Not open for further replies.

SmokinJoe

May 31, 2012
Jamesville,NY
Detector(s) used
Garret ACE 250, Garret AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Okay fellas, believe it or not, I recently dug up an 1870 "CC" Seated Liberty Half Dollar. When i found it, i only knew it was a Seated Liberty Half as i didn't want to clean it in the field. Anyway, after doing the "happy dance" for a awhile I headed home to rinse it off and do some research. I knew the seated liberty halves could fetch a few hundred dollars in good shape, so i really was happy as a pig in poop with that. Then while doing some reading i came across the statement "of particular interest to collectors is the rare 1870 Carson City Seated Half.....". Now my hearts beating a tad faster, because after cleaning the mud off it IS an 1870...but what the hell is the Carson City mean?? So after some more googling I find that Carson City was a mint and coins minted there will have a small "CC" on the reverse. Holy !!!!...no friggin way...there it is, right under the eagle's talons..."CC". So now, with my heart really beating and a !!!! eatin' grin on my face, i'm back on Google searching for the value of this coin. OH MY GOD! Never in a million years did i think i could find a single coin worth what this one is. I mean previous to this, i was hoping to find a gold ring worth a couple hundred bucks. I know most of you are going to believe this coin is a fake, or I'm a liar..but rest assured i am not a liar and I've already had an authorized PCGS agent look at it and confirm that he thought it was genuine. Enough so that he offered me 5 grand! Besides, the coin has been sent off to Heritage Auctions so I'll have the proof and the check soon.

Attachments

• _MG_9579.jpg
    _MG_9579.jpg
    78.3 KB · Views: 870
  • back.jpg
    back.jpg
    62 KB · Views: 1,013
  • front.jpg
    front.jpg
    75.7 KB · Views: 735
Upvote 21

ticm

Silver Member
Sep 5, 2007
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i and DFX
Eswanny11 said:
If you guys are so hardcore with rules, then shouldn't this banner thread be deleted? If I'm not mistaken it violates the first rule "You may not.... Post, upload, send personal messages, transmit or otherwise make available any inappropriate, inaccurate, abusive, hateful, vulgar, harassing, obscene, profane, sexually oriented, threatening, or unlawful content."

Isn't the title inaccurate? http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/todays-finds/289974-colonial-gold-coin.html#post2740889
Hey, rules are rules...

BANNER!:occasion14:

All this and at this time you have two post on T-Net

Eswanny11

May 16, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
All this and at this time you have two post on T-Net

What does my post count have to do with anything? WOW you have 1,061 posts. I am extremely happy for you, maybe even a little jealous. I could probably have over 1,000 posts if I posted up every thread with the typical "Great find HH." Instead I just move on to the next thread. Does your post count contribute to your popularity? The ball is in your court....

Last edited by a moderator:

ticm

Silver Member
Sep 5, 2007
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i and DFX
Eswanny11 said:
What does my post count have to do with anything? WOW you have 1,061 posts. I am extremely happy for you, maybe even a little jealous. I could probably have over 1,000 posts if I posted up every thread with the typical "Great find HH." Instead I just move on to the next thread. Does your post count contribute to your popularity? The ball is in your court....

Hell my post count is pretty low considering I joined in 2007. The point is did you join this fine site to knock it down. You don't have to like the rules here. There are a hundred other sites you can log onto. I am pretty sure if you asked the mods they would tell you I am border lined to get banned for a while. I don't always play nice.

Last edited by a moderator:

Eswanny11

May 16, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hell my post count is pretty low considering I joined in 2007. The point is did you join this fine site to knock it down. You don't have to like the rules here. There are a hundred other sites you can log onto. I am pretty sure if you asked the mods they would tell you I am border lined to get banned for a while. I don't always play nice.

No, actually I was stating a fact. I really don't care if I get banned and I don't care how you play. Congrats you are at 1,066. We are all so proud of you!

ticm

Silver Member
Sep 5, 2007
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i and DFX
Eswanny11 said:
No, actually I was stating a fact. I really don't care if I get banned and I don't care how you play. Congrats you are at 1,066. We are all so proud of you!

LMAO

What are your facts. Facts can be proved. So tell us what you have proved

ticm

Silver Member
Sep 5, 2007
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i and DFX
Eswanny11 said:
If you guys are so hardcore with rules, then shouldn't this banner thread be deleted? If I'm not mistaken it violates the first rule "You may not.... Post, upload, send personal messages, transmit or otherwise make available any inappropriate, inaccurate, abusive, hateful, vulgar, harassing, obscene, profane, sexually oriented, threatening, or unlawful content."

Isn't the title inaccurate? http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/todays-finds/289974-colonial-gold-coin.html#post2740889
Hey, rules are rules...

BANNER!:occasion14:

Well it looks like your on your way

gunner45

May 12, 2012
Bedford PA
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Ticm is right, this thread has been here a while and you jump the gun at the end when all rules have been established. Are you wishing to make a name for yourself? Is so, you failed a it. Rules are rules and if they weren't there then there's no sense in having the banner. Do us a favor and let your steam off somewhere else, it's not that big a deal!
Also remember, there's another authority that say's " a soft answer turneth away wrath"

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I'm with ticm, it's nothing to do with post count but what you have to say or post & you are not making ANY friends.!"

If you can give me any good reason why the poster does not want to answer on here but only by Pm, then explain away?

I have my answers from the poster (via PM, interestingly not on the www. & I never break confidence) & although the MODs make a valid statement about US Law, they seem to ignore it when I point it out from a European angle that some on here have clearly broken, with proof, it's time for our first Euro MOD, email if you agree?
I was told by the MODs that legal matters are not important on posts, specially after my question on a French post, so why do they matter on the US post, & why do my questions bother anyone? (My last post was to a replier, & not the poster) So 1 rule for 1 & another for others. However, I understand you are US sponsored, so stick to your rules & free speech & ban me if you wish. But if you think I'm not going to ask the obivious moral questions than think again & I will post elsewhere, where morals matters & LEGAL moderation is taken seriously.
Clearly I speak BS.

STATED WITH RESPECT.

The 'CRUSADER'.

Last edited:

Just some Guy

Dec 28, 2011
Ukiah CA.
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ5, Whites 6000 DIPro, Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Sorry I did not notice how long the thread was my bad,

Dan

OP
OP
S

SmokinJoe

May 31, 2012
Jamesville,NY
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
@Crusader: Enough already man! It is none of your business what anyone on here does with their finds. I sent you a PM (that stands for PRIVATE MESSAGE) and answered your questions. Why do you have to come on here and divulge that fact. Just let it go, you've done nothing but clog this thread up with your own personal peeves. How many times do you have to be told that here in America we are not subject to the same rules and regulations as you. You have basically been on here ranting away calling Americans greedy, and that we'll have to answer to GOD himself for it. What's next? Am i going to burn in hell? I'm an atheist, and i sleep just fine at night. Your posts on this thread have left me feeling badgered and harrassed.

OP
OP
S

SmokinJoe

May 31, 2012
Jamesville,NY
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
@moderator: Feel free to lock this thread. The coin auction starts tommorrow for those interested.

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
SmokinJoe,thanks for sharing your find, its the kind that keeps us excited about detecting. Congrats!

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
@Crusader: Enough already man! It is none of your business what anyone on here does with their finds. I sent you a PM (that stands for PRIVATE MESSAGE) and answered your questions. Why do you have to come on here and divulge that fact. Just let it go, you've done nothing but clog this thread up with your own personal peeves. How many times do you have to be told that here in America we are not subject to the same rules and regulations as you. You have basically been on here ranting away calling Americans greedy, and that we'll have to answer to GOD himself for it. What's next? Am i going to burn in hell? I'm an atheist, and i sleep just fine at night. Your posts on this thread have left me feeling badgered and harrassed.

:laughing9: Would you prefer me to say 'good find'?
If you post on the WWW. expect questions, if you can't answer them, then?
I answer all,,,,but maybe I'm the freak, so be it,,,,,,,,,,,,

If you think this is dogging, then report it, I think it's a fair question which you fail to answer. WHY?

Last edited:

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
@moderator: Feel free to lock this thread. The coin auction starts tommorrow for those interested.

Will do Joe, let me know when you want it unlocked to post the results if you want to let anyone know...............

Crausader, what your doing could be considered harressement by the rules and so the moderators.....He has answer your question several times and we have answered it as well... In THIS country what he is doing is legal, so leave it alone.....

"You may not.... Post, upload, send personal messages, transmit or otherwise make available any inappropriate, inaccurate, abusive, hateful, vulgar, harassing, obscene, profane, sexually oriented, threatening, or unlawful content."

"Don't attack, provoke, insult, or deliberately offend anyone.

All members are equal, regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, education, or experience. Never take a superior tone with, or "talk down" to, anyone.

TreasureNet may not be used as a springboard to launch personal attacks of any kind.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thread is locked at SmokinJoe's request.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread