🥇 BANNER Civil War Relic Hunting at its Finest: A GRAND SLAM Of A Site!!!

{Sentinel}

Silver Member
Jan 11, 2007
Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
TEKNETICS T-2 LTD, Fisher F-75, White's MXT w/ 11 x 14" Excelerator Coil, WHITES Pulse TDI, WHITES Beach Hunter ID, Garrett Propointer and Lesche Digging Tool
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
VIRGIN CIVIL WAR CAMPSITE

Hey Guys :hello:, well I must say, sites like this don't come along too often. This site has everything that you could ask for in a Virgin Civil War site and ALOT

of it: Plates, Buttons, Bullets, Accoutrements; A GRAND SLAM! The area is known to me and I've dug alot of good stuff from sites near this one. This was private property and it just

so happened that I was able to gain permission as soon as it was opened up and realized that I was on a stellar site when I swept the coil and couldn't make a single sweep without

digging 5 or 6 Civil War Bullets everytime! Within 20 minutes of the first day I had nearly 40 dropped Minies in the pouch but it was almost dark so I decided to come back the next

day. The next afternoon, the very first signal I dug as soon as I walked on the site was a nice 2 Piece Muffin Button :headbang: The very next signal was another button, this one

Loaded with Gilt, I thought that it would be and Eagle "I" or Eagle "A" but when I lightly brushed away the dirt, a big, Beautiful "R" for Riflemens was staring back up at me! :hello2: A

few moments later, I got a good Silver Signal and popped out an 1857 Seated Dime, walked it to the truck and came back and picked up the detector to finish the sweep and BOOM,

another Silver signal; I poppedthe plug and sawanother silver disc the size of a Dime. I was thinking "Come on Be another Seated" even though I was not holding my breath. When I

removed enough dirt, I saw ANOTHER Seated Lady: 2 Seateds in one Swing. About 20 more minutes go by and I got a nice Brass Signal:

There's more. The next day was the start of the weekend and I invited my buddy Roger aka Getty down from Maryland to dig. He ended up digging many firsts including a Fatty Indian,

TentTensioner, Dandy Button with alot of Gilt and many nice buttons AND.....HIS VERY FIRST U.S. Plate!! :headbang: :headbang: It was a pleasure watching the excitement in his look

and seeing his hands shaking from the adrenaline and excitement of the moment. Congrats Rog on your first U.S. Plate buddy! This was a STELLAR hunt All Day my friend
! :icon_thumleft:

:icon_thumleft: :wink:

I decided to take some more photos of some of the relics as I dug them up. Here's a few fresh out of the hole:

Regulation 1851 Officers Eagle Sword Belt Plate
Virgin CW Site Eagle Belt Plateed.jpg

This photo shows a Williams Cleaner, an Eagle "I" Coat Button, and a Minie that were ALL 3 in the same hole. Roger witnessed me digging them because I kept telling him "ANOTHER signal in the hole" :laughing9: In addition, it shows one of the Seateds still in the dirt clump, a bullet and another Seated that were in the same hole together and a pile of the buttons from the First Day

Virgin CW Site 2 ed.jpg

Virgin CW Site 3 ed.jpg

Virgin CW Siteed.jpg

FRESH FROM THE POUCH, DAY ONE'S FINDS (plus the bullets from the 20 mins. the day before):

Virgin CW Site 8.jpg

PHOTOS OF ALL THE DAYS' FINDS CLEANED: (Plate still has some dirt clumped on the face, haven't finished cleaning all the way)

BULLETS: The Final Count Up to This Point is 72

Virgin CW Site Eagle Belt Plateed.jpg

Virgin CW Site 2 ed.jpg

Eagle "R" and Carved Minie
6899709556_b5154b2f98_c.jpg

This bullet shows the Southern soldiers were firing back at them. One of the only Enfields I found at this site:
7045803349_52a1e30e57_c.jpg

BUTTONS
7022696775_989ab871b6_b.jpg

COINS
6899706596_207e6fb2f5_b.jpg

PLATES, BULLETS, BUTTONS, ACCOUTREMENTS

Virgin CW Site 3 ed.jpg

Virgin CW Siteed.jpg

Virgin CW Site 8.jpg

Virgin CW Site 13.jpg

LINK TO SECOND PART OF THE HUNT: http://forum.treasurenet.com/index.php/topic,424645.msg3028340.html#msg3028340

This Site typifies the finest that a Virgin Site has to offer and shows that there's still ALOT of stuff out there to be found! Thanks For Looking :hello: :occasion14:

Attachments

• Virgin CW Site 14.gif
    Virgin CW Site 14.gif
    411 KB · Views: 9,495
  • Virgin CW Site 9.jpg
    Virgin CW Site 9.jpg
    106.9 KB · Views: 7,459
  • Virgin CW Site 10.jpg
    Virgin CW Site 10.jpg
    104.5 KB · Views: 7,383
  • Virgin CW Site 12.jpg
    Virgin CW Site 12.jpg
    159.1 KB · Views: 6,982
  • Virgin CW Site 11.jpg
    Virgin CW Site 11.jpg
    154.6 KB · Views: 7,113
Last edited:
Upvote 0

Valley Ranger

Silver Member
Mar 24, 2011
Shenandoah Valley
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800, Garrett AT Pro (2), Makro Racer 2, Garrett AT Pinpointer (2)
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Great huntin' Josh. That T2 is hot!

ZINCLID

Apr 2, 2010
ALABAMA
Detector(s) used
Mostly Tesoro units-I've owned five of them--but I've used Whites,Fishers,Garretts,Nautilus, Minelab, and Detex.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
congrats--Ya'll ready hit the jackpot with that sight----I've heard Virginia has some super relic hunting--My cousin lives in Chester and he says there's guys doing detectoring all around there in the woods

bearbqd

Bronze Member
Jun 20, 2007
Shenandoah Valley
Detector(s) used
Minelab EXP II w/ Sunray X-1 probe, Garrett AT Pro/Propointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
clovis97 said:
Just WOW!!!!

One of my goals in life is to dig a real CW bullet...and you have over 70 of them.

I am in awe of your finds!!!!

Congrats!!!!!

P.S.-If you need a noob with to help you out, let me know, LOL.
If you ever wanna head my way for a hunt, I can pretty much guarantee you at least one civil war bullet.

OP
OP
{Sentinel}

{Sentinel}

Silver Member
Jan 11, 2007
Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
TEKNETICS T-2 LTD, Fisher F-75, White's MXT w/ 11 x 14" Excelerator Coil, WHITES Pulse TDI, WHITES Beach Hunter ID, Garrett Propointer and Lesche Digging Tool
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
RvaDiggn said:
Nice finds! VA has been kicking out some nice relics lately

Yes it has. You're in Richmond, I know a bunch of nice sites around there that will produce. :icon_thumleft: :wink:

HISPAN

Gold Member
Mar 15, 2009
Detector(s) used
WHITES MXT ,GARRET ACE150,GARRET SEA HUNT MARK II.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
very nice Buckle !! :thumbsup:
H

DirtMan1

Jul 30, 2010
I was going through some older posts and came across this one again...Holy #@$* 2 plates, hundreds of bullets and DOZENS of buttons...it's still unbelievable buddy! Still Absolutely incredible looking back at this post :notworthy:

Gunrunner61

Silver Member
Jan 12, 2011
Dalton,Ga.
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, E Trac, Garrett Pro Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congradulations, What a blast to find. A site like that and a cool drink of water would do me in :laughing7:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions