Diggin-N-Dumps

Gold Member
Sep 9, 2009
Fort Worth,Texas
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / AT PRO / Etrac w/ NEL
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Went out this weekend with Tejasdigger, and hit up a new spot we have never detected. It was pretty much a bust until I found this Token.
It seems to be pretty old, as it was neon green when I pulled it out of the ground.

About 20 mins later I got a real Iffy signal, and it turned out to be this broken small silver ring.

That was all for that spot, dont think we will be returning anytime soon.

I went out Sunday morning to check on a spot that we have been hunting for years, and they are doing major construction in the area.

I saw where they scraped the ground to make a drainage ditch, So I decided to hit that area.

The first Signal I got was about 4 inches deep, which was crazy because they must have moved over a foot of dirt off the top.

I dug down and found my firts Buffalo for the year!!..it was dateless, but still cool.

I took a couple more steps got another Iffy signal, dug down 6 inches, and got my first Indian Head Penny for the year!! and Only my second one ever!!

it was a 1903, and I still cant get the thing cleaned off.

took a few more swings, and got a "Goldish" signal, duig down another 6 inches and out pops this little silver banded ring. So it had to be as old as the Buff and IH I had just dug...I was starting to run out of the area they dug, when i got a straight up Nickel Signal, I figured it was anther Buff or maybe even a V-Nick.

But it turned out to be this sweet little (1.3 gram) 14k Nugget Earring!!..i was suprised to see it , because it doesnt seem to be as old as my other finds.

I was heading back to the car, and I saw the pile they had just removed to make this ditch, I only had about 15 mins left, and in those 15 minutes, I manage to find a couple more pieces of Silver and 6 wheats!.

So i WILL be back there this week to clean up anything I may have missed.

Well, thanks for reading.

Any Info on this token would be great.

it says

ED. FRIEDRICH SALES CORP , SAN ANTONIO TEXAS, and has the crest.seal on it.

The reverse just has the horseshoe, and says GOOD LUCK.

I found something Similar, but the one that I found on the Internet shows a Bust on the front side, and mine has the seal on it.

Total Finds.JPG

Attachments

• BUFF.JPG
    BUFF.JPG
    733.7 KB · Views: 477
  • IH.JPG
    IH.JPG
    745.6 KB · Views: 495
  • Gold.JPG
    Gold.JPG
    410.8 KB · Views: 505
  • Token Front.JPG
    Token Front.JPG
    785.7 KB · Views: 519
  • Token Back.JPG
    Token Back.JPG
    648 KB · Views: 495
Last edited:
Upvote 5

dig kzoo

Bronze Member
Jan 6, 2013
Kalamazoo co. MI
Detector(s) used
1 Minelab CTX3030, 2 Garrett AT Gold, Garrett ACE 350, 2 Bounty Hunter tracker IV,BH Junior, 2 Garrett pro pointers
a family adventure!!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Great finds! look foward to hearing how you do on clean up patrol!

Fix

Oct 17, 2012
Southern California
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sovereign XS-2a Pro with a 15 inch DD WOT coil.
Deeptech Vista Gold.
AT Max.
Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
It's a great feeling when you have a spot you know is going to produce some more silver and who knows what else. Go get it!

shedseeker

Oct 28, 2012
ny
Detector(s) used
White's coinmaster GT , Garrett ace 250 , Garrett AT PRO
Garrett AT pro pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
AWESOME !! great finds and greaat thinking

Jim of PA

Sep 23, 2012
SW Pa
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 SE LTD Sunray FX1 Probe Minelab X Terra 705 Garrett pro-pointer Whites Prizm 4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

fishstick

Silver Member
Oct 28, 2012
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Fisher F5, T2SE, F2 for the boys, XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You r on a GOLD ROLL bud!! Way to stay on top of the construction.. CONGRATS.. HH

JT1080

Sep 17, 2012
Santa Clarita
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sweet finds! Congrats.

Remember what the "goldish" signal was on the VDI of you AT?

Chug And Red

Gold Member
Feb 18, 2010
Vancouver WA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Chug)Whites Classic 5 ID, (Red Whites Coin master Pro)

Chug and Reds New Additions

Give It Up>> Garrett's AT Pro
Buttercup>> Garrett's Ace 250
Show Me the Money>> Garrets Ace 400
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Think about How the Soil Moves When Being Forced Out of the Ground And Being Moved !!!! I Rolled and Churns around!!! They are moving Years Or More At A Time!!! We Would Be Out there In force Until Told To Get Away

frogginfish

Dec 18, 2012
Southwest Indiana
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Fisher F2 w/11" DD coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Holy cow! That is awesome! It seems like the At Pro is the cream of the crop of detectors....everybody's finding good stuff with them! I'm getting ready to get the Fisher F2 soon...I may upgrade to the AT PRO not long after....
Congrats on your finds!!!

OP
OP
Diggin-N-Dumps

Diggin-N-Dumps

Gold Member
Sep 9, 2009
Fort Worth,Texas
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sweet finds! Congrats.

Remember what the "goldish" signal was on the VDI of you AT?

Yea, It was bouncing from 63-64, So i thought it would have been a new pulltab or maybe gold, but turned out to be a small silver ring.

ive noticed in teh last month or so, I have found alot of small Silver items that were ringing up as Gold, I guess because of there size. But Most the Gold I have found were in the 50's. I did find 2 rings that rang up as 48-49, and a larger ring that read as 59-60, but the other rings and gold i have found were dead on 51-52, which is a Nickel about 90 percent of the time.

OP
OP
Diggin-N-Dumps

Diggin-N-Dumps

Gold Member
Sep 9, 2009
Fort Worth,Texas
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Think about How the Soil Moves When Being Forced Out of the Ground And Being Moved !!!! I Rolled and Churns around!!! They are moving Years Or More At A Time!!! We Would Be Out there In force Until Told To Get Away

Oh I hear you..I think these people are getting sick of seeing me..lol..But the cool part is that they did give me permission to hunt this area, and always ask what I find..They are some really nice Spanish guys that actually seem interested.

OP
OP
Diggin-N-Dumps

Diggin-N-Dumps

Gold Member
Sep 9, 2009
Fort Worth,Texas
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Holy cow! That is awesome! It seems like the At Pro is the cream of the crop of detectors....everybody's finding good stuff with them! I'm getting ready to get the Fisher F2 soon...I may upgrade to the AT PRO not long after....
Congrats on your finds!!!

Haha, To be honest, its taken me a year or so to really understand this thing...and Now I feel alot more confident when Im out hunting...its all about where you are at

JT1080

Sep 17, 2012
Santa Clarita
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Diggin-N-Dumps said:
Yea, It was bouncing from 63-64, So i thought it would have been a new pulltab or maybe gold, but turned out to be a small silver ring.

ive noticed in teh last month or so, I have found alot of small Silver items that were ringing up as Gold, I guess because of there size. But Most the Gold I have found were in the 50's. I did find 2 rings that rang up as 48-49, and a larger ring that read as 59-60, but the other rings and gold i have found were dead on 51-52, which is a Nickel about 90 percent of the time.

Right on. That's good info to know. I've found one piece of gold with my at pro. It was a 10k religious pendant that came up as a solid 41. Was curious of how much a variance on each target was, which you explained. Thanks :)

choppadude

Dec 23, 2012
Twin Tiers NY
Detector(s) used
XP Deus X2, CTX 3030, E Trac, T2, AT Pro, AKA Sorex, Makro Kruzer, Minelab GP3500, Nokta Impact
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice! Cannot wait to get my new AT Pro out in the field.

granthansen

Bronze Member
May 16, 2012
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030, Garrett Ace 350, Fisher CZ-21, Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great finds! And you pounced on a good opportunity. Is that an Indian in there too? Should clean up nice with hot peroxide.

jcobb

May 23, 2008
Ft. Worth Tejas
Detector(s) used
CTX3030...AT Pro & Garrett Pro Pointer
Bounty Hunter 505 (Loaner)
Man your AT Pro is on FIRE! Have you tried the 5X8 coil?

CoinFetcher

Bronze Member
Apr 29, 2012
Left coast
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Love to treasure hunt
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My AT pro is in the Mail.

Thanks Bart ;)