Ghost town hunting

DiggingFl

Oct 4, 2006
North FL.
Detector(s) used
Minelab explorer XS and X-Terra 50
Spent more time exploring the land around the peanut field this past week than MD'ing . Found a few more sites that will be worth investing some time in. Out in a cut down came across this concreate tank stand. No blocks just concreate. Around 8 or 9 feet in height.

index.php

There are two more strucures just to its south. One is only marked by the broken glass from early bottles and some bricks. And the other is still partly standing but cant say for sure what it was . I will git some photos of it next time I'm out there. Besides these, came across three other fairly large debris fields in this same cut down. I hunted around the tank stand for about a hour. heres a few of the finds.

index.php

index.php

I don't know what it is but this is probably the most detailed piece of brass Ive ever found.

index.php

Also spent some more time back in the peanut field. Its getting a little harder but still turned up some coins, one token and one of the president cracker jack coins. The token was almost completely encrusted with dirt but cleaned up nice.

index.php

index.php

index.php

This Barber dime looks like it may of been slightly discolored by heat. Probably burnt when the land was cleared in the late 70's.

index.php

Also found 1889 V nickel, 1936 merc, and a 1898 I.H.

index.php

index.php

index.php

Found this 5 inch round copper steam engine pressure gauge about a foot down.

index.php

Thanks for looking. Merry Christmas HH

Upvote 0

West Jersey Detecting

Gold Member
Oct 23, 2006
Philadelphia Area
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Legend, Excalibur 1000/II (hybrid) , Teknetics T2 SE
Primary Interest:
Other
Great finds!

Florida is loaded with ghost towns. I visited one outside of Daytona back in the spring. I heard they are now developing the whole area. I need to get back there soon.

lonewolfe

Gold Member
Feb 14, 2005
West Michigan
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
A stick with a box at one end and a round thing on the other.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Bavaria Mike

Gold Member
Feb 7, 2005
Bavaria Germany
Detector(s) used
Minelab XT70, Fisher 1280, Garrett Ace 250 and MH5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome finds and nice post! Look forward to the site pics and HH, Mike

jonesat

Greenie
Nov 3, 2006
Your brass piece has the size and shape of a watch backing from the picture...mabey thats what it is.

Rich in Houston

Nov 30, 2003
Houston,Katy TX.
Detector(s) used
Tesoro UMax, Cortez & Tejon, Fisher CZ20,
Garrett GTA 1000, AT Pro & AT Max. Minelab Equanox600
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Great photos, so many times I look at some of the photos and say "what is that"!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread