It was a STAR of a day!!! Possibly 3 more GOOD Confederate buttons for the year!

Devonrex

Jan 6, 2012
SE Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS, Nautilus DMC IIB
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Just got in and just wanted to snap a quick before cleaning picture of my finds. Todays 3 hr dig turned out to be as Confederate as you can get !!! :occasion14: Secured permission on a site I've been trying to get on for several years. I scored 3 buttons (1 overcoat, 1 coat, and 1 cuff) and 1 button back. The largest in at least 25mm and low convex. I have no idea what it is...... BUT the coat button has a big star on it with an I!!!!! I know it is a Mississippi or Texas. Its been 8 years since I found a Mississippi and 20 years since I found a Texas. Needless to say I am elated!!! The cuff button was found next to this button so it could be a goodun too! The scabbard tip was my last signal and I put my shovel through the tip. Oh well, at least it wasn't one of the buttons! It was great to be digging some Confederate brass and lead again. I'll post an addendum later. What a great day!!!! Devonrex:occasion14: Wow!!! A Mississippi "I" Coat, a Virginia coat, and a Virginia cuff!!! Breaks my record for most Confederate buttons found in one day (3). All buttons also have their shanks. The Mississippi has a Hyde and Goodrich N.O. backmark. Confederate button count is now up to 7 for the year!!!

Attachments

• 005.JPG
    005.JPG
    133.1 KB · Views: 139
  • 007.JPG
    007.JPG
    123.9 KB · Views: 132
  • 006.JPG
    006.JPG
    99.9 KB · Views: 132
  • 013.JPG
    013.JPG
    172.9 KB · Views: 154
Last edited:
Upvote 2

silversweeper

Aug 22, 2011
Swampeast Missouri
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac, CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome, can't wait to see the pictures of the finds cleaned up. Hope your buttons turn out spectacularly!

CSA2K

Jan 24, 2012
Winchester VA
Detector(s) used
This Minelab and this Pro-Pointer.. and that's all I need
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I like the way you are so keen to post them, you can't wait until after cleaning & IDing etc...

Shows how much they mean to you, congrats on a good year already.

Gunrunner61

Silver Member
Jan 12, 2011
Dalton,Ga.
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, E Trac, Garrett Pro Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is just an Awesome day of 'tecting. Congrates HH

Steve in PA

Gold Member
Jul 5, 2010
Pittsburgh, PA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, XP Deus, Equinox 600, Fisher 1270
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That Mississippi is as sweet as Tupelo honey!

flyinryan2

Bronze Member
Dec 19, 2011
Winchester, VA.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, 8.5"x11" DD coil, Super Sniper coil, Garrett Ace 250, 10" x 14" DD EXcelerator coil, Pro Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow congrats, some awesome relics.

HomeGuardDan

Bronze Member
Jul 15, 2011
Williamsburg, VA
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds, I would be elated with three CS buttons in a day. Those days don't happen too often these days. I had a double header in March and that was my first multi CS button day in a few years.

Hope you get many more.

Dan

Just got in and just wanted to snap a quick before cleaning picture of my finds. Todays 3 hr dig turned out to be as Confederate as you can get !!! :occasion14: Secured permission on a site I've been trying to get on for several years. I scored 3 buttons (1 overcoat, 1 coat, and 1 cuff) and 1 button back. The largest in at least 25mm and low convex. I have no idea what it is...... BUT the coat button has a big star on it with an I!!!!! I know it is a Mississippi or Texas. Its been 8 years since I found a Mississippi and 20 years since I found a Texas. Needless to say I am elated!!! The cuff button was found next to this button so it could be a goodun too! The scabbard tip was my last signal and I put my shovel through the tip. Oh well, at least it wasn't one of the buttons! It was great to be digging some Confederate brass and lead again. I'll post an addendum later. What a great day!!!! Devonrex:occasion14: Wow!!! A Mississippi "I" Coat, a Virginia coat, and a Virginia cuff!!! Breaks my record for most Confederate buttons found in one day (3). All buttons also have their shanks. The Mississippi has a Hyde and Goodrich N.O. backmark. Confederate button count is now up to 7 for the year!!!

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I like the way you are so keen to post them, you can't wait until after cleaning & IDing etc...

Shows how much they mean to you, congrats on a good year already.

Nothing wrong with prolonging that feeling a bit. You know the one where you know you found something that you have a very good feeling about, but can't quite tell because of dirt or corrosion so you just put it in your pocket until you get home. Of course we all have probbaly had it happen the other way too, have that good feeling only to realize the find wasn't what we had hoped.

Good buttons btw.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread