WildDigger

Sep 22, 2012
Winder Ga
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX3030 & At Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was calling on a house for sale and after the owner said no for now but he would call me back later, a lady across the street asked for some help. she needed help hanging a big picture so I helped. Then she asked what I was doing if I was going to buy the house across the street. I told her no I was trying to obtain permission from the owner to metal detect it. She asked about the hobby then said you can detect mine. :D Cool. so I started in the front yard and her son in law came by and asked what I was doing. I told him what I was doing and she offered me to do it in her yard after helping her. Well I guess that did not go over well with him. He left but I guess he called her (he never went inside):mad:. After about 45 min she said he did not want me to dig any more even though you can not see where I was. I said ok and thanks for letting me do what I did.
At least I got a wheat and a 1943 Merc. :yes::yes: Number 15 for the year.
A51A0A93-446F-48E0-BF77-B7F5B3104A4A-14770-00001145500EC8C2.jpg

Upvote 4

LuckyThirteen08

Sep 17, 2012
Grundy VA
Detector(s) used
Fisher F4, Teknetics Delta 4000,Teknetics Omega 8000,Teknetics Gamma 6000,Minelab Pro-Find 25 Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bummer!! At least you snatched a quick silver before getting the shaft.

HH John

jcobb

May 23, 2008
Ft. Worth Tejas
Detector(s) used
CTX3030...AT Pro & Garrett Pro Pointer
Bounty Hunter 505 (Loaner)
heck at least you got to swing for a few! Nice Merc, '43 was my 1st

detroitdigger

Bronze Member
Sep 26, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett gtax 1000,Garrett ace 250, Technetics delta
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
At least you got a couple of keepers.

HutSiteDigger

Silver Member
Nov 26, 2012
Stafford,Virginia
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1266x and a shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Had the same thing happen too :sadsmiley: Asked an older guy in his 70s if we could hunt his property he said "Sure Thing" we started to dig up bullets and some eagle buttons then all sudden about 45 minutes in his son comes over and was like "Sorry, but you can't hunt here" then he went on about how he hunts the property and im sitting there with like 5 bullets and a couple eagle buttons in my pockets and im thinking to myself "Well If you do relic hunt here you do a pretty :censored: job of it" but of course we just said "Sure thing we always ask before we dig so no harm done" then just walked off. His old man was on the porch and told us "Sorry about that" but kinda in a tone as if his son was bossing him around or something. :cat:

Produce Guy

Bronze Member
Dec 17, 2008
austin,texas
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace250,garrett pro-pointer,AT/Pro,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A friend and I got permission to hunt a farmers field,we told him we would share you know 50-50 and he told us no take what you want.After finding lots of coins and silver dimes, he comes out in the field to see if we were finding anything,my buddy shows him our fines and now he says no 50-50,now it's 90-10,we decided to leave and give him about 20 coins.
His land now has a HomeDepot on it.

HutSiteDigger

Silver Member
Nov 26, 2012
Stafford,Virginia
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1266x and a shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
yah i feel yah ProduceGuy.. Unless you good friends with the land owner or farmer the best thing to do is tell them you didn't find much of anything of value when of course you found that CS Buckle 8-)

matt092079

Bronze Member
Nov 21, 2011
Charles Town, WV
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 with 11" DD coil, Garrett Ace 250 with 9x12 coil, Garrett Pro-Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That stinks. He was probably afraid you would find something great.

1Radr4lf

Sep 9, 2012
Owasso, OK
Detector(s) used
White's IDX Pro and Spectra V3i
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Bummer you had to leave. Least ya dug some silver:occasion14:

WHADIFIND

Gold Member
Apr 9, 2012
South of the Mason-Dixon Line
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-MAX
Garrett AT-PRO,
Garrett Groundhog,
Pro-Pointer,

Jack Hammer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I heard that was River Rat's mother in law. Maybe that's why. ;)

Did you scatter that bag of pull tabs as you left? LOL

Last edited:

fishstick

Silver Member
Oct 28, 2012
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Fisher F5, T2SE, F2 for the boys, XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well DIGGER at least you were able to help the lady out. Something her son-in-law could'nt do!! So you did a good deed and found silver. Should make you tingle a lil' in side.. CONGRATS.. HH

WHADIFIND

Gold Member
Apr 9, 2012
South of the Mason-Dixon Line
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-MAX
Garrett AT-PRO,
Garrett Groundhog,
Pro-Pointer,

Jack Hammer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Had the same thing happen too :sadsmiley: Asked an older guy in his 70s if we could hunt his property he said "Sure Thing" we started to dig up bullets and some eagle buttons then all sudden about 45 minutes in his son comes over and was like "Sorry, but you can't hunt here" then he went on about how he hunts the property and im sitting there with like 5 bullets and a couple eagle buttons in my pockets and im thinking to myself "Well If you do relic hunt here you do a pretty :censored: job of it" but of course we just said "Sure thing we always ask before we dig so no harm done" then just walked off. His old man was on the porch and told us "Sorry about that" but kinda in a tone as if his son was bossing him around or something. :cat:

I would've told him that he must be doing a FAN-DAMN-TASTIC job! I couldn't even find a single, solitary piece of metal!! You've hunted it out!!! LOL

MNcoinhunter

Nov 19, 2012
Northern Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE Pro, Sunray X-5, 6" Excelerator EQ2, SEF 10X12.
Garrett AT Pro, 8X11 DD & 5X8 DD,
Garrett Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The best excuse I got for not being allowed to dig was "Nah, we might find gold here or something" ... ya you go get that gold buddy. Jackass ..

Gunrunner61

Silver Member
Jan 12, 2011
Dalton,Ga.
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, E Trac, Garrett Pro Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Man I hate it when that happens!......But ya got the Silver..........HH

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread