33 Old Coins Last Week. 12 Before And After Pics. Too much to list. Take A Look.

JerV3

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2005
Three Rivers
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac ,Xp Deus, Ctx 3030, Vanquish 440 X 2, Equinox 600, Equinox 800
Hi everyone,

Had a very good haul over the last 3 or 4 trips. This is about 10 hrs or so in the field.

It started last Tuesday. Me and my boy went out for a few hrs in the evening.

It was slow and at the end of the hunt I picked up a 28 merc. I was just about to leave and I got stung by a bee again.

4 times in a month. All in the same spot. On my ankle. I had to start wearing pants again.

I've been having bad reactions to them also from getting stung to much I guess. Whole leg and ankle would swell for 3 days.

After that healed up a little bit. I went out Friday Saturday And Sunday.

Friday night me and Lance headed to a old park I like to hunt. That night I got a 1893 0 rare date barber dime. I also got a 1919 S merc a 1916 buffalo and a 1903 Indian.

I was happy with that in a few hrs of hunting. My brother pulled only one coin but it was a good one. A 1863 fatty Indian.

Saturday, we decided to go hit another large set of woods I know of behind some turn of the century homes and older.

My Dad, met us there also. We hunted hard and I did well again. My Dad and Lance couldn't find anything. Lance found one Wheaties.

I got 6 wheat's a 1901 Indian a 36 merc and a token dated 1915. It was to vote for john Moore. A politician convention must have been going on. It says Primaries sept 21 1915.

I also found a nice eagle button. It has the shank attached and was made by the waterbury button co.

It was another good few hrs or so. I also got the independence day July 4 fob or tag.

Sunday, we decided to head back to the same area. But instead we went across the street to the other side of the neighborhood.

There's alot more trash over there. Things were some what slow. I got 2 wheat's almost right away.

Then on a wash off I found a awesome button with a old car and a man and women driving in it. It's not marked but I know it's old.

It got slow for awhile then I hit a 52 Roosevelt after awhile on a path.

I picked up 6 marbles in the area also. I found a little I mean little flag with a 3 letter initialing on it. Probably for a high school or something. It is back marked sterling though. The stick is missing from the bottom.

I also found what appears to be 2 pieces of silver. Don't know what they went to though. I found a really neat Dresser draw handle I think. It has a bunch of things written on it.

Then after a long 3 hr hunt about to pack it up. I hit a wheat at the base of a large tree. Then for the next 20 minutes or so I found 13 more and 2 nickles from the 40's.

A little Minny cache with no silver.

Overall I happy with the results. I know the area has more finds to offer. It's just a matter of finding the time to go get it.

I hope you all like the picks and story. The picks aren't as good as I would have like to gotten them. The lighting wasn't right so I get shadowing.

It's the best I can do for right now. If you got any questions or can tell me more about anything you see it would be appreciated.

HH Jeremy

Attachments

• stung but got a merc.jpg
    stung but got a merc.jpg
    12.6 KB · Views: 943
  • 19 old coins today dirty.jpg
    19 old coins today dirty.jpg
    32 KB · Views: 897
  • 11 keepers today cleaned.jpg
    11 keepers today cleaned.jpg
    36.7 KB · Views: 909
  • 11 keepers today.jpg
    11 keepers today.jpg
    29.1 KB · Views: 922
  • 19 old coins today cleaned.jpg
    19 old coins today cleaned.jpg
    28.7 KB · Views: 943
  • stung but got a merc cleaned.jpg
    stung but got a merc cleaned.jpg
    21.3 KB · Views: 933
Upvote 0
OP
OP
JerV3

JerV3

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2005
Three Rivers
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Here is the rare barber dime. I left it dirty.

HH Jer

Attachments

• rare barber cleaned.jpg
    rare barber cleaned.jpg
    17.6 KB · Views: 925
  • indian buffalo and 2 silvers dirty.jpg
    indian buffalo and 2 silvers dirty.jpg
    17.3 KB · Views: 914
OP
OP
JerV3

JerV3

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2005
Three Rivers
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Here are all the relics.

HH Jer

Attachments

• august bulk relics 2.jpg
    august bulk relics 2.jpg
    24.8 KB · Views: 913
  • august bulk relics 1.jpg
    august bulk relics 1.jpg
    18.5 KB · Views: 914
  • august bulk relics.jpg
    august bulk relics.jpg
    20.4 KB · Views: 923
  • august bulk relics 3.jpg
    august bulk relics 3.jpg
    29.8 KB · Views: 912

kenb

Bronze Member
Dec 3, 2004
Long Island New York
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
Holy crap Jeremy what a haul!!! thats a great spot your working. Good luck on future hunts there. Sucks about the bee's. HH

kenb

stud564

Jun 7, 2006
algona, iowa
Re: 33 Old Coins Last Week. 12 Before And After Pics. Too much to list. Take A L

how did you clean those coins. that merc looks awesome

birdman

Gold Member
Jan 28, 2005
Choctaw Beach Florida
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 and ORX, tesoro Cibola with garret,whites and minelab pinpointers
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow,you are a digging machine. Super nice coins!! :o

Boobydoo

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2006
Michigan
Way to hunt and find Jeremy! Congrats big time friend!
The photos are awesome too, no complaints here, good job!
I hope your luck keeps going.
How much is the 1893 Merc worth do you think? That's a great find!

Smiles!
BDoo

OP
OP
JerV3

JerV3

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2005
Three Rivers
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Thanks alot for all the nice replies guys.

I clean my coins with a product called mothers mag and aluminum polish. I'm gonna have to leave a good thread in the cleaning section.

Alot of folks wanna know how to do it. I'll get to that soon. If you need help give me a pm I'll tell you more on how to do it.

I dig it all guys so I don't miss anything.

Booby, The 1893 barber is worth atleast 26.00 I would think. O6 red book list it at 26.00 in just good grade.

It was worn down and I didn't want to clean it. Even though I could get it to look alot better.

Don't want to ruin the value like most coin collectors say. It's hard because I love to clean coins and relics.

It was a 1.7 million minted coin. I say rare because it is somewhat and most coins are only common and worth a few dollars.

HH Jer

M

mchamby

wow, I guess you did some digging, very nice finds, hope you can get back to the same area. The bees must like your after shave. ;D Maybe you should change that or your soap so you smell different.
HH
Mchamby

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Beautiful finds Jeremy! 8)

;)

CRDigger

Greenie
Aug 11, 2006
Upstate, New York
Nice Finds! That button there looks like one I found in front of an old 1800's house. It is a World War I officers coat button I think, if it's one like mine. Happy Hunting!

Bavaria Mike

Gold Member
Feb 7, 2005
Bavaria Germany
Detector(s) used
Minelab XT70, Fisher 1280, Garrett Ace 250 and MH5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: 33 Old Coins Last Week. 12 Before And After Pics. Too much to list. Take A L

Awesome finds Jer, thanks for the pics! HH, Mike

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread