the bone

Jul 8, 2012
michigan
Detector(s) used
bounty hunter tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
didn't get out much broke my digger

But I've got it pretty much bullet proof now. The finds are just some clad, a square head copper roofing nail?, a junk earring, and of course the usual pounds of can slaw that didn't make the cut I also found what i think is an old wick holder to an oil lamp but i can't find it anywhere right now! P.s there was more clad but it made it into the vending machine at work! Rhones first day of preschool 007.JPG

Upvote 1
OP
OP
the bone

the bone

Jul 8, 2012
michigan
Detector(s) used
bounty hunter tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
lol not anymore! It was originally a fiskars handle. it broke on a day i was going to be able to detect pretty much all day long and of course the second hole i snap it I was so mad i drove home went down to my basement took apart one of my pipe bombs and welded it onto my digger. :laughing7: just kidding about the pipe bombs people!

ticm

Silver Member
Sep 5, 2007
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i and DFX
the bone said:
lol not anymore! It was originally a fiskars handle. it broke on a day i was going to be able to detect pretty much all day long and of course the second hole i snap it I was so mad i drove home went down to my basement took apart one of my pipe bombs and welded it onto my digger. :laughing7: just kidding about the pipe bombs people!

Or was he kidding?

MrSchulz

Bronze Member
Mar 29, 2012
DeWitt, Iowa
Detector(s) used
Ace 250, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV, Custom Recovery tools, Nupla Prb4t Soil Probe 60 IN,
Primary Interest:
Other
Looks like that won't break for a while. In the meantime, have fun with your pipe bombs. :occasion14:

Blskypilot

Jan 24, 2012
Detector(s) used
Infinium ls
At pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I has one of those fiskars before I got my lesche. I'd pull that welder back out and fill in the v at the tip. Its actually a pretty good blade and I like your ingenuity. Looks bulletproof now.

OP
OP
the bone

the bone

Jul 8, 2012
michigan
Detector(s) used
bounty hunter tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I hate that v at the tip too i have no idea why they thought that was a good idea. I however am not boss enough with the welder fill the v and have it look good enough not to bother me even with extensive grinding. i plan on getting a lesche soon any way because the fiskars is good for cutting plugs but not so good for moving loose dirt and the lesche looks like you can also use it as a scoop pretty well.

WHADIFIND

Gold Member
Apr 9, 2012
South of the Mason-Dixon Line
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-MAX
Garrett AT-PRO,
Garrett Groundhog,
Pro-Pointer,

Jack Hammer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
But I've got it pretty much bullet proof now. The finds are just some clad, a square head copper roofing nail?, a junk earring, and of course the usual pounds of can slaw that didn't make the cut I also found what i think is an old wick holder to an oil lamp but i can't find it anywhere right now! P.s there was more clad but it made it into the vending machine at work! View attachment 678744

Makes me feel better about my decision to buy 2 diggers. LOL I keep one in the car for backup. You know, like for emergencies like one breaking but mostly for the time I drive all the way there and discover I left my digger home! :tongue3:

But, about the wick holder you can't find anywhere? All newbies should be told about the aspect of these finds we dig up. They are in the ground for a reason! BECAUSE, they don't want to be found! ;) Don't believe me? Start watching how any find you dig up tries to get away again. Jumping out of your hand while you're looking at it, or falling through a crack that is precision made for the exact size of the find, or when it hits the ground/floor watch just how far it tries to run!!! LOL

HH!

JavaDetector

Greenie
Sep 21, 2012
Dayton/ Old River- Winfree TX
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
JUST did this myself! Came home and made my new one. If I ever decide to stop hunting I can use it for punching holes in tanks. Much like yours though, it now weighs more than all the rest of my carry stuff combined.....lol

WHADIFIND

Gold Member
Apr 9, 2012
South of the Mason-Dixon Line
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-MAX
Garrett AT-PRO,
Garrett Groundhog,
Pro-Pointer,

Jack Hammer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
But I've got it pretty much bullet proof now. The finds are just some clad, a square head copper roofing nail?, a junk earring, and of course the usual pounds of can slaw that didn't make the cut I also found what i think is an old wick holder to an oil lamp but i can't find it anywhere right now! P.s there was more clad but it made it into the vending machine at work!

Also, you'll now be able to hunt this winter. Just turn the knife around and crack the ice! :)

HH!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread