Not worthy

JDug

Aug 15, 2012
Frederick Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
White's V3I , Minelab CTX 3030 , Cibola, Deus, ATPro, GPX 5000. 4800, 4500, & 3500.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I did a lot of driving and door knocking today, with no luck. I ended up at 1 of my old spots, with a little luck.

image-387117158.jpg

image-4036932893.jpg

Upvote 0
OP
OP
JDug

JDug

Aug 15, 2012
Frederick Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
White's V3I , Minelab CTX 3030 , Cibola, Deus, ATPro, GPX 5000. 4800, 4500, & 3500.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Tnmountains said:
showing lead and how deep?

It's a tack size flat button , a foot deep, along with a bullet, a rivet, a chunk of brass, and ????

OP
OP
JDug

JDug

Aug 15, 2012
Frederick Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Calvin.Coin said:
How do people react when you knock on the door?

sincerely,
cc

It's really hit or miss, you just never know. Today 1 shut the door in my face, and the other was just annoyed and wouldn't even look at me. Some people are really nice though, today was just a bad day. I gambled the long drive would pay off and I lost.

CoilFisher

Jul 17, 2011
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
How do people react when you knock on the door?

sincerely,
cc

Well...think about it...Would you want anyone to dig holes in your yard? :lightbulb:
I know I wouldn't. Get real.

I think cornfields, sidewalk strips, and vacant lots might be permission more easily obtained.

archer63

Jan 31, 2012
ardmore,okla
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hey the door to door thing works great as long as you dont look like a bum and your polite and if they havent been watching american diggers lol, cant say how many times ive heard that

OP
OP
JDug

JDug

Aug 15, 2012
Frederick Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
CoilFisher said:
Well...think about it...Would you want anyone to dig holes in your yard? :lightbulb:
I know I wouldn't. Get real.

I think cornfields, sidewalk strips, and vacant lots might be permission more easily obtained.
Lighten up,

No one was even talking about digging in yards, but it has been done. I found my 1st large cent in a womens front yard.

VaMark

Jun 3, 2012
Shenandoah Valley, VA
Detector(s) used
GPX 5000, XP Deus, AT Pro, Silver U-Maxx, Pro Pointer AT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's really hit or miss, you just never know. Today 1 shut the door in my face, and the other was just annoyed and wouldn't even look at me. Some people are really nice though, today was just a bad day. I gambled the long drive would pay off and I lost.

Wow, shut the door in your face.. that's pretty harsh must be a real friendly sort. Good candidate for the flaming bag of pig crap on there porch trick at Halloween!:laughing7:
It's hard to ask permission but sometimes it pays off. At least you had a back up plan and didn't come home empty handed.

OP
OP
JDug

JDug

Aug 15, 2012
Frederick Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
VaMark said:
Wow, shut the door in your face.. that's pretty harsh must be a real friendly sort. Good candidate for the flaming bag of pig crap on there porch trick at Halloween!:laughing7:
It's hard to ask permission but sometimes it pays off. At least you had a back up plan and didn't come home empty handed.

My opening line is always , Hi , I apologize for showing up at your door unannounced , I hope I'm not disturbing you.
From there it can change. I try not to mention the word digging though. This guy was just having a bad day , I guess.

archer63

Jan 31, 2012
ardmore,okla
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well we do most of our digging in town in yards found a I.T. Trade token 10-20-12. Worth upwards of 500$.

OP
OP
JDug

JDug

Aug 15, 2012
Frederick Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
archer63 said:
Well we do most of our digging in town in yards found a I.T. Trade token 10-20-12. Worth upwards of 500$.

Nice. Did you make the banner?

cjon455

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2012
Northeast PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Garrett Propointer
Garrett Propointer-AT
Sampson T handle shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ok i gotta add my two cents lol, I asked a pastor for permission to detect a church owned property that had a house on it about to be torn down in the coming days, all he said was "sorry but someone from the congregation already swept through it" that was his polite way of saying NOPE, i replied with "mind if i try anyway" to which he said " I dont think its a good idea", I politely said thanks anyway, and walked away thinking of how bad i wanted to give my opinion of churches and pastors and congregations with crappy detectors, lol theres my rant for the day!

OP
OP
JDug

JDug

Aug 15, 2012
Frederick Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
ok i gotta add my two cents lol, I asked a pastor for permission to detect a church owned property that had a house on it about to be torn down in the coming days, all he said was "sorry but someone from the congregation already swept through it" that was his polite way of saying NOPE, i replied with "mind if i try anyway" to which he said " I dont think its a good idea", I politely said thanks anyway, and walked away thinking of how bad i wanted to give my opinion of churches and pastors and congregations with crappy detectors, lol theres my rant for the day!
Lol. I really wish I could just get a flat no sometimes. I drove 2 hours one way Sunday to ask permission at a Calvary skirmish site. I was told no one knows who owns that property. After a few hours of research today I found out who owns the property. It was the guy who said no one knows.....
Grrrrr!

cjon455

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2012
Northeast PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Garrett Propointer
Garrett Propointer-AT
Sampson T handle shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Lol. I really wish I could just get a flat no sometimes. I drove 2 hours one way Sunday to ask permission at a Calvary skirmish site. I was told no one knows who owns that property. After a few hours of research today I found out who owns the property. It was the guy who said no one knows.....
Grrrrr!

so go back and tell him u know he owns it and ask again lol:laughing7:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions