Silver Member
Feb 10, 2009
Morehead City / Newport NC
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Maybe both.:laughing7: Went back home yesterday to see my Dad,while there I ran by my late grandfathers house to see how time is working on the old place.It's amazing how fast a house begins to fall apart once it's not being used.Anyway while there I was looking around the property & remebered a old shead in a photo that I had & where it once stood.So I was looking around in that area when I saw the end of the pipe wrench (handle part) laying in some of the last few bit of the barn/shed.When I grabed it I had no idea the size,man the more I pulled the longer & bigger it got.:laughing7: What a man killer 4ft long 1 foot jaw width.Don't have a clue what he was doing with it.:icon_scratch: He done alot of gardening but hell I could flip the whole old tractor over useing this wrench.:laughing7: Anyway I've seen one of the crazy shows awhile back not sure which one now (pickers,diggers)but it made me think of this find.I think I can get it cleaned up & working again with a little time.Also found a pot or something that I had missed before doing my looking in the old barn that is still standing.Looks like a fancy flower pot.Heavy for it's size.Looks to have a little age it self.:icon_scratch:

Also posted a thread last night when we got back of the indian artifacts me & dad have found over the years instead of posting all the pics. again you can see here.......................

http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/american-indian-artifacts/306404-combined-80yrs-worth.html

Take Care,
Pete,:hello:

Attachments

• 001.JPG
    001.JPG
    91.1 KB · Views: 116
  • 002.JPG
    002.JPG
    100.9 KB · Views: 107
  • 003.JPG
    003.JPG
    112.7 KB · Views: 114
  • 004.JPG
    004.JPG
    113.2 KB · Views: 110
  • 005.JPG
    005.JPG
    114.7 KB · Views: 105
  • 006.JPG
    006.JPG
    120.7 KB · Views: 107
  • 007.JPG
    007.JPG
    95.7 KB · Views: 116
  • 008.JPG
    008.JPG
    93.4 KB · Views: 117
Upvote 0

cti4sw

Bronze Member
Jul 2, 2012
Pennsylvania
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600, Garrett AT Pro, Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
That flower pot looks interesting. Anytime I see something like that with that kind of detail worked into it I think it's either modern and expensive (because such craftsmanship usually is) or it's old (because craftsmanship was a matter of pride back then and such work was the norm).

I have no idea why - short of the petroleum industry - anyone would need a pipe wrench that large. :icon_scratch:
Was your grandfather related to John Bunyan? :laughing9:

OP
OP
timekiller

timekiller

Silver Member
Feb 10, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That flower pot looks interesting. Anytime I see something like that with that kind of detail worked into it I think it's either modern and expensive (because such craftsmanship usually is) or it's old (because craftsmanship was a matter of pride back then and such work was the norm).

I have no idea why - short of the petroleum industry - anyone would need a pipe wrench that large. :icon_scratch:
Was your grandfather related to John Bunyan? :laughing9:
Not sure,but he was in WW2,& was a man no doubt about it.Believed in hard work but in the same respect was as kind as they came.
Take Care,
Pete,:hello:

jewelerguy

Gold Member
Jun 28, 2011
Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
American Diggers would probably ask at least 50,000 dollars for those relics

northcal

Sep 17, 2008
Northern CA
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ-21/
Garrett ATGold/
Garrett ProPointer/
Lesche Digger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice. New that pipe wrench would cost $200 bucks.
Nice old pot too.

Northcal

OP
OP
timekiller

timekiller

Silver Member
Feb 10, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac