Found a $62.40 bill in the ground!

halfdime

Silver Member
Oct 31, 2006
Zelienople
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
On vacation last week, I didn't vacate my detector! Research beforehand turned up some sites that looked promising and I cashed in (so to speak). At one site, I wasn't finding much and concluded that it had been searched before; I reached this conclusion after doing a thorough search of a big enough area that something should have turned up. Nearly out of time, I wandered aimlessly around and got a pull tab signal. This, of course, turned out to be a ring and it had a stone in it! The 10K was pretty plain, and I knew of a jeweler where I was staying who could check out the stone. Alas, he said it was CZ, but said to have it checked. He also thought it would bring $50-60, and he was nearly right on both counts. I took the ring in to sell and the CZ was confirmed; I was pleased with the offer of $62.40 for the gold! We're having camera issues, so I didn't get a picture, but it's only a CZ; when I sell one for $6240 I'll make sure everyone sees it! I did ask permission at another very interesting site but couldn't get it. I did have a very interesting chat with the owner, but couldn't get him to change his mind. Maybe I'll ask again next year.

Upvote 0

AC1955

Bronze Member
Apr 22, 2012
New Hampshire & Maine
Detector(s) used
V3i, Excalibur II, White's M6, Coinmaster, Teknetics EurotekPro, White's Surfmaster PI
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
CZ find...not as cool as diamonds, but I'll take it any day! Hope you had a great vacation.

HH,
Anita

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread