33 Old Coins Last Week. 12 Before And After Pics. Too much to list. Take A Look.

JerV3

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2005
Three Rivers
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac ,Xp Deus, Ctx 3030, Vanquish 440 X 2, Equinox 600, Equinox 800
Hi everyone,

Had a very good haul over the last 3 or 4 trips. This is about 10 hrs or so in the field.

It started last Tuesday. Me and my boy went out for a few hrs in the evening.

It was slow and at the end of the hunt I picked up a 28 merc. I was just about to leave and I got stung by a bee again.

4 times in a month. All in the same spot. On my ankle. I had to start wearing pants again.

I've been having bad reactions to them also from getting stung to much I guess. Whole leg and ankle would swell for 3 days.

After that healed up a little bit. I went out Friday Saturday And Sunday.

Friday night me and Lance headed to a old park I like to hunt. That night I got a 1893 0 rare date barber dime. I also got a 1919 S merc a 1916 buffalo and a 1903 Indian.

I was happy with that in a few hrs of hunting. My brother pulled only one coin but it was a good one. A 1863 fatty Indian.

Saturday, we decided to go hit another large set of woods I know of behind some turn of the century homes and older.

My Dad, met us there also. We hunted hard and I did well again. My Dad and Lance couldn't find anything. Lance found one Wheaties.

I got 6 wheat's a 1901 Indian a 36 merc and a token dated 1915. It was to vote for john Moore. A politician convention must have been going on. It says Primaries sept 21 1915.

I also found a nice eagle button. It has the shank attached and was made by the waterbury button co.

It was another good few hrs or so. I also got the independence day July 4 fob or tag.

Sunday, we decided to head back to the same area. But instead we went across the street to the other side of the neighborhood.

There's alot more trash over there. Things were some what slow. I got 2 wheat's almost right away.

Then on a wash off I found a awesome button with a old car and a man and women driving in it. It's not marked but I know it's old.

It got slow for awhile then I hit a 52 Roosevelt after awhile on a path.

I picked up 6 marbles in the area also. I found a little I mean little flag with a 3 letter initialing on it. Probably for a high school or something. It is back marked sterling though. The stick is missing from the bottom.

I also found what appears to be 2 pieces of silver. Don't know what they went to though. I found a really neat Dresser draw handle I think. It has a bunch of things written on it.

Then after a long 3 hr hunt about to pack it up. I hit a wheat at the base of a large tree. Then for the next 20 minutes or so I found 13 more and 2 nickles from the 40's.

A little Minny cache with no silver.

Overall I happy with the results. I know the area has more finds to offer. It's just a matter of finding the time to go get it.

I hope you all like the picks and story. The picks aren't as good as I would have like to gotten them. The lighting wasn't right so I get shadowing.

It's the best I can do for right now. If you got any questions or can tell me more about anything you see it would be appreciated.

HH Jeremy

Attachments

• stung but got a merc.jpg
    stung but got a merc.jpg
    12.6 KB · Views: 944
  • stung but got a merc cleaned.jpg
    stung but got a merc cleaned.jpg
    21.3 KB · Views: 934
  • 19 old coins today cleaned.jpg
    19 old coins today cleaned.jpg
    28.7 KB · Views: 944
  • 11 keepers today.jpg
    11 keepers today.jpg
    29.1 KB · Views: 923
  • 11 keepers today cleaned.jpg
    11 keepers today cleaned.jpg
    36.7 KB · Views: 910
  • 19 old coins today dirty.jpg
    19 old coins today dirty.jpg
    32 KB · Views: 898
Upvote 0
OP
OP
JerV3

JerV3

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2005
Three Rivers
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Thanks everyone,

Your right mchamby. I always have colonge or deodorant on also. It must trigger them more.

Ceejay, I do a peroxide bath on all non silver coins. 20 Seconds in the microwave then let coins sit for a little while.

Depends how bad your coins get you may have to soak them a few times. Then scrap them with a tooth pick gently.

Get most or all dirt off. Then rince let dry. Put mothers on it and buff out on a soft towel until you like what you see.

You can also put mothers on the coin and use the tooth pick to get in the creases and polish and loosen the dirt more.

After all done rince with soap water and scrub with a tooth brush.

Let dry and then soak in olive oil for awhile. Extra virgin. They will look great. Leave them in for a few weeks.

With silver just rince the dirt off. Let it dry. Put mothers on with your finger tips and it will instantly turn black. Buff on a soft towel. Repeat if coin is really bad.

This stuff works great.

HH Jer

OP
OP
JerV3

JerV3

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2005
Three Rivers
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Thanks guys I will.

I will be away from the forum for 10 days or so here. I'm going to Sc to do some beach hunting for a week.

I hope to find some jewlry. I'll be gone from 18 to 27. When I get back I'll post the findings.

The area looks good to hunt. It's a private beach on the pacific that goes for miles.

I've been thinking about setting up my own web site maybe when I come back.

I've been uploading some photos on a web site. It's only a small portion of what I have. But it takes time to get hundreds of photos up.

I got about 60 or 70 up. If you want to view them click this link. I just started this like 2 weeks ago to see how it is.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/42545309@N00/

Thanks again

HH Jer

Mirage

Silver Member
Sep 16, 2005
Cleveland, OH
Re: 33 Old Coins Last Week. 12 Before And After Pics. Too much to list. Take A L

Doesn't take you long to accumulate a hoard - three days. :D A lot of great stuff. Any idea as to the aprox date of that July 4 Fob? Those kind of things are neat.

When you say dig everything - pull tabs in parks carpeted by them? I do agree with that philosophy. Just harder to implement. ;D

I have been toying with the idea of my own web site for Nate and I. Maybe a winter project. Have fun at the beach!

Bob

SHERMANVILLE ILLINOIS

Gold Member
May 22, 2005
Primary Interest:
Other
J,

reall nice.

Know that,

"Whole leg and ankle would swell for 3 days",

would keep you from finding some nice stuff.

have a good un............

OP
OP
JerV3

JerV3

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2005
Three Rivers
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Thanks guys,

The fob was the first thing I turned up that day while hunting. I love to find those items.

I don't know how old it is Mirage. I'm gonna take a guess and say between 1900 and 1920.

Most coins I found in the area were from the late 1800's and early 1900's.

It read a sold 31 on the dfx. I was thinking a tab because it was only 2 inches deep.

Glad I dug it. I dig everything when trash is moderate and not real bad.

I could never handle digging all the tab signals I get in the parks open area's.

The woods is different. Less tabs and more bullets. I'd rather dig bullets than tab all day any day.

That's how I get lucky and find buttons and fobs and other tokens and relics. Also gold found this way to.

The thoughts of a web site are nice. But you better have alot of computer time on your hands.

And others were telling me how to get traffic to your site. It's something to think about.

I'd think you and Nate got enough for a web site. It just takes time like anything.

HH Jer

Mona Lisa

Gold Member
Jan 13, 2005
Great Falls, Montana
Detector(s) used
White's DFX & a Sunray probe
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Good luck in South Carolina, Jer. It's definitely different than relic/coin hunting.

I know you'll have some great finds to show us. :)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread