Illinois bottle

JWoodruff

Feb 6, 2013
Found this cool little bottle while mding today. I can't find any info on it except the diamond I mark on the bottom dates it 1915-1925(?). I tried looking it up on line but can't find the exact bottle with the arrow and pour here on the neck. I'm sure it was a common bottle. I was a little disappointed on the age as I was digging in a cw camp. But I'm not a bottle guy and it was kinda cool.

ForumRunner_20130413_205355.png

Upvote 2

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OP
OP
J

JWoodruff

Feb 6, 2013
Nice find JWoodruff! I searched the net and found another bottle (just like yours) and identified as a medicine bottle. I also found another bottle (not like yours but with Pour Here) and was identified as a Pharmacy bottle. Now - good ole EBay had a similiar ones for sale - take a look at Antique Medicine Bottle Illinois and vintage 5 1/2 in. tall clear medicine bottle. Another auction site had this Antique medicine bottle, glass, 3oz, pour here.

Thank You! Guess I was looking in the wrong places. My first bottle and it is way better than the Ball lid that rang the detector to begin with. Guess I'll find a spot for it who knows may find more to put with it!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread