A nice Civil War site found in local backyard today- VIDEO ADDED

U

umrgolf

I'm pretty certain this fella's backyard had never had a detector swing over it. Knocked on the door at 9:30AM, left about 2PM this afternoon.. I'll be back next week. I'll keep this short and let the pictures explain. Happy New Year :icon_thumright:

IMG_0413.JPG

69's and melted lead

IMG_0416.JPG

round balls (44 and 50 cal), chewed 69

IMG_0417.JPG

carved bullets

IMG_0422.JPG

69 cal carved chess piece?

IMG_0420.JPG

watch key winder, pocket knife, eagle buttons

IMG_0419.JPG

grommet, ring, belt rivets, suspender buckle

IMG_0418.JPG

1861 halfdime (yes, that's a shovel mark on the obverse :tongue3: )

IMG_0427.JPG IMG_0428.JPG

IMG_0429.JPG

Upvote 0

ModernMiner

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2007
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore , Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Bill D. (VA)

Silver Member
Oct 7, 2008
SE Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
F75 SE (land); CZ-21 (saltwater)
Primary Interest:
Other
Nice pile of lead, brass and silver Jeff. I'm sure that helps to ease the pain of living outside of ole Virginie. Look forward to your next post.

OP
OP
U

umrgolf

nova treasure said:
excellent finds Jeff, really enjoy the carved lead and the watch key winder. it brings the hunt more personal with the soldiers in camp. the dime with the starting date of the Civil War, very cool.

Can't wait to see what's next, Bill

yes, the personal stuff is always very nice.. I believe that halfdime would have been AU had I not dinged it :laughing7:

silversweeper said:
Very cool. Gotta love finding a CW camp area that hasn't been detected before! I'm usually a very late comer to such sites here but have still managed to do pretty well by going low and slow. Wish I could find a property that hasn't been hit like the one you're on. HH and I will look forward to your future posts. You north or south of St. Louis?

southwest :icon_thumleft:

Gunrunner61 said:
Amazing! that's the only word that i can think of ,And that's not good enough :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

Mrs Bloom said:
Sweet finds! :hello2: Enjoyed the vid and pics--thanks for posting!

thanks, glad the video turned out decent

Hutch911 said:
Great finds!!!! I would be camped out in his yard!

Right, CW soldiers camping=so shall I campeth in your yard

Nutriasub said:
Amazing virgin site, keep digging !

virgin indeed.. thanks!

BobinSouthVA said:
Going to go out on a limb here and say you're not missing Virginia that much anymore ;D

Great Finds.

:icon_thumleft:

right, that lasted all of about three days since I replied to your thread :laughing9:

Old Stonewall said:
Great finds and great video - thanks for sharing. I'd be back at that spot as often as possible. It should keep producing for a while.

I intend to be back next Tuesday :headbang:

metalev4 said:
Great finds Jeff, congrats on finding that camp. I hope there is a plate in there for you.
-Evan

I kept waiting for that big "aluminum can signal" :wink: maybe next time

ModernMiner said:
Jeff,
You lucky #@&%!!! What a yard! :icon_thumleft:
Congrats on some fantastic CW lead and the half dime :occasion14:
Super video. Thanks.
Looking forward to seeing round #2.
-Dug-

thanks Dug, glad you enjoyed the video :occasion14:

Bill D. (VA) said:
Nice pile of lead, brass and silver Jeff. I'm sure that helps to ease the pain of living outside of ole Virginie. Look forward to your next post.

it's nothing like VA, but I can't gripe about a lack of relics in this area

birdman

Gold Member
Jan 28, 2005
Choctaw Beach Florida
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 and ORX, tesoro Cibola with garret,whites and minelab pinpointers
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good for you! A virgin site is huge now a days! Hope I could find one. :coffee2:

HEAVYMETALNUT

Silver Member
Dec 8, 2008
CT
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's MXT All Pro,White's MX Sport , White's XLT E-Series,White's eagle spectrum,White's Silver Eagle & White's 4000-D
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
wow! your gonna do well there in future visits.nice lead & a sweet seated! :headbang:

Sniffy

Bronze Member
Mar 27, 2009
Connecticut
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Prizm III Teknetics T2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What an amazing site you found! keep pluggin away! :headbang:

dwayne sueno

Bronze Member
Mar 18, 2008
upstate ny
Detector(s) used
se pro
Primary Interest:
Other
that looks like a fun day, man.
looking forward to seeing what the rest of the yard holds. :icon_thumright:

peanut

Apr 19, 2009
Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Whites Spectra V3i, Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Glad to see you posting some awesome finds again,I tried to call you last week and it says your number has been disconnected :dontknow:.I would grid that yard off and suck every relic out of the ground!
See ya buddy
peanut

OP
OP
U

umrgolf

peanut said:
Glad to see you posting some awesome finds again,I tried to call you last week and it says your number has been disconnected :dontknow:.I would grid that yard off and suck every relic out of the ground!
See ya buddy
peanut

hey there, Matt.. sorry about that, I sent out a text that I changed my number. I'll send it to you in a pm here shortly :icon_thumleft:

Thank you all for the nice comments!

CMDiamonddawg

Silver Member
Oct 14, 2009
Jersey Cape
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1265X & CZ-7
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Early 2012 & your not wasting no time tearin' it up Jman :thumbsup: Enjoyed the video :headbang: a fantastic cherry pickin' area to hunt and quality CW finds , :-\ injured my eye grinding some metal ::) so I can 't see the half dime nick :icon_scratch: eh , what are ya gonna do , it happens. Good to see your back out there ! Best of Luck , dawg

kuger

Gold Member
Nov 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
,M.X.T.& Tesoro Tejon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Fantastic bud!!Now that ya got all that lead outta the way... ;D...I cant wait to see what else comes outta there!Get into the neighbors too!!!

relicminer

Dec 31, 2010
Pike County Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, Garrett Pro-pointer, Lecshe Digging Tool, Predator Mauler T-Handle
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Yeap, the site itself was the first great find!!! :icon_thumleft:

Woodland Detectors

Gold Member
Nov 23, 2008
Toll Free ~ 855~966~3563
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Very nice Jeff! It doesn't matter where you go, you seem to find the killer relics. That Teknetics T2 Ltd is treating you good buddy. I am amazed to say the least how well these machines perform relic hunting.

Lanny in AB

Gold Member
Apr 2, 2003
Alberta
Detector(s) used
Various Minelabs(5000, 2100, X-Terra 705, Equinox 800, Gold Monster), Falcon MD20, Tesoro Sand Shark, Gold Bug Pro, Makro Gold Racer.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Wow!! You hit the mother lode of cool lead!

All the best,

Lanny

OP
OP
U

umrgolf

CMDiamonddawg said:
Early 2012 & your not wasting no time tearin' it up Jman :thumbsup: Enjoyed the video :headbang: a fantastic cherry pickin' area to hunt and quality CW finds , :-\ injured my eye grinding some metal ::) so I can 't see the half dime nick :icon_scratch: eh , what are ya gonna do , it happens. Good to see your back out there ! Best of Luck , dawg

believe me its there :-\ hope your eyes heal up soon dawgman :tard: :laughing7:

kuger said:
Fantastic bud!!Now that ya got all that lead outta the way... ;D...I cant wait to see what else comes outta there!Get into the neighbors too!!!

neighbor's place looks good too :thumbsup:

relicminer said:
Yeap, the site itself was the first great find!!! :icon_thumleft:

thanks relicminer

Woodland Detectors said:
Very nice Jeff! It doesn't matter where you go, you seem to find the killer relics. That Teknetics T2 Ltd is treating you good buddy. I am amazed to say the least how well these machines perform relic hunting.

actually, I only use the Fisher Gold Bug DP.. thanks Mike

Lanny in AB said:
Wow!! You hit the mother lode of cool lead!

All the best,

Lanny

thanks, I really like the melted lead.. i think it displays well with the bullets

Hill Billy

Bronze Member
Jun 3, 2007
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT
Primary Interest:
Other
Hey Jeff, congrats to you on all of that lead, looks like you found a great spot :thumbsup:.
I bet you can't wait to go back.
Is it snowing there yet?

HB

OP
OP
U

umrgolf

HILL BILLY said:
Hey Jeff, congrats to you on all of that lead, looks like you found a great spot :thumbsup:.
I bet you can't wait to go back.
Is it snowing there yet?

HB

View out the back window of my shop :laughing9:

IMG_0432.JPG

BuckleBoy

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2006
Moonlight and Magnolias
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Whites DualField PI, Fisher 1266-X and Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Top notch post! Nothing like getting the relics and not having to deal with the trash. It's like a relic hunter's wet dream.

:D

Cheers,

Buck

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread