They spent all their money on harmonicas

TNGUNS

Bronze Member
Jun 23, 2012
Evensville, Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Whites 5900, Fisher 1266x, Tesoro Eldorado, Tesoro Silver Sabre, Whites Eagle Spectrum, Teknetics G2, Teknetics T2, Vibra-Probe 580
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Back at the same ole convenient home site today. Penny buttons, shotgun brass, mason jar lids, 3 ringer and 5 harmonica reeds in about 2 hours. Not one coin from the site yet in several hunts. I would say I have dug no less than 15 harmonica reed plates total. Guess the harmonicas took all their money.:BangHead:

Upvote 0
OP
OP
TNGUNS

TNGUNS

Bronze Member
Jun 23, 2012
Evensville, Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Whites 5900, Fisher 1266x, Tesoro Eldorado, Tesoro Silver Sabre, Whites Eagle Spectrum, Teknetics G2, Teknetics T2, Vibra-Probe 580
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ha......would make more sense. I think my G2 has a coin allergy. I am about 40 miles north of Chattanooga.

curbdiggercarl57

Silver Member
Nov 19, 2007
Largo, Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites Silver Eagle, DFX, Shadow X-2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you are finding that much large brass, the little stuff just gots ta be there.
Carl

OP
OP
TNGUNS

TNGUNS

Bronze Member
Jun 23, 2012
Evensville, Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have found tons of little brass and copper. I really believe the second home site ( on the same farm ) must have had a coppersmith or something living there. Tons of little brass and or copper clippings. I have found several little tags for lack of a better term but none have anything on them. My only issue with the G2 is the fact that you dig so many tiny finds that really boom in there. I did not list it above but dug another percussion cap yesterday as well. Even lead shot. Love the fact that it is so sensitive but you better like digging the little stuff. I really do not believe it has ever been hunted but just cant get over no coins. :dontknow:

IAMZIM

Bronze Member
Apr 23, 2011
Butte City, Montana
Detector(s) used
ace 250/garret pinpointer, garret AT Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The main sight I have been hunting had its peak from 1880-1890, and I decided that it was the law for every man, woman, and child to own a harmonica. I have literally found over 30 harmonica reeds of different shapes and sizes as well as whole harmonicas. Ive kept the really nice examples and the unusual ones and one day will put them in a shadowbox by themselves, (since there are so many) but the other ones I threw into my brass bin. Last year I turned in my brass junk finds and got $80 bucks to put toward gas for future hunts!

OP
OP
TNGUNS

TNGUNS

Bronze Member
Jun 23, 2012
Evensville, Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good Idea on brass stuff. I have dug some 1lb plus chunks of brass or copper at site 2 . Think I posted at least one in pics. Did get a reed holder yesterday that was chrome on one side and looked much newer. Don't remember if I have dug one like it before. I guess with no TV or radio the kids had to make some kind of noise to aggrivate Mom and Dad. Harmonica was a cheaper way to go vs Tuba.:tongue3:

GaRebel1861

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2011
South Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Back at the same ole convenient home site today. Penny buttons, shotgun brass, mason jar lids, 3 ringer and 5 harmonica reeds in about 2 hours. Not one coin from the site yet in several hunts. I would say I have dug no less than 15 harmonica reed plates total. Guess the harmonicas took all their money.:BangHead:

Maybe they grew tired of "Whistling Dixie" and bought the harmonicas!:laughing7:

Rick (Nova Scotia)

Silver Member
May 8, 2008
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Omega, F75, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I had a site like that once, all kinds of old stuff, buttons, bells, buckles, jews harp, but not one single coin.
Money was tight for sure in colonial times,

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions