A quick unexpected hunt today = two very old chinese coins!

Diggincoinz

Bronze Member
Dec 19, 2004
Wayne County, NY
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra 70 / Tesoro TigerShark / Fisher F70
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I didn't expect this today after receiving 5 inches of snow yesterday morning. Drove thru town today and seen that they began clearing a cleared lot to start building a new Subway store. The section they bull dozed uesed to have a victorian era home on it that when the old house came down years ago I metal detected the front sidwalk area and got a few wheaties and a old cinese coin.

Today I did it again while scanning all the dirt the moved around. Problem is there used to be a old service garage next to it and there's lots of metal junk all over. I managed near the same spot from a few years back two more wheaties ('53 and '57) plus two more of those old chinese coins that no one can identify :tongue3:.

Also a small flat button that reads: ORANGE GILT COLOUR. There's also a bit of what seems to be a letter and a number below the work "orange", letter "A" and number "13" but can't really tell. Can you?

IMG_0014.JPG IMG_0015.JPG IMG_0016.JPG
IMG_0017.JPG IMG_0018.JPG UPDATE INFO: With al ittle bit of google search I've come up with the being Emperor HSUAN TSUNG 1821-1850, Reign title: TAO-KUANG, minted in Peking. The 2nd one is Emperor TE TSUNG 1875-1908, Reign title: KUANG-HSU,, also minted in Peking. Pretty cool!
IMG_0019.JPG

Last edited:
Upvote 3

rustydigger

Aug 11, 2010
central jersey
Detector(s) used
whites v3i, bounty hunter tracker IV, whites bullseye II pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Love those construction sights ive been hitting one where a similar place was been doing well there. Keep hitting it more is there get it before they cover it up forever. Nice saves

OP
OP
Diggincoinz

Diggincoinz

Bronze Member
Dec 19, 2004
Wayne County, NY
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thx! I'll be watching it as they go but today's windchill is near zero and the upcoming week isn't looking any better. A not so cold day with some sunshine might help me out tho :thumbsup:

HomeGuardDan

Bronze Member
Jul 15, 2011
Williamsburg, VA
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
very cool...one of your Chinese coins has filing marks on it, which I have read means more later (turn of the century) very cool!

Dan

pong12211

Bronze Member
Jan 5, 2013
North central Pa.
Detector(s) used
Garrett at pro/Garrett pro pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Those are some really neat finds.. Well NY. isnt that far away from China LOL.. Superb finds..

OP
OP
Diggincoinz

Diggincoinz

Bronze Member
Dec 19, 2004
Wayne County, NY
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
very cool...one of your Chinese coins has filing marks on it, which I have read means more later (turn of the century) very cool!

Dan

Yes you're correct!
Coin#1 Emperor HSUAN TSUNG 1821-1850, Reign title: TAO-KUANG. Minted in Peking.
Coin#2 Emperor TE TSUNG 1875-1908, Reign title: KUANG-HSU, also minted in Peking.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread