · Views: 354
Upvote 0

diggerodell

Jul 3, 2006
Kansas
Detector(s) used
Tracker IV
Hello Monty: That Ignition Key Fob is an excellent find. It's a find that is a good example of what keeps folks metal detecting. You wouldn't sell that if it was worth a lot, I'd bet. But any technology museum, such as Pioneer Village in Mendon, Nebraska, would drool over that bit of automotive history, not to mention any Model T restorer. It will probably stay in your collection, however, and should. ;)

Burdie

Gold Member
Nov 13, 2005
South Central Kansas
Detector(s) used
Etrac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You bet Monty I look forward to that kind of find. It is our connection to our past. It looks to be in good shape. Good luck on your next hunt. Burdie

Boobydoo

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2006
Michigan
Monty!!
Awesome find there. That's a real piece of histroy and it seems to be in excellent shape...bonus! Congrats!

Smiles!
BDoo

groundfisher

Mar 27, 2005
Merrill,Wi.
Whatever you do Monty don't drop it in the mailbox...Unless of course your sending it to me. Congrats on a great find! Best of luck to you at the demo site. HH!

OP
OP
Monty

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't know if that's what everyone call it but a key fob to me is something substantial that you hook your keys to so they don't get lost, or are easy to identify by feel. Often has advertising for a car dealer or something like that. But obviously this one got lost! Wish I would have found the key that goes with it! Monty

SHERMANVILLE ILLINOIS

Gold Member
May 22, 2005
Primary Interest:
Other
Monty,

looks like all the hunting you have been
doing at that site is starting to pay off.

Very nice artifact.

Is a bit of history, nice find.

Watch that heat.

have a good un...........

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions