Feb 16, 2013
Northwest - Idaho
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter - Fast Tracker
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Took grand kids metal detecting-Beginner's Luck

Hello, everyone.
Took my pre-teen grand kids out yesterday to try out my metal detector. If the wind could have been a bit lighter we would probably have stayed out till night fall. I've had a Bounty Hunter 'Fast Tracker' for about 2 yrs. but never got it out of the box. With the grand kids out of school on President's Day, I invited them to try it out with me. They were pretty excited about the excursion, and even stopped texting and paused their games to plan our little trip.

I didn't know what to expect, but I think we did pretty well for not knowing a single thing about this hobby or machine. I don't even know how to adjust the dials on it. (have no clue what I'm doing.):dontknow:
First, found a penny. Then, another penny, then a dime, more pennies, fishing lures, a few pop bottle caps, and a weird looking contraption of cogs or gears about the size of the palm of my hand. Maybe part of a fishing reel?
We picked up broken glass and threw away trash as we went, but we hit on something every 10 steps, or so. Kept us busy digging. It was hard to put the thing down, and everybody wanted to try it. Even got to watch the silly ducks dive n' slide on the ice patches on the ponds. (Silly creatures.)
All in all, we had a lot of fun. Would have been better if the wind wasn't so cold. We are definitely going to do it again. I think we're hooked.....line and sinker.

Upvote 1

ammo_u

Nov 25, 2009
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
ACE 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very nice! My son cant wait until I upgrade and hand mine down. He had the money saved to by an ACE 250 and I told him to hold on for another month and he can have mine. Use the money towards a sniper coil. I can tell you its always a blast and any day out swinging a coil beats setting infront of a TV or behind a cell phone!

OP
OP
JSpinner

JSpinner

Feb 16, 2013
Northwest - Idaho
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter - Fast Tracker
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very nice! My son cant wait until I upgrade and hand mine down. He had the money saved to by an ACE 250 and I told him to hold on for another month and he can have mine. Use the money towards a sniper coil. I can tell you its always a blast and any day out swinging a coil beats setting infront of a TV or behind a cell phone!

You got that right. Wish I had started this sooner. I'd probably know a thing or two about what I'm doing. I expect I'll get it figured out by reading posts, here.

blaylock

Feb 12, 2013
northeast ms
Detector(s) used
Garret Ace 150
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I invited them to try it out with me. They were pretty excited about the excursion, and even stopped texting and paused their games to plan our little trip.

That alone means alot nowadays. WTG

oddrod

Oct 31, 2012
Derby KS
Detector(s) used
Brother Bobs Tesoro Deleon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My 15 yr old son has just recently started mding with me, and he cant get enough. He said " I used to like shiny new money, but now I like dirty old money."

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hello from White Plains, New York! First - I Love your Avatar!! Good on ya getting out with the Grands! Looking forward to seeing your future finds! :icon_thumright:

John Boy

Bronze Member
Sep 11, 2012
Detector(s) used
FISHER F75 LTD CAMOUFLAGE,CZ3D 1021,1220X AND GARRETT PRO POINTER.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just like my step son don't matter what he digs as long as he's a digging up something.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread