Made the 1800 Club Finally

deputydawg16

Greenie
Jan 15, 2012
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Went out for about an hour tonight in a new spot really its just an old park but I had never been there. There was a sign not for recreational use no football, lacrosse ect but it didn't say no detecting so I gave it a try. Found my first Mercury dime 1919s then an 1899 Barber dime and then a wheat 1919 then a 1885 Indian and a 1952d wheat. I was so excited finally in the 1800's. A few minutes later one of the Troopers showed up and laughed when he saw it was me, He told me a lady across the road called me in as a suspicious person, she told them an old man bald with a metal detector. I maybe old but not bald lol any way we both could not figure out what was suspicious? It was my best day yet I love my QXT Pro it really sings on the silver and clad. dimes.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 0

JmCraz8

Bronze Member
Apr 2, 2011
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Currently using: XP DEUS, T2 SE and the Garret Carrot lol
Have used: Garret Ace 250, Garret AT Pro, Garret Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Congrats on breaking into the 1800s very cool finds!!!

OP
OP
deputydawg16

deputydawg16

Greenie
Jan 15, 2012
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congrats, and they cleaned up so well.:thumbsup:

Just used dish soap and water I was surprised how good the barber looked right out of the ground the indian on the other hand is green and crusty but I could read the date

Dougshause1

Feb 20, 2012
Virginia Beach,VA.
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Delta 4000,Garrett Pro pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congrats on the nice finds. Next time you hunt that spot wear a ski mask.... Nay..

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread