Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Charter Member

Jan 2007
    Northern Middle Tennessee
    Fisher 1266-X, F75 X 2
    1307 times
    Relic Hunting
    Banner Finds (2)

Short Tenn. Trio Hunt at CSA Cavalry Camp Nets 2 Nice Carved Bullets & More

Tenn. Josh had about 2.5 hours to hunt this morning so the Tennessee Trio headed to a different CSA Cavalry camp than we have been hunting that had been double grid searched in the 1980s by hunters whose livelihood was based on selling relics. Many, many hunters have walked that site. Still, we never go home empty handed when we leave since we all bought Fisher F75s.
    Dman opted not to wear his walking boot and the first thing he did was step in a hole and twist his ankle. That did not stop him and he continued to hunt. Our few finds are in the first pic.
    I guess Dman and Josh tied for the best find today. Dman's dainty little carved piece of soldier's art is something they couldn't figure out. When I walked over where he and josh were admiring it, I looked at it and told Dman that it was a Confederate C-Band Satellite Dish-LOL. He threatened to dig a hole and leave me in it. From the side, it looked like a duck but all guesses are welcomed. Josh dug his carved bullet a little later into the hunt and it is obviously a male appendage. The 2 ring bullet I dug was just whittled on and measures out to be a .58 cal. Suhl Carbine bullet that was whittled on and the top shaved a bit. That's a shame as those bullets sell for $45 each (like I was going to sell it anyway-LOL.
    Not many 60 degree January days in Tennessee and we really enjoyed it plus Dman and Josh recovered two really nice carved bullets to add to their collections. HH from the Trio, Quindy.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Trio Hunt CS Camp 1-6-12.jpg 
Views:	690 
Size:	241.0 KB 
ID:	596586   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Dman & Josh\'s Carved Bullets.jpg 
Views:	709 
Size:	230.1 KB 
ID:	596587  
    View more Tenn. Trio hunts by going to "You Tube" & typing in "Quindy Robertson".

us
    Jan 2008
    Morristown, Tennessee
    White's MXT PRO with 10x12 SEF coil, White's TDI, Garrett AT GOLD
    163 times
    Relic Hunting
    Banner Finds (1)

Re: Short Tenn. Trio Hunt at CSA Cavalry Camp Nets 2 Nice Carved Bullets & More

Nice finds Quindy. I always find Confederate pull tabs, nails, shotgun hulls (Those 12th GA boys really got around) and much more, lol. Congrats on your recoveries. The far east Tennessee boys are hitting it tomorrow. Mike is bringing his GPX and backhoe. And what a way to end Friday.... I have a guy I was working with today give me permission to hunt his and his neighbors property. I will send you an email because you will know the history of this site.

us
    Tennessee Digger

Sep 2011
    Tesoro and Troy Shadow
    334 times

You guys always find something! I like to dig those carved bullets and oh, BTW, the hole that Doug stepped in was one of my old dig holes!!!!! ( Just kidding, I cover mine up ) Tennessee digger

Burt! You've already twisted that ankle!? We're going to have to say an extra prayer for your safety every time you go out of the house! You guys are digging up some great stuff up there! Keep it coming~

Nana

us
    Apr 2009
    Central New York
    Minelab Ctx 3030
    415 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Banner Finds (4)
    Honorable Mentions (1)

Nice

us
    Apr 2010
    Tennessee
    Fisher F75 SE
    12 times
    Relic Hunting

It's always nice digging carved lead but those are some exceptional pieces. Could it be a bowl sitting on a pedestal? The .58 caliber suhl is one bullet that has always evaded me only digging one in all my years of hunting. I am with you on the Fisher's. Our sites are coming back to life with them.

Charter Member

Jan 2007
    Fisher 1266-X, F75 X 2
    1307 times
    Relic Hunting
    Banner Finds (2)

Quote Originally Posted by treasurehound
    Nice finds Quindy. I always find Confederate pull tabs, nails, shotgun hulls (Those 12th GA boys really got around) and much more, lol. Congrats on your recoveries. The far east Tennessee boys are hitting it tomorrow. Mike is bringing his GPX and backhoe. And what a way to end Friday.... I have a guy I was working with today give me permission to hunt his and his neighbors property. I will send you an email because you will know the history of this site.
    Randy, that site has very good possibilities if it hadn't already been searched hard. Good luck there. Q.
    Quote Originally Posted by tennessee digger
    You guys always find something! I like to dig those carved bullets and oh, BTW, the hole that Doug stepped in was one of my old dig holes!!!!! ( Just kidding, I cover mine up ) Tennessee digger
    I know you do Donnie and we'll plan on a hunt soon. HH, Quindy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nana40
    Burt! You've already twisted that ankle!? We're going to have to say an extra prayer for your safety every time you go out of the house! You guys are digging up some great stuff up there! Keep it coming~

Nana
    He needs a KEEPER Nana instead of prayers I think. After he dug that carved bullet, he forgot he had an ankle-LOL. Q.
    Quote Originally Posted by RTDE3
    Quindy your are going to have to put Dman in a suit of armor to keep him safe! But then you can't hunt around him.
    The mystery lead at first looked like a whale breaching the water. But then if you turn it over it looks like a flower. And that would make more since for the time. Nice hunt!
    Rob, Dman had one guy who came by his store suggest it may be a fish. See the dorsal fin and fish head? HH, Quindy.
    Quote Originally Posted by sscindercoop
    Nice
    Thanks for looking and HH SSC, Quindy.
    Quote Originally Posted by James from TN
    It's always nice digging carved lead but those are some exceptional pieces. Could it be a bowl sitting on a pedestal? The .58 caliber suhl is one bullet that has always evaded me only digging one in all my years of hunting. I am with you on the Fisher's. Our sites are coming back to life with them.
    James, that's my second .58 cal. Suhl and I dug one .55 cal. Suhl from the same camp as the one we hunted today. HH, Quindy.
    View more Tenn. Trio hunts by going to "You Tube" & typing in "Quindy Robertson".

May 2008
    Linden, VA
    Minelab GPX5000, Whites MXT, Garrett AT PRO
    21 times
    Relic Hunting

Great finds buddy!!!!! Those Carved are sweet!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

us
    Dec 2010
    Pike County Kentucky
    Garrett Ace 250, Garrett Pro-pointer, Lecshe Digging Tool, Predator Mauler T-Handle
    6 times
    Relic Hunting

I love the carved stuff!! Super finds!!
    Relicminer

Nice finds Guys!
    Keep an eye on Bubble Boy. I would hate to see him get injured again so early in the year.
    As far as, "Josh dug his carved bullet a little later into the hunt and it is obviously a male appendage."
    Could you please explain what the appendage is kind Sir?

Glad to see the Tenn Trio back in full force.
    -MM-
    *Oldest coin-1775 Spanish 1 real *Oldest U.S. silver-1833 Capped Bust Half Dime *Best coin - 1945 GOLD 2 1/2 peso *Best Civil War finds:*NC officers belt buckle *CSN Confederate Navy Officer button

us
    Aug 2011
    Kentucky
    Teknetics G2, Garret Pro PinPointer
    Relic Hunting

Way to go Tenn. Trio and thanks for the post Quindy... It's always great to see soldier's art. Enjoy the warmth while it lasts!

us
    Dec 2008
    2 times

it was good to see your finds.glad you got to hunt.hope maybe to see Dman next week.

Charter Member
    CANE FIELD BANDITS and IRON BRIGADE MEMBER

Jun 2006
    Moonlight and Magnolias
    Fisher F75, Fisher 1266-X and Tesoro Silver ĶMax
    2047 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Banner Finds (4)
    Honorable Mentions (1)

You boys dug some FINE carved bullets today! I have NEVER dug even one, but Kindafoundabuckle found a great one a few years ago. Seems like there just wasn't so much free time for those soldiers in the camps and pickets I've hunted. Those are First Rate.

Congrats to the Tenn. Trio and keep up the good work.

Best Wishes,

Buckles
    2014 CaneField Bandits Totals:
    1792 French 2 Sol Copper
    181? Cut Quarter of an 8 Reales
    1826 Two Reales
    1827 Peruvian Republic 1 Real
    1815 Ferdinand 1 Real
    1829 Cap and Rays 1 Real
    Dateless Half Real
    1872 Seated Half Dollar
    1876-S Seated Quarter
    Five Seated Half Dimes: Two 1840-O Half Dimes, 1842-O, 1848-O and 1857
    1876-CC, Two 1876-S, Two 1887 and an 1888 Seated Dimes
    U.S.S. New Orleans Silver Pendant (1890s)
    Large New Orleans Hallmarked Silver Spoon
    185? Large Cent
    Confederate Pelican Civil War Button
    1840s Convex Eagle Militia Button
    CW Eagle "I" Button
    CW Era "snake" Sword Hanger
    Blacksmith-Forged Picket Pin
    1941 Walking Liberty Half Dollar
    1896 Barber Quarter
    1943, 1954, and 1963-D Quarters
    1902-O Barber Dime
    1945 and 1945-S Mercury Dimes
    1864-L Indian Head Cent
    186?, 1866, and a Dateless Shield Nickel
    Assorted Civil War Bullets and Musketballs
    Plantation Tokens
    Indian Head Cents, Wheats, Buffaloes, and GawGag
    OUR 2013 YEAR-END POST: http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/to...-end-post.html
    OUR 2012 YEAR END POST:
    http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/20...ml#post3120940

Any relics, coins, or other items appearing in my finds signatures were found on PRIVATE PROPERTY with total consent and permission from the owners of said property.

us
    Oct 2009
    North Carolina
    White's DFX & Spectrum~Garrett's Pro-Pointer~VibraProbe
    1304 times
    Metal Detecting
    Banner Finds (2)

Way to go Trio!!! I LOVE those carved bullets Breezie
    Every time I watch Gone With The Wind, I think we're gonna win this time!

Charter Member

Jan 2007
    Fisher 1266-X, F75 X 2
    1307 times
    Relic Hunting
    Banner Finds (2)

Quote Originally Posted by Hutch911
    Great finds buddy!!!!! Those Carved are sweet!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Thanks Hutch. I'm sure you will be hunting the VA camps with the unseasonably weather this weekend. Good luck my friend, Quindy.
    Quote Originally Posted by relicminer
    I love the carved stuff!! Super finds!!
    Thanks RM. I really wish the CS Cav. Soldier had not started carving on mine as the .58 cal. Suhl bullets are kinda scarce for the German rifle and strictly CS used. HH, Quindy.
    Quote Originally Posted by ModernMiner
    Nice finds Guys!
    Keep an eye on Bubble Boy. I would hate to see him get injured again so early in the year.
    As far as, "Josh dug his carved bullet a little later into the hunt and it is obviously a male appendage."
    Could you please explain what the appendage is kind Sir?

Glad to see the Tenn Trio back in full force.
    -MM-
    Thanks MM and as to your question about what a male appendage is (since this is a family site): It's something that gets all males in trouble sooner or later-LOL. Good luck today, Q.
    Quote Originally Posted by campbluegrass
    Way to go Tenn. Trio and thanks for the post Quindy... It's always great to see soldier's art. Enjoy the warmth while it lasts!
    You ought tpo know Greg. Usually, we find about 1 good carved bullet in 300 dropped or fired bullets here. You have certainly beat those odds last year in KY-LOL. HH, Quindy
    Quote Originally Posted by rebelrouser
    it was good to see your finds.glad you got to hunt.hope maybe to see Dman next week.
    Thanks Don. Go by his store and see what you think that carved bullet is. HH, Q.
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckleBoy
    You boys dug some FINE carved bullets today! I have NEVER dug even one, but Kindafoundabuckle found a great one a few years ago. Seems like there just wasn't so much free time for those soldiers in the camps and pickets I've hunted. Those are First Rate.

Congrats to the Tenn. Trio and keep up the good work.

Best Wishes,

Buckles
    Thanks BB and I really enjoyed the daily hunt phone report from you and HB. You guys will never forget those hunts as you both made outstanding finds. HH, Quindy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Breezie
    Way to go Trio!!! I LOVE those carved bullets Breezie
    You ought too Breezie as you have found your share as shown in my N S Trader article from last fall that included some of the ones you found including that "lead ruler" shown in the pic. HH, Q.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	13.jpg 
Views:	512 
Size:	54.7 KB 
ID:	596777  

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsors