Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-MAX
Garrett AT-PRO,
Garrett Groundhog,
Pro-Pointer,

Jack Hammer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was hunting a park the other day and one of the grass cutters came over to me and said he wasn't sure I should be digging the ground up in the park. After all, he works very hard to keep it looking nice. (jealousy? that I dont work? ;) )

Anyway, I thanked him very much for his hard work, complimented him for the wonderful job he's been doing, told him I would definitely check in with the park management to make sure it was STILL ok for me to hunt there. (Like I have been doing since way before the groundskeeper had been born. LOL!)

But, in the meantime, I've decided to use a new digger.

Whatcha think?

HH!

Attachments

• NEWDIGGER.jpg
    NEWDIGGER.jpg
    13.3 KB · Views: 102
Upvote 0

gold nuggets

Bronze Member
Apr 5, 2008
Springfield, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Explorer SE, Pro coil inline probe. Also the Excal II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'll bet that grounds-keeper would "have-a-cow" if
you were in HIS park with that iron!! :laughing9:
Gold Nuggets :hello:

OP
OP
WHADIFIND

WHADIFIND

Gold Member
Apr 9, 2012
South of the Mason-Dixon Line
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-MAX
Garrett AT-PRO,
Garrett Groundhog,
Pro-Pointer,

Jack Hammer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'll bet that grounds-keeper would "have-a-cow" if
you were in HIS park with that iron!! :laughing9:
Gold Nuggets :hello:

As we talked, I was looking around at 3 golfers practicing in the park. :)

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I know what you mean. I've seen that too.....in fact, I've also seen areas where people play soccer and other sports where the grass is completely worn away and down to the bare dirt. But they think that's ok......but if we so much as stick a probe in the ground, we're vandals.

Chisos

Aug 29, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'd go with a five iron. You can hit the pull tabs farther. Next time ask the "lawn lord" who died and left him in charge.

dholland02

Bronze Member
Jan 15, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace250
Minelab Safari
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I woulda asked were the sign that said no detecting

GaRebel1861

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2011
South Carolina
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You know as well as the rest of us that there are people in this world who just cannot stand the sight or thought of someone enjoying themselves. Tell him to pack sand!:laughing7:

coinhound1983

Aug 22, 2012
Had a guy hiding behinde an oak tree calling the police because of me MD"ing a park I've loved near for 20yrs.. Haha. I am now banned as well .. Oh how time and new subdivisions change things. :(

dholland02

Bronze Member
Jan 15, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace250
Minelab Safari
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
coinhound1983 said:
Had a guy hiding behinde an oak tree calling the police because of me MD"ing a park I've loved near for 20yrs.. Haha. I am now banned as well .. Oh how time and new subdivisions change things. :(

Sounds like someone that's retired with nothing to do and that wanted to be s cop when he was younger. Got a few of them in my area people need to get a life lol

OP
OP
WHADIFIND

WHADIFIND

Gold Member
Apr 9, 2012
South of the Mason-Dixon Line
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-MAX
Garrett AT-PRO,
Garrett Groundhog,
Pro-Pointer,

Jack Hammer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Now, don't get me wrong. This young man was just as polite as can be. He looked like he didn't want to say anything and maybe he was just new and trying to figure out what he was supposed to do.

He seemed to brighten a bit when I complimented his work. Also, after we talked he went back to his job and I, to mine. ;) Hunted until I was tired, then, went home. I didn't stop and have no plans to either. If a sign goes up, I'll respect it as always but I WILL go to the head of the park and asked for special permission to continue my "pursuit of happiness".

Ya see, confrontation doesn't HAVE to be ugly.

HH!

worldtalker

Gold Member
May 11, 2011
Western Mass.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
All the Parks and Schools ground keepers know me,heck,I got one of em huntin now,He's 68,a little impatient,but He's finding more as He learns,found a lot of Nice stuff out of them grounds,and, I ain't stopping!! God Bless Chris

cjon455

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2012
Northeast PA
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Garrett Propointer
Garrett Propointer-AT
Sampson T handle shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i say pull out the post hole diggers, just sayin

dholland02

Bronze Member
Jan 15, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace250
Minelab Safari
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just keep hittin it hard till the guy goes any tells someone

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Was hunting with best detecting partner(daughter) who covers my well being, wearing headphones and she didn,t tell me when some ummm caring person said we were killing the grass. Mind you we are picky about concealing where we have been. Had she told me this person at concession stand had a complaint i would (mind you i know i represent other detectorist) have told her the concrete her fat person was standing on that wasn,t there when i was a kid was not helping the grass either and if she liked she could come show me what damage i had caused that would be noticeable after drying. Kid just ignored her though.
Played cat and mouse at a park with mowers and hunted others where damage to sod far greater than what i was doing. Also one this past spring where skunks were tearing it up. It heals. Keep hunting. Good you tried to be nice. .
Not here to poop on it,just reach through it on occasion. Save mower blades on trash topside!.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread