Bronze Member
Jun 4, 2005
Northampton, UK
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver Sabre II / Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Re: Me & My Son's first outing

Thanks Jeff for the great reply to my question 8) The guys in the good ole USA do some strange things, that is why I ask so many questions ;D In South Africa, if we did that to a coin, we would probably be locked up for "defacing coins".... even to drill a hole in a coin to hang it around the neck is not allowed.... ::) ::) ::) ::) that is why we hang everybody elses around our necks.

God bless
Peter

jopher

Bronze Member
Jul 20, 2003
Mid Michigan
Detector(s) used
IDX Classic SL-x2....Excalibur1000

That should be plenty to keep your boys interest.Nice finds!
If you are in the Farmington Hills area you should have some profitable woodchippin also.
Great area to be a treasure hunter ....if you can get your stick to the ground.....Joe

wingman

Mar 17, 2004
johnstown,ohio
Detector(s) used
ace 250

nice lysol bottle,ive found one myself.
its from the 30's
i researched the bottle after finding mine and found an old ad showing kids taking a spoonful to help stomach ailments(cant help but think that would make a person sick,maybe back then it was a different formula.)
i'll see if i can locate it again.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Arky, I have yet to find any silver myself, so I would say you and your son had a good day. Any day with time spent with your kids is a good day. (Unless they are driving your nuts :o )

ernie

Jun 11, 2004

go with him as often as you can.my son and i used to go when he was younger but no longer cares about detecting.he started noticing girls than was working now married and his silver saber still sits in his old closet here at home where he left it ten years ago.he says he is just to busy and hunts and fishes a lot.but he does not want to get rid of his detector.maybe thats a good sign.

civilman1

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
PA-MD
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium LS,White's MXT's and Surf II Lot's-O-Coil's
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

Nice going guy's....Gotta love those "not much" day's.....Congrat's on the silver and HH!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread