Virgin Tot Lot Clad Bonanza.. Im Tired!

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Virgin Tot Lot Clad Bonanza.. I'm Tired!

There are three more new playgrounds and parks left on my list of researched locations, so I got started at first light – 6:30am. I found the park and tot lot after only one foof-out, where I went down the wrong street. I suspected from the satellite image on Google Earth that I would have to park on a side-street, but I was able to get within 50-meters of the park fields and tot lot. It was a balmy 31-degrees this morning, with a nice 10mph breeze.

Before I even had a chance to turn Wolfie on, I had a surface find- and it would not be my last! Just a load of clad, and not much else. No charms, no jewelry, not many pulltabs – just about $18.00 in clad! This is a compacted (old) woodchip playground, and is about 35’ wide, by 75’ long. There are two separate play areas with swings between them.

I spent about an hour-and-twenty-minutes detecting, and headed to the VA to get some bloodwork done about 8:00am. After I got done, I headed back to the tot lot ( it was a lot warmer!) and put in another three-hours. To say I’m tired would be a lie. I’m freaking beat! At one point I think I was on the kneepads for like 15-20 minutes without getting up!

Most of the quarters were under the raised “hamster tunnels” and bridges the kids climb through, so naturally you are on your knees trying not to bang your head! At one point, I started laughing out loud at what I must look like to a bystander… I mean, here is this middle-aged guy crawling around under a jungle gym looking for quarters - pretty sad!

Needless to say, I had a great time (!), didn’t have to dig too much trash and got paid for doing almost four-and-a-half-hours of exercise! Now I have to go back and loot those Soccer and Baseball fields!

Attachments

• hill1.jpg
    hill1.jpg
    92.2 KB · Views: 822
  • hill2.jpg
    hill2.jpg
    123.7 KB · Views: 849
  • hill3.jpg
    hill3.jpg
    70.8 KB · Views: 837
Upvote 0
OP
OP
Terry Soloman

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Re: Virgin Tot Lot Clad Bonanza.. I'm Tired!

RTDE3 said:
My God Terry that's a ton of digging! Good job! :thumbsup:

Thanks RTDE! Like Regis Philben, “I’m outta control!” I’m like a squirrel trying to get as many nuts as I can before the snow! :laughing7:

DewGuru

Bronze Member
Jul 23, 2010
Gulf Coast Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Sand Shark
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

WTG T! Thats a BIG pile o clad!! Nicely done! LOL @ old man under the tunnels.

Wldbil

Bronze Member
May 10, 2010
Claremore OK
Detector(s) used
White's XLT/ Garrett AT Pro/ Ace 250

That's a ton of clad and digging right there... Congrats

Desertvet

Nov 4, 2011
Apollo Beach, Florida
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 150
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Dang! Congrats, Terry! You're gonna be sleeping for a week after all that digging today! :icon_thumleft:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread