Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

us
    Jun 2008
    Fisher F75 / Ace 250/ ATPro
    153 times
    Banner Finds (1)

Check Trash find Half powder flask

Hello everyone. I went detecting the other day for about an hour or so and dug a couple of flat buttons and misc trash. I dug what I thought was a piece of brass roofing material. Just sat it in my pouch. Decided to dump the pouch this morning and go through what I found. Well when I took out the brass piece I noticed it looked strange..Round at the bottom and narrow at the neck...Well I rinsed it off. It was in a wad so I unfolded it and to my surprise I think it is a half of an old powder flask. Always pays to check that trash before you throw it away. Hope you all enjoy the picture. zaxfire

Nov 2007
    ,M.X.T.& Tesoro Tejon
    2641 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Banner Finds (1)

Re: Check Trash find Half powder flask

Yep,thats what it is.Its amazing how many I have found just like that,folded up?I guess since they only cost about 35 cents back in the day?Nice save!!
    M.X.T , Tesoro Tejon

"A pen in the hand of this president is far more dangerous than a gun in the hands of 200 million law-abiding citizens."

us
    Jun 2008
    153 times
    Banner Finds (1)

I found this one on Button Hill. That is where I have found some War of 1812 buttons and 1840's silver. I'm going to go back soon as this rain is over and see if I can find the other half and maybe top.

Nov 2007
    ,M.X.T.& Tesoro Tejon
    2641 times
    Banner Finds (1)

Good luck,hope ya do!!In my experience though,for what ever reason,unfortunately,the other pieces never seem to be close.I one retrieved the second half over a half mile away!!Looking back also,I think the majority of the chargers I have found were alone from the rest of the flask,often never found
    M.X.T , Tesoro Tejon

"A pen in the hand of this president is far more dangerous than a gun in the hands of 200 million law-abiding citizens."

us
    Jun 2008
    153 times
    Banner Finds (1)

This one was about 8 inches down on the side of the hill. I sure hope I can find the other half. Kinda disappointed that it doesn't have a design on it that I can see anyway. It was wadded up real bad. I may try to clean it a little more and see if anything comes to light. Probably just flat though.

Nov 2007
    ,M.X.T.& Tesoro Tejon
    2641 times
    Banner Finds (1)

Quote Originally Posted by zaxfire69
    This one was about 8 inches down on the side of the hill. I sure hope I can find the other half. Kinda disappointed that it doesn't have a design on it that I can see anyway. It was wadded up real bad. I may try to clean it a little more and see if anything comes to light. Probably just flat though.
    many of the smaller ones like that were just plain

http://soldusa.com/rainworx/detail.asp?id=16031
    M.X.T , Tesoro Tejon

us
    Jun 2008
    153 times
    Banner Finds (1)

That is a nice one. I think it would be cool to find the other half or the charger. It is worth a look at best. Thanks for the comments and link kuger.

Nov 2007
    ,M.X.T.& Tesoro Tejon
    2641 times
    Banner Finds (1)

Fingers crossed ya find it.Let us know!!
    M.X.T , Tesoro Tejon

us
    Mar 2009
    North Carolina
    Garrett AT Pro, Garrett ProPointer
    35 times
    Metal Detecting
    Banner Finds (2)

cool!
    SkyPirate

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsors