After work local hunting!

dtiger2k

Feb 3, 2013
Alabama
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTAx 400 (Mine)
Whites Prism II (Wife's)
Planning on upgrading both soon, hopefully.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I went out detecting near a local river after work for a little over an hour and found a lot of trash but I brought a few pieces home that I thought were more interesting.

I told my wife that the Colgate tubes looked to be from the late 60's or 70's, I looked them up and was right on. The interesting thing was that I found them on an old 4 wheeler trail in the middle of the woods about 10 feet from each other.

There were a lot of old cans, mostly the tops were all that was left. I have decided to start a tab collection since I seem to find a lot of those.

The other interesting piece was a blob of lead, I figure that it was probably an old sinker that was thrown into a campfire or something.

Oh, almost forgot the two small fired bullets. I've always thought it interesting to find fired lead even if it is newer and not a CW miniball.

Not much to look at but a nice time out in the woods swinging.

image.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 2

SilverPirate

Dec 23, 2012
Boerne Tx.
Detector(s) used
New Minelab E-Trac with Sunray probe, Garrett Ace 350, Teknetics Delta, Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Looks like a fun day swinging the detector!

hamiddetecting

Gold Member
Feb 22, 2012
North Pole
Detector(s) used
Sovereign GT and Excalibur II, Whites, Garrett, Fisher, Alert, MD,Cscope,Tesoro, Compas, XP, Long Rs
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:hello:Welcome:occasion14: Good luck next hunt:metaldetector:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread