rare British 3rd regiment of foot belt plate
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    us
    Jun 2011
    2 times

rare British 3rd regiment of foot belt plate

A nice British 3rd Regiment of Foot belt plate I found
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0927 resized.jpg 
Views:	1243 
Size:	336.4 KB 
ID:	541140  

umrgolf

Re: rare British 3rd regiment of foot belt plate

That is one beautiful relic.. probably from the SC lowcountry, right? Thanks for sharing

us
    Apr 2009
    Central New York
    XP Deus
    801 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Banner Finds (5)
    Honorable Mentions (1)

Another amazing find HH

Mar 2008
    upstate ny
    se pro
    15 times
    dirty pennies
    Banner Finds (1)

sweet piece.
    would love to hear the story of it's recovery.
    dirty pennies...

Mar 2008
    snow hill, MD
    Fisher F70
    1099 times
    Banner Finds (1)

What a great find!

Charter Member
    us
    Jul 2006
    Pennsylvania
    XP Deus Minelab Equinox 800 GPX 4500
    839 times
    Banner Finds (1)

No offense but that is the second "rare" relic you posted. How come you never come back and answer any questions that people have Makes me think .........

Stand up for what's right, even if your standing alone.

"Politics is the entertainment division of the military industrial complex."
    Frank Zappa

umrgolf

Quote Originally Posted by baspinall
    No offense but that is the second "rare" relic you posted. How come you never come back and answer any questions that people have Makes me think .........

What does it make you think? He's been registered for 2 days. He is just posting his stuff in the wrong forum. This is dug, not today, but dug. The only thing you should be thinking is that the guy is new.

us
    Ace250man

Jul 2004
    Shelbyville or any yard where the owner will let me detect!
    ace 250
    185 times
    Metal Detecting
    Banner Finds (1)

you are burning the goodies up !!!
    ALLEN

Have we scared you away? Come back

I would like to see more, just add a few more details, its how we all learn. I for one have never seen this type & I live in the UK (although most UK military stuff by its nature ends up in foreign countries)
    TOO BUSY TO DETECT,YOU'RE TOO BUSY!!!

'Time isn't money it's finds, unless your finds are money' 08/12/17
    'No good comes from thinking about how much time we waste detecting, as wasted time is good soul time' 25/06/08
    A real man thinks about detecting every 6 seconds.
    'They look over their shoulder, I look to the ground' 30/09/12
    We can not understand ourselves unless we understand our HISTORY.
    I open my prezzies out of lumps of mud. 02/10/19
    PMA:Positive MetalDetecting Attitude.
    ONE LIFE - DETECT IT

Fantastic find can you share more of the story, of how you found it

SS
    Don't piss down my back, then tell me it's raining.

us
    Jun 2011
    2 times

LOL...Makes me think he says....lol...I'd say stop thinking lol....anyway, here's my story. I dig everyday. I dont have a lot of time to always post and I never really was a computer fan...I'm soooo old! I have been supporting myself like this for a long time. I dig MUCH stuff. Some one of a kind pieces. I auctioned a rare Huckster slave tag for $26,650...at Bowers and Merenas auction...highest price ever paid for a single slave tag. Then I auctioned 13 of em at James Julias auction for $188,000..all a matter of public record...so no bulls--t. I am finding soooo many coins...colonials...some Roman(really), ALL the large pennies(yes, the chain cents...3 cent pieces, 1/2 dimes and on and on. Rare one of a kind Confederate belt buckles and buttons. Bottles...many $10,000 a piece. You name it, it has been lost in the ground, and I dig it. Now some of the biggest collectors in the country can confirm what I'm writing. And unless I miss my guest, I think "New Jersey Don" may be one of them and answering questions on this forum.... Some of my stuff gets posted on Kellyco's site as they give me free equipment in exchange...just ask ol JW over there. Anyway, no brag, just fact. I will be posting some neat stuff on here from time to time depending on the response as I dont want to waste my time if nobodys interested...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	jeff with mallets.jpg 
Views:	674 
Size:	49.0 KB 
ID:	542413  

umrgolf

Quote Originally Posted by arelichunter
    LOL...Makes me think he says....lol...I'd say stop thinking lol....anyway, here's my story. I dig everyday. I dont have a lot of time to always post and I never really was a computer fan...I'm soooo old! I have been supporting myself like this for a long time. I dig MUCH stuff. Some one of a kind pieces. I auctioned a rare Huckster slave tag for $26,650...at Bowers and Merenas auction...highest price ever paid for a single slave tag. Then I auctioned 13 of em at James Julias auction for $188,000..all a matter of public record...so no bulls--t. I am finding soooo many coins...colonials...some Roman(really), ALL the large pennies(yes, the chain cents...3 cent pieces, 1/2 dimes and on and on. Rare one of a kind Confederate belt buckles and buttons. Bottles...many $10,000 a piece. You name it, it has been lost in the ground, and I dig it. Now some of the biggest collectors in the country can confirm what I'm writing. And unless I miss my guest, I think "New Jersey Don" may be one of them and answering questions on this forum.... Some of my stuff gets posted on Kellyco's site as they give me free equipment in exchange...just ask ol JW over there. Anyway, no brag, just fact. I will be posting some neat stuff on here from time to time depending on the response as I dont want to waste my time if nobodys interested...
    We are very interested to see the stuff. That's what the majority of us are here to see anyway (the rare top-notch finds) The only thing that caused an issue was that people were under the assumption you were claiming they were dug "today" Like I figured, they're finds from the past and I would suggest posting them in My Best Finds. Don't worry about who believes you or who doesn't, there will always be skeptics.

us
    RickIowa2009

Mar 2009
    Cedar Rapids Iowa
    GTP1350 Garrett, Xterra 705 gold pack and ace250!
    5 times

Cool find

pr
    Oct 2008
    Vega Baja
    8 times

Keep posting ! I am so glad you came back. I had a few doubts lol . I for one want to see all that you will post and if you can please add a short story. again Please keep posting !

us
    Nov 2007
    SW Florida
    Bounty Hunter 202
    8 times

Keep the posts and pictures coming

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links