Fourth of July 1899 Cripple Creek

PikesPeakCharlie

Bronze Member
Nov 19, 2008
Pikes Peak
Detector(s) used
Garrett Gti 2500, Garrett Gta 350, Garrett Pro-Pointer -- Whites IDX Pro, AutoMax V2 Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Carl got me all fired up with his 1915 Pueblo item ::) So packed up & went out for a few hours this Morning. No coins today,,, but managed to recover a Token/medal from the 1899 Fourth of July celebration in Cripple Creek Colorado. The Obv,has the Colorado State Seal,Fourth of July,1899,Cripple Creek. The Rev,has Mt Pisgah and a depiction of the mountain. At first I thought it was a ribbion badge,but know beleive it to be a token that someone drilled.

I also found a ribbion badge that I can make out a few details on,but it is so badly pitted it will never be read. Also got a small brass tag that says H & W ,185,4 ??????? It was a nice,much cooler day than we've been having. Going to go hit an old Railroad stop tomorrow ,hopefully will have something to show off. HH

Attachments

• 100_3334.JPG
    100_3334.JPG
    82 KB · Views: 1,038
  • 100_3317.JPG
    100_3317.JPG
    51.8 KB · Views: 1,034
  • 100_3321.JPG
    100_3321.JPG
    59.8 KB · Views: 1,030
  • 100_3329.JPG
    100_3329.JPG
    57 KB · Views: 992
Upvote 0

DIGDIG

Nov 23, 2009
Space Coast/Florida
Detector(s) used
WHITES SURF P.I.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Funny you say that Niel, as soon as you read the title the song starts playing in your head, lol.
Showing my age.

curbdiggercarl57

Silver Member
Nov 19, 2007
Largo, Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites Silver Eagle, DFX, Shadow X-2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice, very nice!
I went back to my site, and tried sifting for about an hour, nothing.
I've been soaking almost everything I've found lately in 60/40 vinegar,
destroys any and all patina, but I can get a lot of detail out of most that I do this to.
Keep finding and posting your killer finds!
Carl

West Jersey Detecting

Gold Member
Oct 23, 2006
Philadelphia Area
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Legend, Excalibur 1000/II (hybrid) , Teknetics T2 SE
Primary Interest:
Other
DIGDIG said:
Funny you say that Niel, as soon as you read the title the song starts playing in your head, lol.
Showing my age.

I am surprised more people didn't get it. I guess you are right, shows our age :)

OP
OP
PikesPeakCharlie

PikesPeakCharlie

Bronze Member
Nov 19, 2008
Pikes Peak
Detector(s) used
Garrett Gti 2500, Garrett Gta 350, Garrett Pro-Pointer -- Whites IDX Pro, AutoMax V2 Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Neil in West Jersey said:
DIGDIG said:
Showing my age.

I am surprised more people didn't get it. I guess you are right, shows our age :)
Well Neil ,time to show my age ;D : Up on Cripple Creek she sends me , If I spring a leak ,she mends me ,,,,, Love " THE BAND "

OP
OP
PikesPeakCharlie

PikesPeakCharlie

Bronze Member
Nov 19, 2008
Pikes Peak
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
CurbdiggerCarl57 said:
Nice, very nice!
I went back to my site, and tried sifting for about an hour, nothing.
I've been soaking almost everything I've found lately in 60/40 vinegar,
destroys any and all patina, but I can get a lot of detail out of most that I do this to.
Keep finding and posting your killer finds!
Carl
Thanks Carl ! We have got to hunt every chance we get,,, Winter will be hear before we know it, all my spots at 9.000 to 10.000 feet will be froze sometime in October. Then its cabin fever for 7 to 8 months >:(

Rich in Central PA

May 28, 2003
Shamokin Pennsylvania
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's Eagle Spectrum
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I like that token. Had to reply and say hello, as I was stationed in the US Army @ Ft. Carson from Sep '71 to June '74. Been up and down Pikes Peak many times, and oh yes.....................

Cripple Creek rings a bell. Nice finds there bro..................Rich

Tank69

Silver Member
May 5, 2009
Yuma Az
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Eldorado , Fisher Gold Bug 2 , Whites MXT , Keen Dry Washer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Neil in West Jersey said:
"A drunkard's dream if I ever did see one..."

great tune there Niel :icon_thumleft:

very nice finds there Charlie :icon_thumright:

OP
OP
PikesPeakCharlie

PikesPeakCharlie

Bronze Member
Nov 19, 2008
Pikes Peak
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Rich in Central PA said:
I like that token. Had to reply and say hello, as I was stationed in the US Army @ Ft. Carson from Sep '71 to June '74. Been up and down Pikes Peak many times, and oh yes.....................

Cripple Creek rings a bell. Nice finds there bro..................Rich
Hi Rich,Thanks for saying Hi. My Cousin just retired at Ft Carson in June,His Dad was stationed there in the late 50s & early 60s as well. I Climbed the North face of Pikes Peak,off trail ,from Green Mountain Falls to the summit for 18 straight years.Had my first heart attack in 2001 and have not been able to climb her since :( Thanks for your comment's I said Hi ! to the Peak for you. HH

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread