Upvote 8

JohnT

Jun 19, 2012
Northern Michigan
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Bounty Hunter 3300, and a Garrett Pro-pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
that's right purty... going back for more?

Kodiak43351

Bronze Member
May 6, 2013
NW Ohio
Detector(s) used
At Max,Xp deus,At pro, At gold, pro pointer, ace 350 bounty hunter. Lesche hand and t handle digging tools, Sask kustom digger, Garrett edge digger and Garrett retriever, Garrett classifier made into
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Evolution

Gold Member
Aug 2, 2007
Upstate NY
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX (with 4x6 shooter DD coil and 12" spider coil), Minelab Rocco 2700. (E-Trac)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice silver!!:thumbsup: One year older and you'd have had a seated... I'd be psyched to get back out to my back yard if I was finding coins like that in it. :occasion14:

OP
OP
333Demon333

333Demon333

Apr 27, 2013
Thanks guys, I went a little overboard after this find. Started digging on every hit that I got, then the wife started yelling out the kitchen window. That's when I knew that was enough for today.

Kodiak43351

Bronze Member
May 6, 2013
NW Ohio
Detector(s) used
At Max,Xp deus,At pro, At gold, pro pointer, ace 350 bounty hunter. Lesche hand and t handle digging tools, Sask kustom digger, Garrett edge digger and Garrett retriever, Garrett classifier made into
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks guys, I went a little overboard after this find. Started digging on every hit that I got, then the wife started yelling out the kitchen window. That's when I knew that was enough for today.

I thought I was only one lol

Kodiak43351

Bronze Member
May 6, 2013
NW Ohio
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I took my 1893 o mint mark barber dime to a coin dealer and he offered me $70.00 for it. I found it about 100 yards from my barn.

wheatfinder13

Silver Member
Nov 23, 2012
New Orleans
Detector(s) used
Teknetics alpha 2000 ,garret pro pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Very nice find, and you didn't even have to leave your house!

ggossage

May 18, 2009
Eastern Nebraska

Just tell her to get out there with you and help you find that gold diamond ring you heard was lost there by the previous owner....that ought to squeeze the squeak out of her :laughing7:

63bkpkr

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2007
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XLT, GMT, 6000D Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Guidance and Detecting Options for Life

Well333Demon333 it is usually wise to listen to the soft call of guidance from a loved one. After all, sleeping with ones detector is not all that comfortable especially in the back yard, especially if there are a bunch of male cats prowling as one usually wakes up smelling 'different' and coughing up hair balls. At least, that is what I've been told.

And the saying is "the grass is always greener on the other side" and you've proved that incorrect! Way to go and a nice find in any condition. Out of curiosity how deep was the dime and what machine was in use when you found it?..................63bkpkr

Last edited:

cjon455

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2012
Northeast PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Garrett Propointer
Garrett Propointer-AT
Sampson T handle shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ehh no big deal, only found a barber dime in my yard, ehh..........:o are you kidding!! holy mother a barber!!!:o thats awesome, good job on such an old coin right at home:wav:

OP
OP
333Demon333

333Demon333

Apr 27, 2013
Well333Demon333 it is usually wise to listen to the soft call of guidance from a loved one. After all, sleeping with ones detector is not all that comfortable especially in the back yard, especially if there are a bunch of male cats prowling as one usually wakes up smelling 'different' and coughing up hair balls. At least, that is what I've been told.

And the saying is "the grass is always greener on the other side" and you've proved that incorrect! Way to go and a nice find in any condition. Out of curiosity how deep was the dime and what machine was in use when you found it?..................63bkpkr

Thanks. I was actually using and old Whites Eagle II. I live in the historical district in Fayetteville, Tn. I found the dime a little over 5 inches down, right next to the end of the driveway. I've also found a lot of wheats and one buffalo nickel, but never expected to find a Barber dime.

blugotti1

Bronze Member
Jan 19, 2009
GA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
nice silver!! and saved gas!

Erik in NJ

Silver Member
Oct 4, 2010
The Garden State
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE Pro & CTX-3030
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Too funny! Sounds like something my wife would do too! :laughing7: That silver is even sweeter when you find it on your own property. My yard has the history, but it's been heavily regraded before we moved in. :BangHead: Hope you find more in your yard :thumbsup:

granthansen

Bronze Member
May 16, 2012
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030, Garrett Ace 350, Fisher CZ-21, Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Too funny! Sounds like something my wife would do too! :laughing7: That silver is even sweeter when you find it on your own property. My yard has the history, but it's been heavily regraded before we moved in. :BangHead: Hope you find more in your yard :thumbsup:

Congrats. All my yard yields is aluminum shards and rusty nails. And that's with no grading.

Great find. Send your wife out for a deserved massage and use the time to destroy your backyard :)

63bkpkr

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2007
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XLT, GMT, 6000D Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There is nothing better than detecting in the Historical section of town, especially if you life there! Try the neighbors, ask for permission to detect, as well. Your yard is proof the the possibility of good finds is there......................63bkpkr

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread