Gold nickel...toning.....check it out.

Blind.In.Texas

Bronze Member
Sep 1, 2006
Lone Star State
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Stopped in at the Valero today for some consumables. Wasn't going to stop at first, but, then realized I was almost out. I needed a one liter coke anyway. I payed the clerk, got my change, and before I could hit the door I was checking the coins out. 1945-P. What struck me as odd was the toning.

The sky was overcast high up. Lots of light to take the picture in. I took it from the cab of my pickup while the nickel sat on my leg. The toning is actually just a bit lighter. My guess is that this one was in a roll that has been put away for quite a while or just re-entered circulation from a collection. The toning is sweet. I dig this coin. This is also my first known silver cash-back coin.

Laater...

Attachments

• WarNickelObverse.jpg
    WarNickelObverse.jpg
    34.9 KB · Views: 783
  • WarNickelReverse.jpg
    WarNickelReverse.jpg
    43.1 KB · Views: 784
Upvote 0

The Beep Goes On

Silver Member
Jan 11, 2006
Houston, TX
Detector(s) used
CTX3030, Excalibur II, V3i, TRX
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Very nice WRFPAC! I have a few of those...found a couple in a modern park which was kinda wierd.

HH!
TBGO

shanko

Dec 6, 2006
Anderson, In.
Detector(s) used
bounty hunter pioneer 202
That is one sweet toned nickel man. Off of the subject, but I think the Colts are going to smoke the Patriots in this upcoming game. Just a hunch.

Later!

Shanko

papa

Sep 21, 2006
WTG,I think I can see the tone,I'm just a wee bit color blind.Does the tone add to the value ?

OP
OP
Blind.In.Texas

Blind.In.Texas

Bronze Member
Sep 1, 2006
Lone Star State
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
papa said:
WTG,I think I can see the tone,I'm just a wee bit color blind.Does the tone add to the value ?
Not sure. I don't think it would for a circulated coin. It does, however, add to the 'cool' factor.

Laater...

treasurekidd

Bronze Member
Nov 20, 2004
Rhode Island
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Off of the subject, but I think the Colts are going to smoke the Patriots in this upcoming game. Just a hunch.

May the best team win Shanko. GO PATS!! I've been a Pats fan since the early 70's, through all the bad years when they were the Patsies, and I love my team and want them to win. But I'll tell you what, if the Colt's do win, I'll be happy for them, especially Peyton, Harrison and Coach Dungy, and I'll root for them in the Super Bowl. With that said, I think it's a very big IF, lol! Tom Brady just doesn't lose games like this!

Sorry to hijack your thread there Will.Root.For.Patriots.Against.Colts, that sure is a nice war nickel. ALWAYS check your change!!

OP
OP
Blind.In.Texas

Blind.In.Texas

Bronze Member
Sep 1, 2006
Lone Star State
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Treasurekidd said:
Off of the subject, but I think the Colts are going to smoke the Patriots in this upcoming game. Just a hunch.

May the best team win Shanko. GO PATS!! I've been a Pats fan since the early 70's, through all the bad years when they were the Patsies, and I love my team and want them to win. But I'll tell you what, if the Colt's do win, I'll be happy for them, especially Peyton, Harrison and Coach Dungy, and I'll root for them in the Super Bowl. With that said, I think it's a very big IF, lol! Tom Brady just doesn't lose games like this!

Sorry to hijack your thread there Will.Root.For.Patriots.Against.Colts, that sure is a nice war nickel. ALWAYS check your change!!
oh! A long timer!! Manning better have his game face on so no one will be able to see his pain. You could see it in Brady's eyes against the chargers that his team was on the edge of giving one up. I'll bet he lays down the law and we won't see that kind of sorry performance again. Must have been divine intervention with that last field goal.

Laater...

papa

Sep 21, 2006
;D ;D I need to razz you more often,I got three new nickles back in change after reading your post ;D Oh yeah,all were different ;D ;D

Greenbay

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions