Trio Hunt Today & If the sight of 225+ CW Relics Scares You, Dont Look Ethel!!

VOL1266-X

Gold Member
Jan 10, 2007
Northern Middle Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1266-X, F75 X 2
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Trio Hunt Today & If the sight of 225+ CW Relics Scares You, Don't Look Ethel!!

The Tennessee Trio returned to the U.S. Infantry camp today to hunt about 3 hours. Our finds from the hunt today are shown in the first pic. Dman and I both dug good eagle buttons but Tenn. Josh had the best find today with the carved bullet in the 2nd pic. The 3rd pic is of ALL OUR combined cleaned recoveries (not including today’s finds) since I walked right into the tent lines on Feb. 6. You may see this one in a Fisher F75 advertisement in the future as the First Texas Group has contacted me again. Thanks for the tip Tennessee Digger!!
Remember this: if I had walked just 100 feet either side of the concentrated relics in that tent line at the rear of the camp, I would have been convinced that the camp was hunted out and we would never have gone back. Never give up! HH, from the Trio, Quindy.

Attachments

• Trio Hunt to U.S. Camp 2-27-12.jpg
    Trio Hunt to U.S. Camp 2-27-12.jpg
    147.2 KB · Views: 1,254
  • Josh\'s Carved Bullet 2-27-12.jpg
    Josh\'s Carved Bullet 2-27-12.jpg
    68.4 KB · Views: 1,241
  • Ind. & Ohio CW Camp Feb. 2012.jpg
    Ind. & Ohio CW Camp Feb. 2012.jpg
    87.2 KB · Views: 1,253
Upvote 0

creskol

Gold Member
Jan 14, 2007
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Other
Re: Trio Hunt Today & If the sight of 225+ CW Relics Scares You, Don't Look Ethel!!

Y'all are tearing it up out there, Quindy! That is impressive! Congrats to the Trio!

birdman

Gold Member
Jan 28, 2005
Choctaw Beach Florida
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 and ORX, tesoro Cibola with garret,whites and minelab pinpointers
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: Trio Hunt Today & If the sight of 225+ CW Relics Scares You, Don't Look Ethel!!

:notworthy: You guys rock! That is a lot of history saved!!

Papa Bear

Bronze Member
Dec 30, 2011
Western Territories
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Teknetics G2, Garrett ProPointer
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

birdman said:
:notworthy: You guys rock! That is a lot of history saved!!

Agreed!!!

L

lost hunter

:headbang:

matt092079

Bronze Member
Nov 21, 2011
Charles Town, WV
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 with 11" DD coil, Garrett Ace 250 with 9x12 coil, Garrett Pro-Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Congrats on all the great saves!

civilman1

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
PA-MD
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium LS,White's MXT's and Surf II Lot's-O-Coil's
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

What a beautiful display Quindy......Be back on the CW Relic's next month at the Div,too close to home with these gas price's :thumbsup: Great dig's you guy's!!

Steve in PA

Gold Member
Jul 5, 2010
Pittsburgh, PA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, XP Deus, Equinox 600, Fisher 1270
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

That's quite a collection from that camp Quindy, but honestly, if the sight of relics scared me, I wouldn't hang out here at T-Net :tard: :tongue3:

70monte68

Aug 8, 2010
PA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
TEKNETICS T2 SE
TEKNETICS T2 SE (back up)
MINELAB EXCALIBUR 2,
WHITES MX SPORT

:notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:

OP
OP
VOL1266-X

VOL1266-X

Gold Member
Jan 10, 2007
Northern Middle Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1266-X, F75 X 2
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

Steve in PA said:
That's quite a collection from that camp Quindy, but honestly, if the sight of relics scared me, I wouldn't hang out here at T-Net :tard: :tongue3:
LOL Steve-In some of the weather you have hunted in, I doubt much scares you Bud. HH, Q.

Deno

Bronze Member
Dec 22, 2008
Fern Creek Ky
Detector(s) used
XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Thats a bunch of relics since Feb 6th.

That is unreal there are still places like that left.

Congratulations to all of you.

HEAVYMETALNUT

Silver Member
Dec 8, 2008
CT
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's MXT All Pro,White's MX Sport , White's XLT E-Series,White's eagle spectrum,White's Silver Eagle & White's 4000-D
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

wow! :headbang:

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

All those white bullets are almost blinding! 8) :D I tell ya, you all did a great job collecting up those terrific relics! :icon_thumright:

WTG!!
Nana :hello:

tennessee digger

Bronze Member
Sep 14, 2011
Nashville
Detector(s) used
Tesoro and Troy Shadow Fisher Gold Bug Pro Minelab Equinox 600.

Quindy,
So glad that you guys are STILL digging relics there. I'm also glad that you stayed with it and went back after your first trip when you didn't find anything! Have you got it cleaned out yet? Nice carved bullet too. Tennessee digger

tennessee digger

Bronze Member
Sep 14, 2011
Nashville
Detector(s) used
Tesoro and Troy Shadow Fisher Gold Bug Pro Minelab Equinox 600.

Oh, and one other thing. You just HAVE to write an article about this camp and what was found. Tennessee digger

hdmech71

Jan 25, 2012
wv
Detector(s) used
F75 se / Minelab Soveriogn / sunray probe/ whites classic Id/ pro pointer
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

Yes sir. Thats sweet.

Thunderchild

Sep 24, 2011
N. Carolina
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75LTD/ AT Pro / Whites TDI SL / Tesoro Compadre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Simply amazing finds! Great work. Glenn

JmCraz8

Bronze Member
Apr 2, 2011
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Currently using: XP DEUS, T2 SE and the Garret Carrot lol
Have used: Garret Ace 250, Garret AT Pro, Garret Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

Wowser lol very cool. :headbang:

BuckleBoy

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2006
Moonlight and Magnolias
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Whites DualField PI, Fisher 1266-X and Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Quindy, your 2012 relic count will blow last year's totals away at this rate. You boys have been digging up some great CW relics! I have just the occasional find down here, but then again I haven't been able to find a real CW hotspot. I need you to get down here and we'll track one down. :thumbsup:

Seriously, this is a first rate post.

P.S.--I did some close investigation, and the 1812 artillery I dug on Friday is in fact a Different manufacturer and style from the one I dug previously. Not sure what that means. Perhaps a couple Rebs were wearing their old 1812 uniforms from the battle at New Orleans? I would find it hard to believe that someone would've been issued a coat with buttons from different manufacturers if it was simply a veteran's house site. There were two Confederate batterys in the area.

-Buckleboy

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread