Trio Hunt Today & If the sight of 225+ CW Relics Scares You, Dont Look Ethel!!

VOL1266-X

Gold Member
Jan 10, 2007
Northern Middle Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1266-X, F75 X 2
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Trio Hunt Today & If the sight of 225+ CW Relics Scares You, Don't Look Ethel!!

The Tennessee Trio returned to the U.S. Infantry camp today to hunt about 3 hours. Our finds from the hunt today are shown in the first pic. Dman and I both dug good eagle buttons but Tenn. Josh had the best find today with the carved bullet in the 2nd pic. The 3rd pic is of ALL OUR combined cleaned recoveries (not including today’s finds) since I walked right into the tent lines on Feb. 6. You may see this one in a Fisher F75 advertisement in the future as the First Texas Group has contacted me again. Thanks for the tip Tennessee Digger!!
Remember this: if I had walked just 100 feet either side of the concentrated relics in that tent line at the rear of the camp, I would have been convinced that the camp was hunted out and we would never have gone back. Never give up! HH, from the Trio, Quindy.

Attachments

• Trio Hunt to U.S. Camp 2-27-12.jpg
    Trio Hunt to U.S. Camp 2-27-12.jpg
    147.2 KB · Views: 1,254
  • Josh\'s Carved Bullet 2-27-12.jpg
    Josh\'s Carved Bullet 2-27-12.jpg
    68.4 KB · Views: 1,241
  • Ind. & Ohio CW Camp Feb. 2012.jpg
    Ind. & Ohio CW Camp Feb. 2012.jpg
    87.2 KB · Views: 1,253
Upvote 0

ModernMiner

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2007
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore , Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: Trio Hunt Today & If the sight of 225+ CW Relics Scares You, Don't Look Ethel!!

"Remember this: if I had walked just 100 feet either side of the concentrated relics in that tent line at the rear of the camp, I would have been convinced that the camp was hunted out and we would never have gone back. Never give up!" :hello2:

Way to go guys. I never realized how many CW relics you guys actually pulled out of that site until I saw that photo above :o
AMAZING!!!! :icon_thumleft: Beautiful display. I think a story is in order for sure.
Two things....
1) Who bought lunch this last time since you BOTH dug buttons?
2) What is that pin looking piece in the first photo, bottom right? :icon_scratch:

Great post and congrats also to Josh for that cool carved bullet. :thumbsup:

-Dug-

steelheadwill

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2010
New Castle NH.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Brain eyes ears and nose
Primary Interest:
Other
Re: Trio Hunt Today & If the sight of 225+ CW Relics Scares You, Don't Look Ethel!!

Hi Q :hello:
That sure is a nice collection, great that it's all from one camp :wink:
Loving that Lead mushroom :laughing7:
Keep those goodies comin! Best to you, Herbie.

Ifoundit69

Saving the past one find at a time !
Dec 5, 2007
Lancaster ,VA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Whites Spectrum Xlt ,Fisher 1270, Fisher F5 ,Fisher F2, , Ctx 3030 ,Nokta Anfibio,Minelab Safari
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Looks like a home run to me , awesome saves !

CMDiamonddawg

Silver Member
Oct 14, 2009
Jersey Cape
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1265X & CZ-7
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Trio , your case is filling up , still room for more .. round em up :whip2:

dawg

kevkirki

Jul 16, 2011
denver, colorado
Detector(s) used
M6/coinmaster
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

unreal!!!! :notworthy:

OP
OP
VOL1266-X

VOL1266-X

Gold Member
Jan 10, 2007
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1266-X, F75 X 2
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

Thanks to all the Trio friends who replied:
B.H, Rob (Creskol), Bird, Papa Bear, L.H., Matt, Joe & Colleen (Good luck at DIV), Steve, Monte, Deno, Dave (Copper King), Nanners (Post those LA buttons from last weekend), Donnie, H.D., Glenn, JmC, Herbie, If69, Dawg (the Mill Master), and KK.
ModernMiner said:
"Remember this: if I had walked just 100 feet either side of the concentrated relics in that tent line at the rear of the camp, I would have been convinced that the camp was hunted out and we would never have gone back. Never give up!" :hello2:

Way to go guys. I never realized how many CW relics you guys actually pulled out of that site until I saw that photo above :o
AMAZING!!!! :icon_thumleft: Beautiful display. I think a story is in order for sure.
Two things....
1) Who bought lunch this last time since you BOTH dug buttons?
2) What is that pin looking piece in the first photo, bottom right? :icon_scratch:

Great post and congrats also to Josh for that cool carved bullet. :thumbsup:

-Dug-
DUG, Dman bought lunch and the iron "pin" is actually a canteen stopper. It's about time for another banner from you!! HH, Q.
BuckleBoy said:
Quindy, your 2012 relic count will blow last year's totals away at this rate. You boys have been digging up some great CW relics! I have just the occasional find down here, but then again I haven't been able to find a real CW hotspot. I need you to get down here and we'll track one down. :thumbsup:

Seriously, this is a first rate post.

P.S.--I did some close investigation, and the 1812 artillery I dug on Friday is in fact a Different manufacturer and style from the one I dug previously. Not sure what that means. Perhaps a couple Rebs were wearing their old 1812 uniforms from the battle at New Orleans? I would find it hard to believe that someone would've been issued a coat with buttons from different manufacturers if it was simply a veteran's house site. There were two Confederate batterys in the area.

-Buckleboy
As you and I discussed BB, Dman and I will be down for the next late year or Jan. 2013 hunting season (If Dman doesn't break something else) so don't you and Shane dig all that Spanish silver or CW relics. The way buttons were lost from troop's clothing in the field, it's very possible that one of those buttons was a period replacement. WHEN you dig the next button, it should match one of the two you have alredy dug in that field. I hope to get a call from you today as that means one of you two has made an extraordinary find. HH, Q.
RTDE3 said:
Quindy, You guys sure have been having a ball at that camp!
Congrats on all your finds! :thumbsup:
Floyd found a carved bullet close to that one.
We thought it might be a chess piece. Just a guess.
We guessed a chess piece or a candle holder Rob. Thanks and HH, Q.

kuger

Gold Member
Nov 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
,M.X.T.& Tesoro Tejon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Dang,Quindy,you guys are doin it right!!I know the blood sweat and tears that goes into those kinds of finds.My hats off to ya bud

Hiker

Nov 30, 2008
Newnan, GA
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

Dang, very nice digs.

OP
OP
VOL1266-X

VOL1266-X

Gold Member
Jan 10, 2007
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1266-X, F75 X 2
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

kuger said:
Dang,Quindy,you guys are doin it right!!I know the blood sweat and tears that goes into those kinds of finds.My hats off to ya bud
Thanks Cody. That means a lot coming from a veteran like you. I just received an email from First Texas wanting permission to use the total finds pic in Fisher ads and on their website as I predicted they would. HH my friend, Quindy.
Hiker said:
Dang, very nice digs.
Thanks for looking Hiker. Hunts like we enjoyed this month don't happen much anymore. HH, Quindy.

rebelrouser

Dec 4, 2008

congrats to all three of you, that is very impressive..i just got off phone with Dman.it was great talking to him. been tied up alot myself but when i see all your relics it is a pleasure.hope to get out myself soon.we got horrible weather coming they claim.take care and looking forward to your next post.

MKnTenn

Jul 30, 2010
Primary Interest:
Other

Man that's a great site there you have, awesome pile of relics! HH

oldcoon

Jul 10, 2010
Middletown, Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Spectrum XLT
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Big time finds there. Congratulations.

sekypaleo

Jan 24, 2010
Cincinnati Ohio
Detector(s) used
Teknetics G2 with 13" Ultimate coil, AKA Sorex Pro, Eurotek Pro, Garrett Pro pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Way to go trio! Great saves and you know there are more there...tear it up!

Dwight S

Apr 26, 2010
NC
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-Pro & White's TDI & Tesoro Compass uMax
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

HEY TRIO.... SAVE SOME FOR THE REST OF US!!!! The way you gentlemen are cleaning up, the CW relics will be gone soon. ;D

Congratulations on the great recoveries! :headbang:

OP
OP
VOL1266-X

VOL1266-X

Gold Member
Jan 10, 2007
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1266-X, F75 X 2
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

rebelrouser said:
congrats to all three of you, that is very impressive..i just got off phone with Dman.it was great talking to him. been tied up alot myself but when i see all your relics it is a pleasure.hope to get out myself soon.we got horrible weather coming they claim.take care and looking forward to your next post.
Thanks Don and I went by Dman's store today as well. HH, Q.
MKnTenn said:
Man that's a great site there you have, awesome pile of relics! HH
Thanks MK. I have 136 from that site to date and 107 are bullets. I put them in a display box this morning. Thanks, Quindy.
oldcoon said:
Big time finds there. Congratulations.
Thanks O.C. and HH, Quindy.
sekypaleo said:
Way to go trio! Great saves and you know there are more there...tear it up!
Bill, the relics are beginning to drop off but a good rain would increase out finds as that's hot soil. HH, Q.
Dwight S said:
HEY TRIO.... SAVE SOME FOR THE REST OF US!!!! The way you gentlemen are cleaning up, the CW relics will be gone soon. ;D

Congratulations on the great recoveries! :headbang:
Get' em while you can Dwight-LOL. The F75s are the key. Tennessee Digger said that site has been hunted hard. HH, Quindy.
Woodland Detectors said:
Woah...What a haul Quindy! Man you TN. fellas are tearing it up!
Mike, now we know what the old days of detecting that we have heard about were like but without any plates from that site-LOL. I need a detector price so expect a call soon. Thanks my friend, Q.

Dman

Silver Member
Feb 10, 2006
Tennessee
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab EXPLORER SE

That place is a lot of fun. I hope we get more than 300 relics before we are through.
Dman

ModernMiner

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2007
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore , Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I had to take another l@@k. :o That collection of relics is really outstanding guys. :hello2:
Well done.
-Dug-

oldsalty19

Silver Member
May 29, 2011
NE Ohio
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 350 and AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

:notworthy: WTG guys

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions