Found a bunch of silver & wheaties today!!!

Mighty AP

Silver Member
Mar 7, 2006
Livin' in a tar-paper shack in the woods of Easter
Detector(s) used
Fisher F70, Whites QXT, Garrett Pro-Pointer, "Mighty" Diggin' Tool
Found a bunch of silver & wheaties today!!!

In my mailbox! Went diggin this mornin fer a couple hours, got a buck & a half in clad..........big deal. Came home & found all this in my mailbox! My ol' man has been thinkin bout me apparantly, he thinks its kinda cool that after 40 some odd years Ive finaly come around to his way of thinkin & started collecting coins. 1912 Barber half, 64' Kennedy half, 67' Kennedy half, 4 silver Washingtons, 3 mercs, 1 silver Roosy, couple steel pennies including one uncirculated, 7 war nickels & a big ol' bag o' wheaties!!! Woohoo! Thanks Pop! ;D

Attachments

• Silver n\' wheat from pop.jpg
    Silver n\' wheat from pop.jpg
    45 KB · Views: 568
Upvote 0

papa

Sep 21, 2006
Re: Found a bunch of silver & wheaties today!!!

I do believe the mail man made a mistake,those were suppose to be in my mail box ;D

coolcash2004

Bronze Member
Jun 9, 2006
Detector(s) used
ACE 250

WOW AP!!! Didnt i hear you coplaining ealier? Or maybe that must have been someone else...

-CC

Bavaria Mike

Gold Member
Feb 7, 2005
Bavaria Germany
Detector(s) used
Minelab XT70, Fisher 1280, Garrett Ace 250 and MH5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Nice present! I received a 1921 Morgan Silver Dollar and a small bag of Wheats from my mother a few months ago, real nice present, I'll wait till I'm snowed in to look through the Wheats for key dates. HH, Mike

papa

Sep 21, 2006

Note to self: Have Mighty AP mail re routed ;D

Michigan Badger

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2005
Northern, Michigan
Detector(s) used
willow stick
Primary Interest:
Other

You give me a great idea Mighty. I could buy coins off ebay, have my buddy the postman open the packages and throw the coins all over our yard. See, we're adding some fill dirt and fixing it for a new lawn.

In a year or so I would have a blast posting all my finds in our yard! And I could say I really was digging them and I didn't plant them. ::)

Think I should throw in some CW relics?

Thanks for the idea.

Badger

hollowpointred

Gold Member
Mar 12, 2005
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE/Garrett GTI 2500/ Ace 250

Michigan Badger said:
You give me a great idea Mighty. I could buy coins off ebay, have my buddy the postman open the packages and throw the coins all over our yard. See, we're adding some fill dirt and fixing it for a new lawn.

In a year or so I would have a blast posting all my finds in our yard! And I could say I really was digging them and I didn't plant them. ::)

Think I should throw in some CW relics?

Thanks for the idea.

Badger

dont forget the wifes jewelry as well! ;D ;D just think about how "happy" she will be when you find her lost stuff!! ;D ;)

J

james 101

that is a great find to come home to any day hh

Mirage

Silver Member
Sep 16, 2005
Cleveland, OH

Cool. That's how I got into metal detecting...coin colleting. Fun hobby. Some nice coins.

Mirage

tabfinder

Jul 9, 2006
Midwest
Detector(s) used
Nocta Simplex

WTG AP! Nice coins....and free to boot! Now ask him for a few gold ones for Christmas.......

shootist

Aug 5, 2006
The hills of central Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Explorer 2

Made a lot of really good finds in my mailbox as well. I did manage to score a couple rolls of wheaties and 20 mercs from my mom last winer,the drawback was I had to hang a ceiling fan,some electrical work and a couple other this and thats. Shes still got several rolls of wheats and a ton of mercs alng with two ceiling fans,one bad receptacle and some other this or that...HH

Postalrevnant

Silver Member
Jul 5, 2006
Mountains

Thats awesome. No one in my family collected before. They all had to sell what they had when silver went up in the 70's to pay bills.

Perhaps I will be the one to be the old man passing down the coins.

Rev

whitesid

Bronze Member
Aug 7, 2006
earth
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

you got a great dad!!! you should really thank him
nice coins

tinpan

Silver Member
Sep 4, 2004
Eaglehawk
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
GPX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Hi A.p nice mail box find and when you went out this morning you found what.I told you not too drink to much coffee ;D ;D ;D

tinpan

civilman1

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
PA-MD
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium LS,White's MXT's and Surf II Lot's-O-Coil's
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

My Dad collected from who know's when....Only problem is that my older Bro. is the coin collector....You gotta cool Pop's.....Congrat's....

OP
OP
Mighty AP

Mighty AP

Silver Member
Mar 7, 2006
Livin' in a tar-paper shack in the woods of Easter
Detector(s) used
Fisher F70, Whites QXT, Garrett Pro-Pointer, "Mighty" Diggin' Tool

tinpan said:
Hi A.p nice mail box find and when you went out this morning you found what.I told you not too drink to much coffee ;D ;D ;D

tinpan

I got caught whizzin' on a fence by an old lady, I dug about $4.00 in clad, struck out diggin jewelry.............no rings today. But, I dug fer about 2 hours then went home fer a bit, thats when I found the box of coins on my porch. Went back to the field for another 2 hours & dug a 1950 wheaty! Thats only my 5th wheat penny in 6 months so I was stoked, my Pops gift gave me some luck I guess. Ive dug a lot of older memorial pennies here, a 1959, a bunch of 60's etc so Ive been thinking there must be silver somewhere. It is a huge area, 2 soccer fields, 2 baseball fields & lots of open areas so............I'll keep goin back & I'll keep diggin. Convinced I'll pull silver up eventualy, eh? ;)
I hope my Pop is around for many years, hell, I hope he outlives me but I also hope I get those coins of his if he doesnt! He is a damn good Joe!!! ;D

Digginman

Silver Member
Mar 12, 2005
Stephens City, Virginia
Detector(s) used
Treasure Ace250 Tesoro Cibola

I had something in my mailbox recently. Wasn't it from a "Mighty AP"?? I believe in fate, AP, do you?? ;)

DM

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread