First Merc (With the ACE 250) and first medallion

Ricardo_NY1

Bronze Member
Oct 24, 2006
Bronx, NY
Detector(s) used
Explorer XS/II & Garrett ACE 250
Went out MD'ing last night from 7-10pm. Dug up some clad and in between I found this religious medallion. At first I thought it was a pull tab. Is this one of those church give-aways or something better? Not sure. Further on I received a not so weak dime signal at 8". Dug a nice round plug and out came a cone of soil, and at the bottom of about 7" came this merc. I finally got the hang of this machine. Pressed on but the batteries were almost on E, so I called it a night. Persistance into learning this hobby have so far paid off. I was up till 1am the previous night with a collection of junk items, air testing the crap out of them in an attempt to learn the 250 language.

Attachments

• dec11mercmed.jpg
    dec11mercmed.jpg
    20.5 KB · Views: 625
Upvote 0

ringfinder

Silver Member
Nov 9, 2005
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Minelab GPX 5000, X-Terra 70, Garret Infinium, Tesorro Tiger Shark, ACE 250, Nautilus DMC 2B, Fisher 1235
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds, always love that Mercury Lady and that is a fine religious medal you found also.

The funny thing about silver, especially silver dimes, they sound really good and kinda bounce and sound good and lock right on to dime. Also wheat pennies will do the same thing only they just sound a little different.

I hope anyone on this forum who is using a ACE 250 or ACE 150 is using a headset and using a PROBE.
I mention the probe because with the ACE it should be an important part of your hunting tools. I bet if you aren't using a probe, when you dig a very deep hole, you have a hard time finding your target. Well with a probe, it takes most of the guess work away.

HH all, a fellow ACE 250 user, Ringfinder I am also using a SunRay Probe with my ACE.

OP
OP
Ricardo_NY1

Ricardo_NY1

Bronze Member
Oct 24, 2006
Bronx, NY
Detector(s) used
Explorer XS/II & Garrett ACE 250
Eathabs, that was actually my first mercury dime with the ACE 250 which I've had for about 2 weeks now.......I had found 2 other mercs at the end of Nov. with my BH 1100. It's been almost 2 months actually in the hobby.........however, I did find a 1942 Washington Quarter 2 days into the hobby with the BH 1100. Luck was on my side that day I guess.

eathabs said:
Ric, you scored a merc just a few days into this hobby!!!! Congrats man!!! Keep at it!!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread