Found my first silver with F75 and for 2012. Sterling cross.

matt092079

Bronze Member
Nov 21, 2011
Charles Town, WV
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 with 11" DD coil, Garrett Ace 250 with 9x12 coil, Garrett Pro-Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I went out into my yard this evening to see what the ace 250 missed. I went over a spot that I actually gridded out in my yard with the 250, probably in 3 different directions at least 10 times before. Well I went out there with the F75 and just "freely" swinging the coil and came across a quarter at 8 inches, 2 pennies and a silver cross marked "STERLING AVEDON". My yard is pretty "hot" as some would say. I've got that red dirt. Pretty excited to take this thing to parks and such that I've hit before and start pulling the good stuff out that I've missed. Thanks for looking!

Attachments

• 3-3-12-sterlingcross.jpg
    3-3-12-sterlingcross.jpg
    37.9 KB · Views: 432
  • 3-3-12-stercross.jpg
    3-3-12-stercross.jpg
    40 KB · Views: 449
Upvote 0

pl8man

Silver Member
Mar 18, 2009
San Jose , California
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT PRO with Sunray probe, M6 with a Super 12 coil & a Whites Quantum II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice silver :icon_thumright:

OP
OP
matt092079

matt092079

Bronze Member
Nov 21, 2011
Charles Town, WV
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 with 11" DD coil, Garrett Ace 250 with 9x12 coil, Garrett Pro-Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
deepsecrets said:
Nice Matt ! You're going to be tearing it up with that new F75 - come on back out to the farm.

Hey buddy. Thanks! I will definitely take you up on that offer...I gotta please the wife though. Can't detect every day, although I wish I could. lol I'd like to come out when I can spend a good majority of the day. I have a feeling that site has yet to give up it's best finds man. I'll shoot you a PM and let you know when a good time for me is and see if it's good for you. Most likely will be a Saturday or Sunday.

We need to convince that neighbor of yours to let us on his property. :laughing7:

deepsecrets

Jan 10, 2009
Shenandoah Valley Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
matt092079 said:
deepsecrets said:
Nice Matt ! You're going to be tearing it up with that new F75 - come on back out to the farm.

Hey buddy. Thanks! I will definitely take you up on that offer...I gotta please the wife though. Can't detect every day, although I wish I could. lol I'd like to come out when I can spend a good majority of the day. I have a feeling that site has yet to give up it's best finds man. I'll shoot you a PM and let you know when a good time for me is and see if it's good for you. Most likely will be a Saturday or Sunday.

We need to convince that neighbor of yours to let us on his property. :laughing7:

Yep - don't want to make momma mad - learned that lesson. Weekends are good - working on the neighbor, maybe I can get permission to hunt around the big house - if not, there is an old creek crossing where a mill used to be.

OP
OP
matt092079

matt092079

Bronze Member
Nov 21, 2011
Charles Town, WV
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yep - don't want to make momma mad - learned that lesson. Weekends are good - working on the neighbor, maybe I can get permission to hunt around the big house - if not, there is an old creek crossing where a mill used to be.

Good luck buddy!

TommNJ

Bronze Member
Nov 3, 2008
NW NJ
Detector(s) used
White's IDX Pro, Garrett AT Pro
Congrats on the nice silver cross, :icon_thumright: !

TommNJ

CoinandRelicMan

Silver Member
Apr 3, 2011
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-Trac, Safari, Cortes, Musketeer, Makro Pin-Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice cross! :icon_thumright:

VOL1266-X

Gold Member
Jan 10, 2007
Northern Middle Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1266-X, F75 X 2
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Matt, the best thing about the F75 is that you get to go back and dig relics, coins, and jewelry in places where you have already hunted and have already secured permission-LOL. Nice cross, Q.

OP
OP
matt092079

matt092079

Bronze Member
Nov 21, 2011
Charles Town, WV
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
VOL1266-X said:
Matt, the best thing about the F75 is that you get to go back and dig relics, coins, and jewelry in places where you have already hunted and have already secured permission-LOL. Nice cross, Q.

I'm learning this pretty quickly, Quindy. lol

mfitzy111

Mar 6, 2011
NEPA
Detector(s) used
garrett ACE350 (traded off!), minelab E-TRAC, AT-Pro
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
:icon_thumright:

silver rocks!!!! good work!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread