Liberty Cap Half Dime found at Colonial Cellar Hole

Caps and Bottles

Mar 29, 2008
SouthEast Mass
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Went to cellar hole today that I have been to several times over last couple years. Cellar hole had produced allot of nice buttons but no coins for me in the past. First couple hrs found nothing to speak of, then decided to go back up to the hole itself and went in between some small scrub brush and got a nice signal. When I initially dug at signal I pulled a square nail and figured that must have been it, then I swung at hole again and right off to the side I saw the small silver and that just made my day. Also found a flat button with no markings and a small clip type item.
16bfe480.jpg

fe85b60f.jpg

4479f5d7.jpg

Upvote 0

Gridwalker306

Gold Member
Nov 10, 2010
Canada
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, ATPro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: Liberty Cap Half Dime

DougF said:
Excellent find - Is it my imagination or are there signs of a clashed die on the reverse? That might add a little more to the value. I think I see some outlines of the bust on the reverse. Congrats.

And check out the bottom of the 7 on the date...something going on for sure.

mydejavooo

Oct 26, 2011
Hansen, Idaho
Detector(s) used
Whites Spectrum XLT
Whites Spectrum XLT e-series
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That is incredible! Does anyone have an idea of how that one would be graded? Looks AU-50 to me! :thumbsup:

DeJa

dasho

Jul 19, 2010
MO
Detector(s) used
Explorer XS & E-Trac & Sun Ray Coils
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's way too cool!

EagleDown

Bronze Member
May 13, 2010
California
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, Whites TDI
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There's another imperfection in front of her lips, (obverse). And down at her "bust line" where it meets the drape of the gown. Also, from just past 11 o-clock down to the back of her neck, there appears to be a die crack.

From all of the pits in the stars and hair, it 'could' be counterfeit. Don't really know as I'm not a coin collector. I usually wait for IP to show up and let us know the facts. :laughing7: :laughing7:

Whether real or counterfeit, it would definitly make my day. :headbang:

In any case, most excellent find. Congratulations!!!

Eagle

HEAVYMETALNUT

Silver Member
Dec 8, 2008
CT
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's MXT All Pro,White's MX Sport , White's XLT E-Series,White's eagle spectrum,White's Silver Eagle & White's 4000-D
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
awesome pullin one of those huh? i dug one a few months ago.congrats! :thumbsup:

johnnyblaze

Silver Member
Dec 20, 2010
Rhode Island
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
T2 SPECIAL EDITION
Primary Interest:
Other
Wow Shawn your back at killing it with the detector again :thumbsup:

Sweeeet find man :headbang:

Keep the passion high :wink:

Blaze

OP
OP
Caps and Bottles

Caps and Bottles

Mar 29, 2008
SouthEast Mass
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
johnnyblaze said:
Wow Shawn your back at killing it with the detector again :thumbsup:

Sweeeet find man :headbang:

Keep the passion high :wink:

Blaze
Thxs man, ya its funny how things work out. Think that nice button I found up where you pointed me in the right direction got the blood flowing. Now the wheels in my head are spinning about where I should go next lol. Even the wife has been doing research for me coming up with some really good prospects ;D. Not enough days off to do what I want though. Only good thing is the woods are tolerable digging conditions in the winter if there isn't snow down, those leaves work as a good insulator. Also thxs for everyone else pointing out some of those strike errors, actually checked out that suggested crack in die and it sure looks like it under scope.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread