seekandfind

Jul 7, 2012
northwest Indiana
Detector(s) used
bounty hunter 101/505
ace 350
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Alright its me and my bh tracker,1-d/505 (toy). I kinda lost faith because it went haywire on me beeping at everything, (batteries?) no their new, settings no tried various settings, hell this machine is so sensitve it would beep pointing up in the sky (detected flyby satellites)lol. Anyway I was reading the forum etc., and come upon some info that says to tape the wire wrapped around the pole dif there is a lot of slack. Huh look at that lots!!! of slack. been adjusting the height back and forth for my four year old daughter to use. So I am going to tape the cable to the stalk and we will see what happens, maybe this information can help some others with the cheaper models like I have. Good hunting everybody and remember those are satelites when your detector is pointed skyward and going off.lol P.S. the info I read was for better machines and he said he taped only three inches down from the detection box now wheres my ducttape(100 mph) tape at damit ooooh my machines gonna be 5lbs. heavier (lol let ya know the outcome later) HH

Upvote 0

cactusrat

Jun 27, 2012
South Texas
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
If you could get one of them satellites in your finds bag, that would be some big $$$$.:laughing7: LOL!

Hope the flapping wire fixes your problem.

GL&HH

g-olden years

Silver Member
Nov 10, 2010
California
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Hilarious! Hope when you head back out with cord all taped up your machine will make wonderful finds. The BH that my son & I share hasn't had this problem, and has kindly found us gold rings & chains, good bit of silver, old coins, and other goodies, both shallow and deep. It even survived my neglectfully letting a wave crash over the electronics box while answering a tourist's questions. When I fearfully turned our BH back on, nothing, no sound, dead machine. But as soon as I got home, I took the electronics box apart, shook out water & then tediously wiped out sand with q-tips & toothpicks, dried the box gently with hair-dryer, and viola! Worked fine! Never turned my back to the surf after that! Have fun! Andi

AC1955

Bronze Member
Apr 22, 2012
New Hampshire & Maine
Detector(s) used
V3i, Excalibur II, White's M6, Coinmaster, Teknetics EurotekPro, White's Surfmaster PI
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Instead of tape, try velcro. We velcro our cable in 2 or 3 places along the pole. Not permanent so you can change height for your daughter. Also velcro leaves no sticky residue if you want to remove it. Just a thought....

oldsalty19

Silver Member
May 29, 2011
NE Ohio
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 350 and AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:icon_scratch: why would you post that info on "Todays finds"........???????????????

Gunrunner61

Silver Member
Jan 12, 2011
Dalton,Ga.
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, E Trac, Garrett Pro Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Only 7 posts he's still a'learning...............HH

Guam

Tenderfoot
Aug 8, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have seen a setup on a Garret Ace 250 where the guy ran his coil wire straight up the shaft about 18"-24" and then zip-tied it and wound it the rest of the way to the control box. He claimed it made the Ace 250 more stable and it stopped falsing. He said the Ace 250 was so sensitive it was falsing on it's own coil wire. Maybe your BH is falsing on it's own coil wire? Take a look at these two brother's setup and maybe try that...

50 caliber beach bullet!!! - Friendly Metal Detecting Forums

And I agree with securing your coil wire no matter how you set it up. If the wire is flapping around, your gonna get a ton of falsing. Good luck and happy hunting...

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread