1/4 Rupee silver colonial coin and nice horse tack

scaupus

Apr 20, 2011
Not too far from a beach
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
1/4 Rupee silver colonial coin and brass bull snaps +
I detected an Everglades island today, now a city park (albeit, a very horsey city dedicated to rodeo and horse ranches). A park ranger drove by within 20 yards of me. They've never bothered me there, but this was the first time I was right out in the open field right by the parking lot. There's a very old oak right there, and under it's broad spreading limbs are 2 posts for training horses, is what I think they are. Also a regular hitching bar like in the movies, about 6' wide.

I found the 3 brass bull snaps, used to attach a lead to a horse halter, under the tree near the posts, they were all shackled in a row. The other is a Panic Shackle. It releases under pressure.

The 1945 English colonial India 1/4 rupee was also under the tree. It's exactly the size of a US penny, and it's .500 silver. Too bad there's a hole in it...but if there weren't I guess I wouldn't have found it there.

Notice that George VI (the current Queen Elizabeth's father, for you young'uns) is identified on this colonial coin as "emperor."
rupee reverse.JPG

Attachments

• swivels horse.JPG
    swivels horse.JPG
    100.1 KB · Views: 133
  • rupee obverse.JPG
    rupee obverse.JPG
    177.1 KB · Views: 296
Last edited:
Upvote 1

matt092079

Bronze Member
Nov 21, 2011
Charles Town, WV
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 with 11" DD coil, Garrett Ace 250 with 9x12 coil, Garrett Pro-Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cool silver coin!

Dihren

Jun 13, 2012
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 150
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nce finds! Just if you didn't know, the coin is only 50% silver. I would be ecstatic to find one though!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread