Out detecting and found a parrot ....

Ifoundit69

Saving the past one find at a time !
Dec 5, 2007
Lancaster ,VA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Whites Spectrum Xlt ,Fisher 1270, Fisher F5 ,Fisher F2, , Ctx 3030 ,Nokta Anfibio,Minelab Safari
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Out detecting and found a parrot ....Updated pics

Hey fellow tnetter's , thought id post this real quick ... I honestly have to say this has been a awesome year for the finds ! Although its been alot of research alot of door knocking and alot of swinging it has truely paid off with some awesome finds ..

I got off work early yesterday and had a few hours to kill before heading home , so I thought id stop by the place i found the mullane shell two weeks back . I actually took DHD with me last weekend and we both scored some artillery frags . I had been there about 2 hours with nothing more than a few frags so I thought id move out towards the road to a different field and while swinging along I heard that familiar sound, ring through my head phones that deep kind of iffy sound bouncing around from plus to minus . So I dug down about 10 inches and put my pinpointer in the hole as it sounded off loudly I crossed my fingers and dug down a few more inches to reveal a rounded shape peice of metal as I dug down further with high hopes sure enough I just scored my second artillery shell I beleive this one to be a parrot shell I still need to clean it off and check with my buddy cannonballguy to verify, he has been a big help with my new finds ! I also scored a nice dropped .69 cal and what looks to be pieces to a colonial style buckle and also a lead plug looking thing not sure what it is so any thoughts are welcome .. thanks for looking

Got some updated pics of before and after and a picture with all the artillery stuff ive found in the last month . And I have to say ive done alot of digging this month ,all metal mode digging every single signal and I really put my XLT to work screaming at 12 on the gain ,but it did pay off even with the 9.5 coil I still have the 15 inch bluemax . The two shells I let them cook for 30 hours . Cannonballguy gave me a link to a very helpful site for artillery ,cleaning and preserving . I changed my set up on the electrolysis and it works alot better , I switch to a computer power supply as it has a 5 volt wire running at 3 amps which is perfect and I used to boil the baking soda down to powder for pure sodium carbinate but after reading about it some more I just put two cups straight from the box in about 3 gallons of water and I used 1/4 copper coil inside my bucket and man what a difference ... So thanks for looking and hopefully ill have some more to show everybody soon .... rsz_img_20120908_164659.jpg rsz_21st_3.jpg rsz_img_20120923_113544.jpg

Attachments

• 21st.jpg
    21st.jpg
    410.6 KB · Views: 95
  • 21st 4.jpg
    21st 4.jpg
    387.3 KB · Views: 93
  • 21st 5.jpg
    21st 5.jpg
    379.9 KB · Views: 106
  • 21st 3.jpg
    21st 3.jpg
    388.1 KB · Views: 101
  • 21st 2.jpg
    21st 2.jpg
    404.5 KB · Views: 95
Last edited:
Upvote 2

VOL1266-X

Gold Member
Jan 10, 2007
Northern Middle Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1266-X, F75 X 2
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Super find and Cannonball Guy will tell you to be careful with it. You have had an incredible late summer hunting. WTG, Quindy.

oldsalty19

Silver Member
May 29, 2011
NE Ohio
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 350 and AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hell-of-a shell......great find

OP
OP
Ifoundit69

Ifoundit69

Saving the past one find at a time !
Dec 5, 2007
Lancaster ,VA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Whites Spectrum Xlt ,Fisher 1270, Fisher F5 ,Fisher F2, , Ctx 3030 ,Nokta Anfibio,Minelab Safari
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I cant wait till the ground gets some rain and fall is in full swing . I will post some more pics of the shells and frags when I get them all cleaned up and presentable I must say I feel very honored to be the first person to see these shells since they were loaded in the ordinance gun and fired 150 years ago ! And thank you for all the kind comments on my finds I enjoy saving history and being able to pay tribute to those who fought and gave there lives ...

RON (PA)

Silver Member
Sep 9, 2004
Pittsburgh, Pa
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Compadre & Tiger Shark
That is an awesome find you have. Great job. I would love to see before and after pictures of cleaning and restoring. You deserve a cold one :occasion14:.

BuckleBoy

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2006
Moonlight and Magnolias
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Whites DualField PI, Fisher 1266-X and Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is a killer find. Still on my list after all these years, despite lots of digging in all the right areas. Just very little to no artillery in the places I've hunted. Congrats!

-Buck

NolanTheExplorer

May 11, 2011
Virginia
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, AT Max, ProPointer, Ace 250, GTA 1250, Radio Shack Bounty Hunter, Eye Balls, Intuition, Instinct.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Nice work man

got2dig

Bronze Member
Feb 9, 2012
Mid-Tenn
Detector(s) used
XLT
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Good hunting man, I'am like you all metal you got2dig.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread