🥇 BANNER REPUBLIC OF TEXAS Star Button

Dman

Silver Member
Feb 10, 2006
Tennessee
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab EXPLORER SE
I haven't posted anything in a while because I have been letting Vol1266X (Quindy) post our finds as the Tennessee Trio, which includes Josh. He asked me to post this button because of its rarity. We went to a new site on Tuesday which Josh had found for us. Josh found two reales and a bunch of flat buttons and a ball button. Quindy found a flat button a ball button and some round balls. Quindy would have found more but he spent a lot of his time filming Josh and his finds. haha I had found a few round balls and a flat button. Toward the end of the hunt, I found a dome button which I thought was an Eagle button. Since I did not have my glasses, I couldn't tell so Josh cleaned it off. He said it had a star in the middle. I thought he was just messing with me since we do that to each other every chance we get. After cleaning it up a little more, it turned out to be a Republic of Texas button. Thanks for looking, Doug Looking at the button with a better magnifying glass I have determined that the button is an Infantry button. There is an I in the middle of the star.

Attachments

• dsc01489.jpg
    dsc01489.jpg
    29.3 KB · Views: 603
Last edited:
Upvote 13
OP
OP
Dman

Dman

Silver Member
Feb 10, 2006
Tennessee
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab EXPLORER SE
Thank you all for voting banner for this button. I would not nor I could not have found this button without Quindy's and Josh's help. It means a lot to an old man to have his finds acknowledged by his friends and fellow relics hunters.

Thanks
Doug

Breezie

Gold Member
Oct 3, 2009
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
White's DFX & Spectrum~Garrett's Pro-Pointer~VibraProbe
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
DMan, way to go on a FANTASTIC find! Congratulations on a well deserved banner! :) Breezie

VOL1266-X

Gold Member
Jan 10, 2007
Northern Middle Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1266-X, F75 X 2
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Thank you all for voting banner for this button. I would not nor I could not have found this button without Quindy's and Josh's help. It means a lot to an old man to have his finds acknowledged by his friends and fellow relics hunters.

Thanks
Doug

I was just getting ready to hunt the same spot where you dug the Texas button LOL. You don't owe me anything (but a dozen virgin CSA camps to hunt-LOL). WE owe Josh for the excellent job he did locating that old home site in a 60+ acre field without a trace of it ever being there. Q.

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Isn't that just a great button! WTG Burt! I need one of those too. ;) Congrats on the banner! :notworthy:

Nanners

Wildcat1750

Gold Member
Nov 18, 2012
Western CT
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT PRO/Ace 250w8.5x11" DD Coil/
Garrett Pro-Pointer/Garrett Pro-Pointer AT/
Vibra-Tector 730/
Radio Shack Discovery 1000 (Tracker IV)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congratulations on a cool BANNER find! :icon_thumright:
Nick

sutphin

Gold Member
Oct 2, 2013
brunswick md
Detector(s) used
WHITES 5900, MXT 300, MXT PRO, MXT ALL PRO/ 8X6 SEF COIL
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
YES SIR YOU ARE DEMANNNNNNNNNNNNNNN!!!!!!!!!!STARLIGHT STAR BRIGHT TEXAS STAR ONE HELLUVA SIGHT!!VANZUTPHEN:headbang::notworthy::occasion14::hello2:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread